Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 75

Thread: Next year's potential lineup

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    9,206
    vCash
    966500

    Next year's potential lineup

    1. Amani Larry 2B
    2. Colton Ledbetter LF
    3. Hunter Hines 1B
    4. Bill Knight CF
    5. Paul Skenes DH
    6. Kellum Clark RF
    7. Luke Hancock C
    8. Slate Alford 3B
    9. Lane Forsythe SS

    That's assuming Hancock comes back, which is a legit possibility. It's also assuming we get Skenes which is a possibility, but not a given. It's also assuming Kam goes pro, but it's possible he comes back and if he does, you could slide him in for Alford and bump him up a few spots in the lineup. Regardless of how it all shakes out, we've got a legit lineup on our hands, and we're an ace away (Skenes) from being a national championship favorite right now.

    Fri- Skenes
    Sat- Cade
    Sun- Gartman/KC Hunt

    Bullpen- Dohm (could start), Fristoe, Nixon, Jackson Kelley (soon), Pico, P. Johnson (iffy), Cheatham, Loftin and Cjente (if they make it to campus), Holcombe, Brandon Smith (could come back), other freshmen pitchers.

    We gon' be alright.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    14,270
    vCash
    2510
    let's see how we look after the draft and after the portal recruiting is complete. but yeah, the staff is definitely putting in work. need a couple of more arms.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    9,206
    vCash
    966500
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    let's see how we look after the draft and after the portal recruiting is complete. but yeah, the staff is definitely putting in work. need a couple of more arms.
    Well I think that goes without saying...


    But we need another lefty out of the pen

  4. #4
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    65,096
    vCash
    10439
    The portal is an awesome tool for us this season when we were in trouble without it. Still, it's kinda sad to see free agency in college baseball also

  5. #5
    Our 500th Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    443
    vCash
    3200
    1. Amani Larry 2B
    2. Colton Ledbetter LF
    3. Billy Knight CF
    4. Hunter Hines 1B
    5. Paul Skenes?/Hancock/Aaron Downs DH
    6. Kellum Clark RF
    7. Josh Hancock/Ross Highfill C
    8. Slate Alford/Kam James 3B
    9. Lane Forsythe SS

    Ross Highfill at catcher and batting 8th is likely the worst case scenario for the position.

    Nate Chester may have a say somewhere as well.

    I just have a gut feeling Hancock will be coming back.

    If we can add Skenes and secure at least one more reliever, this is an Omaha roster.

    1. Paul Skenes
    2. Cade Smith
    3. Nate Dohm/Landon Gartman

    Pico Kohn, Cole Cheatam, Jackson Fristoe, KC Hunt, Brock Tapper, Colby Holcombe, Jackson Kelley?

    Closer: Aaron Dixon

    Maybe's later in the year: Stone Simmons, Brooks Auger

  6. #6
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    65,096
    vCash
    10439
    I'd love to have Hancock back. I think he could have a huge season

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    14,270
    vCash
    2510
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The portal is an awesome tool for us this season when we were in trouble without it. Still, it's kinda sad to see free agency in college baseball also
    I agree on both counts. We were toast without the portal.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    9,206
    vCash
    966500
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'd love to have Hancock back. I think he could have a huge season
    Plus it would allow Highfill and the younger catchers to ease into it and not be thrown into the fire immediately

  9. #9
    Senior Member Coach34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    26,247
    vCash
    2610
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'd love to have Hancock back. I think he could have a huge season
    Hancock's a glue guy. Will hit .290 or so, good OBP, and is a solid catcher. Would be great to have him back
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

  10. #10
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    19,534
    vCash
    3100
    Really need Hancock to come back. Veteran leader and would let the young catchers develop at a slower pace. Gonna hit ok with a little pop and good obp.

  11. #11
    Senior Member BeardoMSU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    16,663
    vCash
    53100
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    1. Amani Larry 2B
    2. Colton Ledbetter LF
    3. Hunter Hines 1B
    4. Bill Knight CF
    5. Paul Skenes DH
    6. Kellum Clark RF
    7. Luke Hancock C
    8. Slate Alford 3B
    9. Lane Forsythe SS

    That's assuming Hancock comes back, which is a legit possibility. It's also assuming we get Skenes which is a possibility, but not a given. It's also assuming Kam goes pro, but it's possible he comes back and if he does, you could slide him in for Alford and bump him up a few spots in the lineup. Regardless of how it all shakes out, we've got a legit lineup on our hands, and we're an ace away (Skenes) from being a national championship favorite right now.

    Fri- Skenes
    Sat- Cade
    Sun- Gartman/KC Hunt

    Bullpen- Dohm (could start), Fristoe, Nixon, Jackson Kelley (soon), Pico, P. Johnson (iffy), Cheatham, Loftin and Cjente (if they make it to campus), Holcombe, Brandon Smith (could come back), other freshmen pitchers.

    We gon' be alright.
    Just went from 6 to midnight**

  12. #12
    Senior Member Coach34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    26,247
    vCash
    2610
    One thing we know now- we wont be ass in 2023 and finish last in the West
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

  13. #13
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    19,534
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    One thing we know now- we wont be ass in 2023 and finish last in the West
    I agree and got go give Lemonis some props for not just sitting still. I believe he had a little motivational get together with the staff after the season. Looks like it's working. Add a couple more arms and I'll feel really good.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Saltydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,931
    vCash
    3706
    It's definitely a better lineup but our fellow SEC brethren are getting players just as good as we are so we'll see how it all washes out.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    3,134
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I agree and got go give Lemonis some props for not just sitting still. I believe he had a little motivational get together with the staff after the season. Looks like it's working. Add a couple more arms and I'll feel really good.
    Everybody else in the West is loading up as well.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    19,534
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Everybody else in the West is loading up as well.
    So it should be very competitive just like it always is.

    ETA and only 2 coaches in the sec west with national championships. Lemonis and Bianco

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,170
    vCash
    3000
    I think if we can add a guy who played in the California Penal League last year, the staff will be set! ?Gimme Vaughn?

  18. #18
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    19,534
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    I think if we can add a guy who played in the California Penal League last year, the staff will be set! ?Gimme Vaughn?
    Awesome! Give em the heater, Kid!

  19. #19
    Senior Member BeardoMSU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    16,663
    vCash
    53100
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    ?Gimme Vaughn?

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,857
    vCash
    3621
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    So it should be very competitive just like it always is.

    ETA and only 2 coaches in the sec west with national championships. Lemonis and Bianco
    Christian Little of Vanderbilt seems headed to LSU. "Geaux Tigers" tweeted out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.