Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Basketball transfers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    There's a thing called Google. Look it up and you'll understand how incorrect you are about what you stated.
    Your post make no sense, I'm not googling anything.. if you can't defend your post without googling, don't post anything. I don't care what Google says, I know what I'm talking about

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    Malik Newman.. Mcdonalds All American
    Quinndary Weatherspoon drafted by the Spurs
    Reggie Perry McDonald's AA drafted by Brooklyn
    Robert Woodard drafted by Sacramento
    Dj Stewart 4 star, signed with Miami heat
    Iverson Molinar signed with Milwaukee Bucks
    Garrison Brooks signed with New York Knicks
    Tyson Carter 4 star
    Nick Weatherspoon 5/4 star
    Aric Holman 4 star played with Lakers and Spurs summer league
    Mario Kegler 4 star
    Abdul Ado 4 star
    Lamar Peter 4 star

Howland recruited a ton of talent... he just didn't coach them well but no one can say he wasn't a good receuiter. I'll debate this all day long
    How many stayed for four years much less contributed for three besides Q or Ado?
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Your post make no sense, I'm not googling anything.. if you can't defend your post without googling, don't post anything. I don't care what Google says, I know what I'm talking about
    "Honestly we haven't been on Auburn or Bama's level since we had Stansbury.. Stans kept us relevant and had us in the tourney most years, we just never advanced far."

If you had said we haven't been on Auburn's level since Bruce Pearls arrival, you'd have been more correct, but even then we were at their level his first 2-3 years. So what changed? Because he's an ACTUAL elite/great recruiter & took them to the next level recently.

Auburn was down during our Rick Ray years. Auburn took the next step because of an ACTUAL GREAT recruiter/coach.

20 win seasons since Stansbury:
    Auburn 4
    MSU 3
    Bama 3

Yea we definitely haven't been on Bama or Auburn's level 🤦 Good thing you know basketball tho.

& my point stands. Jans will recruit as well as Howland did here. And Jans is likely the better coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    How many stayed for four years much less contributed for three besides Q or Ado?
    Lol, calipari sucks as a recruiter too. How many stayed 4 years? lol

vCash
    Aric Holman 4 years
    Nick Weatherspoon 3 years
    Lamar Peters 3 years
    Tyson Carter 4 years
    DJ Stewart 3 years
    Quindarry Weatherspoon 4 years
    Abdul Ado 4 years
    Iverson Molinar 3 years

And everyone I listed all contributed whats your point?

vCash
    "Honestly we haven't been on Auburn or Bama's level since we had Stansbury.. Stans kept us relevant and had us in the tourney most years, we just never advanced far."

If you had said we haven't been on Auburn's level since Bruce Pearls arrival, you'd have been more correct, but even then we were at their level his first 2-3 years. So what changed? Because he's an ACTUAL elite/great recruiter & took them to the next level recently.

Auburn was down during our Rick Ray years. Auburn took the next step because of an ACTUAL GREAT recruiter/coach.

Auburn 4
    MSU 3
    Bama 3

Yea we definitely haven't been on Bama or Auburn's level 🤦 Good thing you know basketball tho.

& my point stands. Jans will recruit as well as Howland did here. And Jans is likely the better coach.
    Tournies
    Bama 4
    Auburn 3
    State 1

Sweet 16
    Bama and auburn 1
    State 0

Sec champs
    Bama and auburn 1
    State 0

You really trying to sell us as equals?

vCash

Auburn 4
    MSU 3
    Bama 3

I honestly don't even know what point your trying to make at this point. What you just posted tells me nothing. 20 win seasons? That means absolutely nothing in today's game. There was a time where a 20 win season meant you were almost guaranteed a tourney spot, now it means nothing.. Quad wins determine your spot in the tournament.

Posting about 20 win season definitely didn't help whatever point you're trying to make.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Tournies
    Bama 4
    Auburn 3
    State 1

Sweet 16
    Bama and auburn 1
    State 0

Sec champs
    Bama and auburn 1
    State 0

You really trying to sell us as equals?
    I was just about to post this exact same thing

vCash
    I was just about to post this exact same thing
    Not to mention, why would auburn and bama (our equals) be keeping their coaches while we move on?

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Not to mention, why would auburn and bama (our equals) be keeping their coaches while we move on?
    Ummm because they have great/elite recruiters as coaches. Everything they've done since Stans has been since we hired Howland. Auburn more than Bama. You are literally making my point that Howland was in fact NOT a great/elite recruiter. Jans will recruit just as well as Howland has here.

vCash
    Ummm because they have great/elite recruiters as coaches. Everything they've done has been since we hired Howland. Aubirn more than Bama. You are literally making my point that Howland was in fact NOT a great/elite recruiter. Jans will recruit just as well as Howland has here.
    Mumble, mumble... 20 win seasons

vCash
    Also, we can hate on Jans as a recruiter but 5 years ago Mosley would have been a bulldog. It isn’t Jans fault that we couldn’t outbid Mizzou.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Also, we can hate on Jans as a recruiter but 5 years ago Mosley would have been a bulldog. It isn’t Jans fault that we couldn’t outbid Mizzou.
    I personally hope Jans does great for us and I'm not hating on him as a recruiter, I'm only voicing my concerns about it. I know he will be a really good coach I just worry about the recruiting, he hasn't had to recruit at an SEC level before and his 1st class here is filled with mid major portal guys...

I do think with what we have coming back along with the guys he added we will be good this year, because he can coach.. but going forward I'm concerned about it. And your right the NIL is another hurdle to overcome but he will have to adjust just like every other coach will.

vCash
    Lol, calipari sucks as a recruiter too. How many stayed 4 years? lol
    Cal's players contribute before they leave; Howland's not so much!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Cal's players contribute before they leave; Howland's not so much!
    What do we define as contribute? Howland had alot of players contribute and put up good numbers but that didn't turn into wins and is why we have a new coach. His recruiting outshined his coaching

vCash
    Man some of you guys sure loved a washed up has been that could recruit decently on paper but do much of nothing when they got here. I'm ready to see what the new blood can do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Man some of you guys sure loved a washed up has been that could recruit decently on paper but do much of nothing when they got here. I'm ready to see what the new blood can do.
    I like the Jans' hire. Why do you have to trash howland to appreciate the new guy? So weird

vCash
    At the end of the day, the Ws and Ls and tourney appearances are all that matters. I’m hopeful Jans can increase both the Ws and tourneys.

vCash
    As frustrating as Howland was, he put us in a decent position to make the next step. Howland was a good hire to clean up after post Stans and Rick Ray, but there is no doubt it was time to move on. He ran a clean program for the most part except for baby spoon getting involved in JoMos tutorgate which I put the blame on Moorhead there a lot more than Howland Now we have a solid floor coach which we have lacked since Williams. I?m confident Jans can take the next step and make us a tournament team most years.