Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USC & UCLA Rumored to be Heading to B1G

vCash
    I think we end up with a Power 2 of ~24 teams each. The Big 10 takes a few more from the Pac-12 and ACC, and the SEC takes a few southern ACC schools and maybe Oklahoma State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    USC & UCLA Rumored to be Heading to B1G - https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...pac-12-big-ten

It would be interesting, but they would still suck....
    Part of the BIG 10 NIL package will be keeping the frequent flier miles? LAX to Columbus, Washington DC, Detroit, Indianapolis, Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, etc.

Greta Thunberg is going to go nuts about the carbon footprint of the Big 10's totally meaningless and forgettable softball and volleyball games. "How dare you!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I think we end up with a Power 2 of ~24 teams each. The Big 10 takes a few more from the Pac-12 and ACC, and the SEC takes a few southern ACC schools and maybe Oklahoma State
    SEC: Clemson, Fla State, Miami, Ok State, NC State, UNC, Baylor and Va Tech

Big 10: Oregon, Notre Dame, Colorado, Stanford, Washington, Boston College, Virginia and Utah

vCash
    If I am the Big 12, I would try to add Arizona, Stanford (or Cal), Washington and Oregon and be at 16. Then we would have 4 16-team super-conferences. Everybody could go to the pos system and have conference semi-final games. Big money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    If I am the Big 12, I would try to add Arizona, Stanford (or Cal), Washington and Oregon and be at 16. Then we would have 4 16-team super-conferences. Everybody could go to the pos system and have conference semi-final games. Big money.
    Yeah, they should go for something like "Pacific-Mountain" conference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    Looks like the whole thing is a POS system right now, ha!

vCash
    Official - Big 10 voted to add them.

vCash
    This is all about the Big Ten negotiating a new tv contract. This move may get them to that $1B number that is rumored.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    The ability to keep these things quiet has been astounding to me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    The ability to keep these things quiet has been astounding to me
    There are rumors that this was known by people involved with the Playoff expansion discussions and that is why they tabled the discussions.

vCash
    I absolutely hate this for college athletics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I absolutely hate this for college athletics.
    Yep being destroyed one piece at a time.

vCash
    Just older dogs like me will get this. As long as we are one of the "Harlem Globetrotters" and not none of the "Washington Generals", I can learn to adjust to change.

vCash
    So is the PAC 12 going to eventually disband?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    So is the PAC 12 going to eventually disband?
    Probably. Everybody wants out. I suspect they'll all go to the Big 10 if they can, Big 12 if they can't, and Oregon State and Washington State may have to settle for the MWC.

vCash
    Unfortunately we already are the Washington Generals for one game a year..... probably two this year.

I long for the Bama games of 80,81, 91,92, 94, 96-00. What fun heavy weight slug fest those were.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 07-01-2022 at 08:37 AM.

vCash
    if they have already applied then they knew much earlier ... it's hard to keep a secret like this and may have been part of the plan anyway
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    So.... what is the SEC next move to increase TV money above the B1G?

The only big fish out there, from a tv perspective is Notre Dame. Obviously they are aligned with the ACC for other sports and nobody for football. Will Notre Dame lose the USC rivalry with usc playing a B1G schedule?

If I'm the SEC, my next move is to go after ND. In the meantime, try to land Duke and UNC for basketball and academic reasons. Then go after Notre dame hard and mention the academic profile is being raised with Duke and UNC. I would think Duke and UNC would join the sec today if asked.

Miami and FSU are considerations. Especially Miami but I'm not familiar enough with that area of the country to know how many TV subscribers and ratings for Hurricane football. I think FSU and Clemson are in a tough spot. They can be interesting for matchup purposes but I don't think they bring in anymore TV for the SEC.

Other than those mentioned, I can't think of a school left worth poaching for the SEC.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 07-01-2022 at 08:46 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Just older dogs like me will get this. As long as we are one of the "Harlem Globetrotters" and not none of the "Washington Generals", I can learn to adjust to change.
    I'm with ya!!