Long time reader, first time poster. I will apologize in advance if I screw up the protocol. I have been following some of the NIL threads, and so I thought it would be best to try to directly provide an update on where things stand with The Bulldog Initiative.

First, we have received a number of key commitments over the past two months, with several more large individual and business commitments this week. We had a video conference with Starkville-area businesses last week, and the response to that has also been quite positive. As a result of that meeting, we are currently working with several companies to help them use NIL opportunities to promote their businesses. Their participation might or might not run through us ultimately, but that does not matter to us - we will help anyone get involved whether they are working directly with athletes or through working with us. I am also happy to do this presentation for any other business groups who may be interested.

Second, we are in what I hope are the final phases of testing on our web-based donor platform, which will allow individuals to set up an account where they can contribute monthly, quarterly, or yearly from as little as $5 per month. I expect this to be rolled out next week. If you would like to participate in the interim, you can contribute to The Bulldog Initiative, LLC, Post Office 1653, Starkville, MS 39760 or Venmo @TheBulldogInitiative. Otherwise, I will update here as soon as we go live. Right or wrong, we have been focusing on securing some larger contributions (good news - it is working), but it is time (some have said past time) to engage on the grass-roots level and to expand our outreach.

Third, we are continuing to enter agreements with student-athletes. There will be more announcements to come on that front later, but I have really enjoyed the interactions with them as we work to create some content and promote MSU and the area. Every single one of them has taken seriously the obligation to represent MSU athletics and the community in a positive light.

Fourth, I apologize for not having jumped in sooner. Quick summary of what I would have said if I did: I get frustrated (as evidenced by my podcast) by some of the mega-deals we hear about, but our contributors have already made a difference by their participation. It is like starting pitching in MLB - we always need more, but we are doing good things. There are some positive plans and details that I cannot yet share, but I can tell you unequivocally that the idea we are not in a position to make a difference or that our efforts are failing is categorically wrong. The curb appeal might need some work, but the foundation is solid. Are we outgunned by some others? Absolutely. Be we have been outgunned for most of our existence. This might go down in flames, and as some predict, we might suffer from NIL. But, screw it, let's go down fighting at least.

I know many people hate NIL - that's a long topic that could be discussed in detail; I just want to see us react to the reality that it is here until, hopefully, there is some legislation to help curtail this. Or to kill the transfer portal.

Shoot me a DM if you want to talk - I have some projects I am trying to push over the goal line but I will make whatever time that is necessary for phone calls, Zooms, etc. at night or this weekend.