Thread: Jacob Keys Decommits (Baseball)

vCash

Jacob Keys Decommits (Baseball)

Any of our in the know baseball guys know anything about this? Reasons?

vCash
    He's a good player so I don't think we dropped him, but we're bringing in two other really good freshmen catchers, and there's still a possibility Hancock comes back.

He'll probably go to USM, be the guy, and have a solid career.

vCash
    SMH
    He's a '23. Kid can rake.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 06-29-2022 at 04:21 PM.

vCash
    gonna be much competition at catcher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    He'll probably go to USM, be the guy, and have a solid career.
    And if he does, maybe he'll decide to join a contender in a couple years.**

vCash
    I see your sarcasterisks but one of USM?s best pitchers entered the portal today and he?s rumored to be either heading to LSU or Florida.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tibbons View Post
    I see your sarcasterisks but one of USM?s best pitchers entered the portal today and he?s rumored to be either heading to LSU or Florida.
    and why the heck are we NOT trying to gain Hurston Waldrep's favor? You can never have too much pitching and from our results this past season, we had MINIMAL ! Absolutely no reason we weren't putting feelers out for several of the USM players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    and why the heck are we NOT trying to gain Hurston Waldrep's favor? You can never have too much pitching and from our results this past season, we had MINIMAL ! Absolutely no reason we weren't putting feelers out for several of the USM players.
    I?m not sure if you?re new to our fanbase but we don?t have the money LSU or UF does. LSU is reportedly paying Tommy White $200k.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    If you want to donate to the Bulldog initiative, you can Venmo @TheBulldogInitiative.

If you have questions you can reach out to Charlie at 662 769 9031 or cwinfield@bulldog.ms.

I believe you can also mail checks to PO Box 1653 | Starkville, MS 39760.

10K Bulldog Baseball fans giving $20/month is 20K/month. That's 2.4MM/year. You could split $10 for baseball and $10 for Football. Whatever. The price of being a top baseball program right now is $1MM. We need to decide if we want to get there or not
    Last edited by Coach34; 06-29-2022 at 06:23 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    If you want to donate to the Bulldog initiative, you can Venmo @TheBulldogInitiative.

If you have questions you can reach out to Charlie at 662 769 9031 or cwinfield@bulldog.ms.

I believe you can also mail checks to PO Box 1653 | Starkville, MS 39760.

10K Bulldog Baseball fans giving $20/month is 20K/month. That's 2.4MM/year. You could split $10 for baseball and $10 for Football. Whatever. The price of being a top baseball program right now is $1MM. We need to decide if we want to get there or not
    We don’t. College athletics is toast. I’m going to start following the XFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tibbons View Post
    I?m not sure if you?re new to our fanbase but we don?t have the money LSU or UF does. LSU is reportedly paying Tommy White $200k.
    You're right, Patrick Tibbons -- I'm f'n new to our fanbase!!! My bulldog balls have been dragging in the dirt for over half a century now, probably long before you were onboard the Bulldog train.

I'm also well aware of how easy it is for fans AND coaches (and other MSU athletic leaders) to get complacent, especially when we still have Brackey Brett keeping us locked into playing by the 1990-2015 compliance rules that are no longer a threat to anybody in the NCAA but MSU.

Any day now I'm expecting to hear how the new Champion Rebels start using their recently found clout to start gaining the transfers that we we need to turn around one of the most dismal pitching performances State has put together on the diamond in our history.

So the short of it, Patrick Tibbons, is I'm not new to our fanbase and I'm quite aware of our financial resources.

vCash
    I?m hearing USMs catcher commit decommitted and will be coming to MSU and Keys will end up at USM.

vCash
    Who is the catcher that decommitted from southern?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlytheW3 View Post
    Who is the catcher that decommitted from southern?
    I’ve been around MSU fans long enough to know that it is very possible that he is about a year behind and is talking about Highfill.

vCash
    yes, he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    I?ve been around MSU fans long enough to know that it is very possible that he is about a year behind and is talking about Highfill.
    You?re correct. I misunderstood my source.

vCash
    USM has the backup at AL coming in to catch. He's a Sumrall kid that played at PRCC. Keys would be the starter pretty quickly at USM.