Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Some important NIL info and updates

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    We will see if the fan base thinks it’s irrelevant. Think fans rather will want this shit model changed and quick. And not sure our leadership being reluctant to wade into this cluster is something less than admirable.
    I think fans and schools everywhere want it regulated but NIL in its current format is a shitshow. And personally I think it?ll get fixed but I don?t see it happening soon or in a timely fashion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    What our fanbase thinks is really irrelevant. It what the top college teams think. Either we compete now with money or we die as a sports program. We have no choice. If you are ready to give up on college sports? So be it. Other schools are not and are ramping up money to get better
    LOL! Charlie paying you to wield a sword Coach! Just a suggestion; you may not want to discount what the fans think when you’re soliciting their hard earned money. Fans do have a choice. And to be clear, I will rail about this bag of shit with unfettered idealism until it’s fixed. At the same time, I also will find my way to my Venmo app with my paltry sum to try and help keep us afloat. So easy Tiger, we’re on the same team. But the truth remains the same.

vCash
    LOL! Charlie paying you to wield a sword Coach! Just a suggestion; you may not want to discount what the fans think when you’re soliciting their hard earned money. Fans do have a choice. And to be clear, I will rail about this bag of shit with unfettered idealism until it’s fixed. At the same time, I also will find my way to my Venmo app with my paltry sum to try and help keep us afloat. So easy Tiger, we’re on the same team. But the truth remains the same.
    No- I'm just pointing out that college sports has taken this turn whether we like it or not. I completely understand it losing some fans over this. But whether or not Joe Bulldog likes it or not- this is college sports in 2022. Either we work to stay relevant or we just become La Tech
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Wheat is poised to be a top 3 round draft pick if not top 2
    And I know he and Marks had portal offers. Our coaches had to fight to keep them. At least Marks called his coaches and let them know what was going on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'm sorry but big programs aren't lining up for many of our guys. In baseball, it's almost a non-issue completely. Forbes or someone, maybe but we probably don't have 3 a year anyone would even consider. Wheat and Marks ain't them. I'll wait til it actually happens, because it's not happening much at all so far, before claiming it's even much of an issue. And I'll be honest, we start throwing millions at kids, I'm done with it all anyway.
    Marks had offers. Was touch and go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Marks had offers. Was touch and go
    Our fans dont understand that it is the Wild West now. Our best guys are being contacted and offered to go to other schools. Marks, Wheat, Tolu was offered over 200K by LSU basketball, and baseball guys as well. If you dont think some teams have checked the temp of Hines and a few others you are oblivious to college sports in 2022.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    One more reason for me to doubt our leadership.
    I'm with you, IMJ. The days of a former coach becoming the AD (ie, Bertman at LSU, Tanner at SoCarolina) has proven to not be the wisest business decision. I can argue that having Greg Byrne followed by the cheerleader Scott Stricklin were some of our best athletic years and successes. These two were business-savvy, marketing-focused individuals that were able to resonate and appeal to all facets of the MSU family. As for JC, meh, not so much and I'm ready for him to move on fwiw. I also feel the same way with regards to Keenum.

vCash
    Do we think NIL money will give athletes significant pause about leaving early to turn pro? Are the schools tracking who has deals and how much they’re worth? And is that FOIA information?

Lots of questions surrounding all of this.

vCash
    Do we think NIL money will give athletes significant pause about leaving early to turn pro? Are the schools tracking who has deals and how much they’re worth? And is that FOIA information?

Lots of questions surrounding all of this.
    Yes the school knows who is getting what. The Coaches are working with NIL to try and secure players. Of course the AD is involved. It’s a n?w world

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    I'm with you, IMJ. The days of a former coach becoming the AD (ie, Bertman at LSU, Tanner at SoCarolina) has proven to not be the wisest business decision. I can argue that having Greg Byrne followed by the cheerleader Scott Stricklin were some of our best athletic years and successes. These two were business-savvy, marketing-focused individuals that were able to resonate and appeal to all facets of the MSU family. As for JC, meh, not so much and I'm ready for him to move on fwiw. I also feel the same way with regards to Keenum.
    Cohen has been in over his head from the beginning. Keenum is just a empty chair bureaucrat. We are a day late and many dollars short when it comes to the NIL game.

vCash
    Yes the school knows who is getting what. The Coaches are working with NIL to try and secure players. Of course the AD is involved. It’s a n?w world
    Ive spoken with some in the administration side of recruiting and literally every recruit brings up NIL and what they?ve been offered somewhere else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Cohen has been in over his head from the beginning. Keenum is just a empty chair bureaucrat. We are a day late and many dollars short when it comes to the NIL game.
    100% agree.

vCash
    https://twitter.com/sportsondirectv/...671791621?s=21

Just more evidence of where college sports are today

vCash
    Our fans dont understand that it is the Wild West now. Our best guys are being contacted and offered to go to other schools. Marks, Wheat, Tolu was offered over 200K by LSU basketball, and baseball guys as well. If you dont think some teams have checked the temp of Hines and a few others you are oblivious to college sports in 2022.
    Correct

vCash
    What our fanbase thinks is really irrelevant. It what the top college teams think. Either we compete now with money or we die as a sports program. We have no choice. If you are ready to give up on college sports? So be it. Other schools are not and are ramping up money to get better
    This is correct & it's pure Mississippi that people can't understand it.

This is the reality &, unless the fans & Starkville businesses participate, we won't have players & support will die. Also those Starkville businesses will go out of business.

Like most things Mississippi, people will eventually get on board but they'll have to learn the hard way. When "Starkville business X" gets pissed & starts asking why football attendance is so low & they can't make any money, those businesses will start to pony up.

The lack of foresight by our fan base & school is just embarrassing time & time again
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    https://twitter.com/sportsondirectv/...671791621?s=21

Just more evidence of where college sports are today
    that's incredibly depressing for me ... and there's no stopping it now and I don't expect to ever see a cap on NIL .... transfers maybe, but never on NIL
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    I will be willing to bet 98 % of teams are bitching about being behind the 8 ball on the NIL deal. We aren't alone and the sky isnt falling! We are still Ms. state and never be a powerhouse recruiter. But we are in the SEC and we will hold our own in the top 25 like always when all of this is figured out.