Thread: Some important NIL info and updates

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Ask yourself this Raw. What entities were making all the money the players wanted a piece of? Hint: it wasn’t the fan base.
    Obviously, but that?s irrelevant because the school can not pay players out of its funds so you have to have a brokered third party do it which is the Bulldog Initiative. Our problem is we?re months behind everyone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawdawg View Post
    Obviously, but that?s irrelevant because the school can not pay players out of its funds so you have to have a brokered third party do it which is the Bulldog Initiative. Our problem is we?re months behind everyone else.
    We will see if the fan base thinks it’s irrelevant. Think fans rather will want this shit model changed and quick. And not sure our leadership being reluctant to wade into this cluster is something less than admirable.

vCash
    We will see if the fan base thinks it?s irrelevant. Think fans rather will want this shit model changed and quick. And not sure our leadership being reluctant to wade into this cluster is something less than admirable.
    What our fanbase thinks is really irrelevant. It what the top college teams think. Either we compete now with money or we die as a sports program. We have no choice. If you are ready to give up on college sports? So be it. Other schools are not and are ramping up money to get better
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    What our fanbase thinks is really irrelevant. It what the top college teams think. Either we compete now with money or we die as a sports program. We have no choice. If you are ready to give up on college sports? So be it. Other schools are not and are ramping up money to get better
    LOL! Charlie paying you to wield a sword Coach! Just a suggestion; you may not want to discount what the fans think when you’re soliciting their hard earned money. Fans do have a choice. And to be clear, I will rail about this bag of shit with unfettered idealism until it’s fixed. At the same time, I also will find my way to my Venmo app with my paltry sum to try and help keep us afloat. So easy Tiger, we’re on the same team. But the truth remains the same.

vCash
    LOL! Charlie paying you to wield a sword Coach! Just a suggestion; you may not want to discount what the fans think when you’re soliciting their hard earned money. Fans do have a choice. And to be clear, I will rail about this bag of shit with unfettered idealism until it’s fixed. At the same time, I also will find my way to my Venmo app with my paltry sum to try and help keep us afloat. So easy Tiger, we’re on the same team. But the truth remains the same.
    No- I'm just pointing out that college sports has taken this turn whether we like it or not. I completely understand it losing some fans over this. But whether or not Joe Bulldog likes it or not- this is college sports in 2022. Either we work to stay relevant or we just become La Tech
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This is correct & it's pure Mississippi that people can't understand it.

This is the reality &, unless the fans & Starkville businesses participate, we won't have players & support will die. Also those Starkville businesses will go out of business.

Like most things Mississippi, people will eventually get on board but they'll have to learn the hard way. When "Starkville business X" gets pissed & starts asking why football attendance is so low & they can't make any money, those businesses will start to pony up.

The lack of foresight by our fan base & school is just embarrassing time & time again
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More