Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some important NIL info and updates

vCash

Some important NIL info and updates

Some of you have reached out to me here and in person about our NIL situation. The events of this past week and frustration of the last few months motivated me to find out what is going on. So I reached out to people that know and here is what I learned:

A) We kinda M-State'ed it up in the beginning. Instead of being proactive, getting set up, hiring someone and building an office to handle these things- we didnt do that. Kinda piecemealed it together. So it comes as no surprise to anyone we arent where we should be with it currently. We have in the last few months gotten someone that has grabbed the bull by the horns and taken this huge task on head first. We are now making some headway and getting the organization that is necessary.

B) Before long- we will have a website for people to make contributions online. You will be able to set up your own account and donate as much and as often as you wish. Annually, monthly, one-timer...whatever. Can be as big or as little as you can afford. In the meantime, there are other ways of getting your contributions where they need to go. Message me and I will help you with that info until the website is up. Or contact them directly on Twitter-

https://twitter.com/BulldogNIL?s=20&...sJRjRhRKNew9TA

C) We may not have the deep pockets other Universities have- but we do have the army. We are the people's university. Give what you can. So what you cant give 10k? 100 people giving $50 here and there add up. A Thousand people giving $100 monthly or every other month or whenever- helps the cause. It adds up. We have to be smart and do what we can.

This is from me personally-Dont be that guy that gives $250 and then wants to tell people how you want it spent. Privates have to do the heavy lifting in the army- the brass (coaches and others) decide on where resources are allocated. You give 10k? Well thats a little different. That at least gets you a listen. That's always been a problem for us in the old days- too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Be like an offensive lineman- do the lifting and enjoy your team getting the success. It's ok not to be the headline.

D) This is also my opinion- decrease your Bulldog Club donation and get some (if not most) to NIL. Our facilities in the Big 3 are where they need to be to compete. Our baseball stadium is state of the art. We upgraded in basketball. Davis-Wade is a very good venue. We need players. And now- that costs money. Get that money to NIL so we can at the very worst- remain a power in baseball.

It's a new world in college sports today- we have to keep up or become Memphis. I think eventually all this leads to the Power schools creating their own league and if we want to be part of it- we cant lag too far behind.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Pin this to the top of the damn board.

Awesome post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Some of you have reached out to me here and in person about our NIL situation. The events of this past week and frustration of the last few months motivated me to find out what is going on. So I reached out to people that know and here is what I learned:

A) We kinda M-State'ed it up in the beginning. Instead of being proactive, getting set up, hiring someone and building an office to handle these things- we didnt do that. Kinda piecemealed it together. So it comes as no surprise to anyone we arent where we should be with it currently. We have in the last few months gotten someone that has grabbed the bull by the horns and taken this huge task on head first. We are now making some headway and getting the organization that is necessary.

B) Before long- we will have a website for people to make contributions online. You will be able to set up your own account and donate as much and as often as you wish. Annually, monthly, one-timer...whatever. Can be as big or as little as you can afford. In the meantime, there are other ways of getting your contributions where they need to go. Message me and I will help you with that info until the website is up. Or contact them directly on Twitter-

C) We may not have the deep pockets other Universities have- but we do have the army. We are the people's university. Give what you can. So what you cant give 10k? 100 people giving $50 here and there add up. A Thousand people giving $100 monthly or every other month or whenever- helps the cause. It adds up. We have to be smart and do what we can.

This is from me personally-Dont be that guy that gives $250 and then wants to tell people how you want it spent. Privates have to do the heavy lifting in the army- the brass (coaches and others) decide on where resources are allocated. You give 10k? Well thats a little different. That at least gets you a listen. That's always been a problem for us in the old days- too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Be like an offensive lineman- do the lifting and enjoy your team getting the success. It's ok not to be the headline.

D) This is also my opinion- decrease your Bulldog Club donation and get some (if not most) to NIL. Our facilities in the Big 3 are where they need to be to compete. Our baseball stadium is state of the art. We upgraded in basketball. Davis-Wade is a very good venue. We need players. And now- that costs money. Get that money to NIL so we can at the very worst- remain a power in baseball.

It's a new world in college sports today- we have to keep up or become Memphis. I think eventually all this leads to the Power schools creating their own league and if we want to be part of it- we cant lag too far behind.
    i told you we have the $$$$$$$$....we have a large enough fan base to make a big showing.

vCash
    At the end of the day, we're still the poorest school with the poorest fan base. We will never overcome or even offset NIL money to the point of improvement in the conference. It really will change little. Unless NIL is regulated or eliminated, we're limited on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    At the end of the day, we're still the poorest school with the poorest fan base. We will never overcome or even offset NIL money to the point of improvement in the conference. It really will change little. Unless NIL is regulated or eliminated, we're limited on it.
    I'm still too competitive and refuse to give up- especially in baseball. I agree Football is we'll just hang on and basketball will remain spotty- but we cant let beisball go. It's the best thing at Miss State and I want that to remain until I die. Giving up is not an option so we have to rally. Can we get to 30MM like A&M for Football? Hell no. Can we get 1MM or so like LSU for beisball? Hell yeah we can- or at least close.

5,000 people giving $10/month is 50K/month and 600K per year- you dont think we can do that for beisball? **** yeah we can
    Last edited by Coach34; 06-27-2022 at 07:43 PM.

vCash
    I'm still too competitive and refuse to give up- especially in baseball. I agree Football is will just hang on and basketball will remain spotty- but we cant let beisball go. It's the best thing at Miss State and I want that to remain until I die. Giving up is not an option so we have to rally. Can we get to 30MM like A&M for Football? Hell no. Can we get 1MM or so like LSU for beisball? Hell yeah we can- or at least close.

5,000 people giving $10/month is 50K/month and 600K per year- you dont think we can do that for beisball? **** yeah we can
    Agreed.

Also, I'm happy to see your op is not harboring on the negative. Plenty of hope out there.

Good post.

vCash

Do you know where we currently stand on the amount of funds raised and what goal they are trying to reach this year?

vCash

Best post ever.

vCash
    When Charlie gets his website going, it needs to be shared on every message board and every social media platform out there.

vCash
    I'm still too competitive and refuse to give up- especially in baseball. I agree Football is we'll just hang on and basketball will remain spotty- but we cant let beisball go. It's the best thing at Miss State and I want that to remain until I die. Giving up is not an option so we have to rally. Can we get to 30MM like A&M for Football? Hell no. Can we get 1MM or so like LSU for beisball? Hell yeah we can- or at least close.

Agree 100%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksondawg View Post
    Do you know where we currently stand on the amount of funds raised and what goal they are trying to reach this year?
    No- and that really doesnt matter. We have professional people working with our staff to get funds where they will help us. We arent working NIL for holders on XP's or non-impact players. NIL is there to hold on to players we have, necessary recruits, and impact portal players. Support that

vCash
    If schools will offer $9.5MM in football, they'll offer a couple mil in baseball, at the places that care, just to pull a borderline draft guy. No matter what we do, it's impossible to compete at the money game. Doesn't matter how competitive we want to be.
    We're going to be what we are. And we aren't missing on many guys anyway. We're failing to recruit some of the right guys "because they aren't State guys". That's our biggest problem. We purposely limit ourselves with our approach anyway. Do you think a "State kid" is after big money? Nope. That's why they're "State kids". It's like we're damn Stanford, recruiting guys chasing an education. Hell, wait til you see what Vandy is about to do.
    We can't win the money game. And honestly, in baseball, it's far less important because anything can happen in baseball. See the best team in America this year. Sat at home after the super. The last damn team in won it all.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 06-27-2022 at 08:21 PM.

vCash
    If schools will offer $9.5MM in football, they'll offer a couple mil in baseball, at the places that care, just to pull a borderline draft guy.
    LSU got Tommy for 200K. We couldnt do that yet at this time really. We have to get organized and we can sustain in baseball. Most schools arent willing to do what we will there. Let's get the army organized and on the same page. As the old expression goes- "we have to all pull the rope". What choice do we have? Independently there is no chance

vCash
    If it were that simple aTm would win every game in every sport.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    If schools will offer $9.5MM in football, they'll offer a couple mil in baseball, at the places that care, just to pull a borderline draft guy. No matter what we do, it's impossible to compete at the money game. Doesn't matter how competitive we want to be.
    Incorrect.

If we get 100 BIG Dawgs to give $100k annually and we get 7,500 folks to give just $500 annually it would equal $13,750,000 annually. We would be competitive at this figure when scholarships and other funds are given to players also.

The above is very attainable.

Let?s make it happen!
    Go Dawgs!

vCash
    We're going to be what we are. And we aren't missing on many guys anyway. We're failing to recruit some of the right guys "because they aren't State guys". That's our biggest problem. We purposely limit ourselves with our approach anyway. Do you think a "State kid" is after big money? Nope. That's why they're "State kids". It's like we're damn Stanford, recruiting guys chasing an education. Hell, wait til you see what Vandy is about to do.
    We can't win the money game. And honestly, in baseball, it's far less important because anything can happen in baseball. See the best team in America this year. Sat at home after the super. The last damn team in won it all.
    It's not to be the "winner" it's to stay competitive. Keeping tyrus wheat, keeping tulu. Getting baseball guys that don't get shit in scholarship. That's a big deal. No we won't get a guy gettin a million. Correct. But not everyone needs a million either... which is sort of your point w "state" guys. Evals never have been nor ever will be perfect. Just keep working and plugging.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    Incorrect.

If we get 100 BIG Dawgs to give $100k annually and we get 7,500 folks to give just $500 annually it would equal $13,750,000 annually. We would be competitive at this figure when scholarships and other funds are given to players also.

Let?s make it happen!
    Go Dawgs!
    Like 34 said, we need to direct money away from the BD club into NIL.We can use the increasing SEC network money to keep the bills being paid, and there's no point in a nice practice field if the players aren't good. You have to get talent first and foremost.

vCash
    Asking 100 people for $100,000 a year indefinitely is attainable?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL DAWG View Post
    Incorrect.

Let?s make it happen!
    Go Dawgs!
    We can't get that many to give to the Bulldog club over our history. And our "Big Dogs" don't compare to a big dog like at Miami. Anyone that thinks we can do that are crazy.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 06-27-2022 at 09:00 PM.

vCash
    Kudos, 34. Excellent work. Everything you laid out there is spot on.