Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Some important NIL info and updates

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That's different. I can double check with Charlie but I think it's because the Bulldog Club is through MSU and MSU can't give money to NIL.

That's why NIL is through "collectives".

And honestly if it was allowed and maybe I'm wrong- the easy thing to do would be to take NIL out of our Bulldog Club donations.
    NIL and BC are separate entities and can’t be connected in any way. People have to divide their donations
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Some of you have reached out to me here and in person about our NIL situation. The events of this past week and frustration of the last few months motivated me to find out what is going on. So I reached out to people that know and here is what I learned:

A) We kinda M-State'ed it up in the beginning. Instead of being proactive, getting set up, hiring someone and building an office to handle these things- we didnt do that. Kinda piecemealed it together. So it comes as no surprise to anyone we arent where we should be with it currently. We have in the last few months gotten someone that has grabbed the bull by the horns and taken this huge task on head first. We are now making some headway and getting the organization that is necessary.

B) Before long- we will have a website for people to make contributions online. You will be able to set up your own account and donate as much and as often as you wish. Annually, monthly, one-timer...whatever. Can be as big or as little as you can afford. In the meantime, there are other ways of getting your contributions where they need to go. Message me and I will help you with that info until the website is up. Or contact them directly on Twitter-

https://twitter.com/BulldogNIL?s=20&...sJRjRhRKNew9TA

C) We may not have the deep pockets other Universities have- but we do have the army. We are the people's university. Give what you can. So what you cant give 10k? 100 people giving $50 here and there add up. A Thousand people giving $100 monthly or every other month or whenever- helps the cause. It adds up. We have to be smart and do what we can.

This is from me personally-Dont be that guy that gives $250 and then wants to tell people how you want it spent. Privates have to do the heavy lifting in the army- the brass (coaches and others) decide on where resources are allocated. You give 10k? Well thats a little different. That at least gets you a listen. That's always been a problem for us in the old days- too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Be like an offensive lineman- do the lifting and enjoy your team getting the success. It's ok not to be the headline.

D) This is also my opinion- decrease your Bulldog Club donation and get some (if not most) to NIL. Our facilities in the Big 3 are where they need to be to compete. Our baseball stadium is state of the art. We upgraded in basketball. Davis-Wade is a very good venue. We need players. And now- that costs money. Get that money to NIL so we can at the very worst- remain a power in baseball.

It's a new world in college sports today- we have to keep up or become Memphis. I think eventually all this leads to the Power schools creating their own league and if we want to be part of it- we cant lag too far behind.
    Yo, I have 1,000,000,000,000 dollars. Is that enough? HA! Seriously, let's go. This isn't complicated. Everyone needs to do what they can and it starts with everyone on this board.

vCash
    This is what our fanbase has got to understand and understand immediately. We are in the middle of the food chain. We arent the shark. Not only do we have to pay recruits and portal guys- we have to pay our own guys not to leave. Its not all of them- but it is a significant amount. You don't think other big programs want Marks? Wheat? Forbes? Tolu? Cade Smith? Hunter Hines? These guys are being offered money now to leave for the blue bloods.

This is college sports now
    Yes, and other programs will use US to help THEM recruit diamonds in the rough, or guys that may/may not produce in the SEC. Just watch. The schools will always watch MSU to see who they can pull away from us. It's time we start being proactive and doing more. Quit sitting back and being lazy! Let's move forward.

vCash
    I'm sorry but big programs aren't lining up for many of our guys. In baseball, it's almost a non-issue completely. Forbes or someone, maybe but we probably don't have 3 a year anyone would even consider. Wheat and Marks ain't them. I'll wait til it actually happens, because it's not happening much at all so far, before claiming it's even much of an issue. And I'll be honest, we start throwing millions at kids, I'm done with it all anyway.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 06-28-2022 at 07:50 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That's different. I can double check with Charlie but I think it's because the Bulldog Club is through MSU and MSU can't give money to NIL.

That's why NIL is through "collectives".

And honestly if it was allowed and maybe I'm wrong- the easy thing to do would be to take NIL out of our Bulldog Club donations.
    Unless I misunderstood what he was saying I think the OP was saying that Bulldog Club will get their money anyways from seat donations across the sport and folks need to consider whatever extra they were giving to the BDC to give it to the Bulldog Collective

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'm sorry but big programs aren't lining up for many of our guys. In baseball, it's almost a non-issue completely. Forbes or someone, maybe but we probably don't have 3-5 a year. I'll wait til iit actually happens before claiming it's even much of an issue.
    We had P5 programs try to contact athletes in all of the Big 3 sports. A couple of the offers were big and they decided to stick with us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    We had P5 programs try to contact athletes in all of the Big 3 sports. A couple of the offers were big and they decided to stick with us.
    How many left? Not a damn one. Most of our guys would be depth at best for an elite in football. They aren't leaving for that. Basketball will be the worst probably. Baseball won't happen unless you've got a kid with crazy parents or a problem here.
    End of the day, if an Elite wants a kid, we will never be able to outbid them. If it comes down to nothing but money, we will still lose them. Especially if it's a shot at a ring.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 06-28-2022 at 08:13 AM.

vCash
    Please post the verified venmo link ASAP. Get this ball rolling.

vCash
    If you want to donate to the Bulldog initiative, you can Venmo @TheBulldogInitiative.

If you have questions you can reach out to Charlie at 662 769 9031 or cwinfield@bulldog.ms.

I believe you can also mail checks to PO Box 1653 | Starkville, MS 39760.

This was copied from another board.

vCash
    Unless I misunderstood what he was saying I think the OP was saying that Bulldog Club will get their money anyways from seat donations across the sport and folks need to consider whatever extra they were giving to the BDC to give it to the Bulldog Collective
    I've raised this question before....Both football and basketeball have "seat license" fees that go to the BDC. I have wondered just how much this raises but have been unable to get an estimae. Got to be a pretty good amount.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    . This whole NIL business is going to end up with a salary cap just like MLB. That?s the only solution.
    Absolutely. College sports are already going down the shitter fast. The only way to save it is put a hard cap on all NIL deals and it needs to happen fast.

vCash
    Who is Charlie?

vCash
    Winfield. He?s the guy heading it all up.

vCash
    Is the Bulldog Initiative a nonprofit entity?

vCash
    Seemingly the argument has been that folks have been making money off these kids NILs without paying them.

And yet it seems we as fans are being asked to pick up the expense associated with those revenues?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Seemingly the argument has been that folks have been making money off these kids NILs without paying them.

And yet it seems we as fans are being asked to pick up the expense associated with those revenues?
    The only people making the money are the players. Our NIL guys are working for free
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I don't watch a whole bunch of professional sports, but what is keeping teams and owners from throwing cash under the table at free agents and trying to stay under the salary cap? Now I might be totally thinking about this the wrong way

vCash
    The only people making the money are the players. Our NIL guys are working for free
    I could see it being just the opposite, the players getting paid without actually doing anything(which i'm sure they're doing the bare minimum to make this all by the rules.)

vCash
    Yes. Thanks

vCash
    This is what our fanbase has got to understand and understand immediately. We are in the middle of the food chain. We arent the shark. Not only do we have to pay recruits and portal guys- we have to pay our own guys not to leave. Its not all of them- but it is a significant amount. You dont think other big programs want Marks? Wheat? Forbes? Tolu? Cade Smith? Hunter Hines? These guys are being offered money now to leave for the blue bloods.

This is college sports now
    Then I am just about done with it