Thread: Hurricane potential the next 10 days....i usually don't post until i get notice of

vCash

Hurricane potential the next 10 days....i usually don't post until i get notice of

deployment. But got an email to get bags packed and ready. There is a development starting 700 miles east-southeast of the
    southern Windward Islands. This has the projected path of entering the Gulf. Formation chance before entering the Gulf through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
    Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent. where it will head from there right now is only a guess.

All Dawgs keep your eyes on this one. the info i have gotten from the DOD has been very accurate the past 2 years.

GTHOM!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    deployment. But got an email to get bags packed and ready. There is a development starting 700 miles east-southeast of the
    southern Windward Islands. This has the projected path of entering the Gulf. Formation chance before entering the Gulf through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
    Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent. where it will head from there right now is only a guess.

All Dawgs keep your eyes on this one. the info i have gotten from the DOD has been very accurate the past 2 years.

GTHOM!
    I think the storm you are mentioning is likely going to hit Central America. At least that's what the majority of models and the NHC have. The one behind that one probably has a better chance to get into the gulf but still low end chances at the moment for development.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=5

vCash
    you may be right i am no meteorologist just reader of emails. i know the DOD thinks something is going to happen just getting us prepared.

vCash
    Yeah, the high odds one is looking to bitch slap (it's a technical term) Nicaragua. This big damn ridge of high pressure that's had us baking should keep it from turning north.

vCash
    I'll be at the beach. Fun in the sun, Hurricane party, whatever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Yeah, the high odds one is looking to bitch slap (it's a technical term) Nicaragua. This big damn ridge of high pressure that's had us baking should keep it from turning north.
    I am not going to Nicaragua....screw them

vCash
    Official track of the tropical wave with the best chance of being a named system takes into southern Nicaragua as a minimal hurricane. The one to watch is coming in behind it and may take a more northwesterly track bringing it into the Gulf of Mexico. Currently only a 20% chance of development over the next 5 days so nothing to be concerned about yet. But it needs to be noted that Gulf water temps are running above normal and in the mid 80's to low 90's. So if a tropical disturbance can get over that sauna-like water in a conducive environment then it could intensify quickly. Just something to remember as our tropical season unfolds. And a reminder we are in the very early stages of hurricane season. It doesn't peak until around September 10th so still a long ways to go.

vCash
    If it hits the gulf gas will be 7-8 per gallon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    If it hits the gulf gas will be 7-8 per gallon
    That's my biggest fear.

vCash
    I have reservations for the Destin area the week of July 11. Bet the house the 2nd one develops and comes through.

Gloom despair and agony on me....if it wasn't for bad luck ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I have reservations for the Destin area the week of July 11. Bet the house the 2nd one develops and comes through.

I recognize those lyrics ... wonder how many others on here do
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Official track of the tropical wave with the best chance of being a named system takes into southern Nicaragua as a minimal hurricane. The one to watch is coming in behind it and may take a more northwesterly track bringing it into the Gulf of Mexico. Currently only a 20% chance of development over the next 5 days so nothing to be concerned about yet. But it needs to be noted that Gulf water temps are running above normal and in the mid 80's to low 90's. So if a tropical disturbance can get over that sauna-like water in a conducive environment then it could intensify quickly. Just something to remember as our tropical season unfolds. And a reminder we are in the very early stages of hurricane season. It doesn't peak until around September 10th so still a long ways to go.

So the warm water helps push it away but it it does get over it, that fuels it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    So the warm water helps push it away but it it does get over it, that fuels it?
    Water temp has nothing to do with the track. That's controlled by other high and low pressure system. But if a tropical system does move over extremely warm water like the gulf has and the upper air environment is conducive for strengthening then it could intensify quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I recognize those lyrics ... wonder how many others on here do
    Lol. I sing it all the time!! Great times. When we could all laugh at each other.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post

I’ll be in Destin from the 14-20
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Leaving Thursday for a week on Jost Van Dyke, British Virgin Islands. That 2nd storm has me a little concerned. What are the experts thoughts? Are we in the clear? Thanks in advance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigedawg View Post
    Leaving Thursday for a week on Jost Van Dyke, British Virgin Islands. That 2nd storm has me a little concerned. What are the experts thoughts? Are we in the clear? Thanks in advance.
    As of right now wouldn't be worried for any more than some rain. If it develops it will be slow to do so.

vCash
    Thanks for the info! I can deal with a little rain. Nothing a painkiller or 6 can't remedy.