Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We'll be improved, but OM will be much better
    Hard to think we could be worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    It has been proven that Lemo can coach a very talented roster to a championship. Now we get to find out if he can build a championship roster. I think he can.
    ^^^^^^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Mother of God. Chill the **** out.
    Haha Im quite chill. And didnt say it out of response from today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    He built the roster at Louisville and our next classes are filled with dang good players and this years signing class pretty dang good too. Let's see how it goes.
    I haven't kept up but how is the portal going in bringing in players?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Easy to build a roster at Louisville when you are one of the 2 to 3 teams in your conference to care about baseball.
    He recruited elite players to Louisville from all over the country has nothing to do with the conference. He's recruiting top 10 classes here. I get that you don't like him or the staff and I know everyone's sore om won but let's just see what happens in the coming year. I'm sure if we suck again next year changes will be made to staff but we'll just have to wait and see.

vCash
    Jesus dude

vCash
    Well having an AA SS and Friday night guy is a great starting point. Who are our bedrocks? Hines looks great, but I would prefer a position like SS
    Well we've got a Friday night starter and Hines and Clark as at least a starting point too, and let's see who comes back because if we get several back who could we've got a solid lineup. Arms will be key next year

vCash
    What did Canni do differently to recruit so well when he was here?

vCash
    He recruited elite players to Louisville from all over the country has nothing to do with the conference. He's recruiting top 10 classes here. I get that you don't like him or the staff and I know everyone's sore om won but let's just see what happens in the coming year. I'm sure if we suck again next year changes will be made to staff but we'll just have to wait and see.
    Here's my problem with our staff right now. I don't think Foxhall is the answer and we can and should do better than him. So, why not cut him loose? And here I go answering my own question- because we won a National Championship with him and he deserves to have a chance to fix it. So, I get it but I also don't think it's the best or right thing for MSU.

Quote Originally Posted by ImissCityBagel View Post
    Cann recruited a lot of the players last year AND this year.

He had a lot of MLB and scouting connections which allowed him to evaluate the best players we could get through the MLB draft. In other words it was less of a guessing game for us.

We need someone on staff with those kinds of connections again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImissCityBagel View Post
    Energetic personality, went out and marketed our program every chance he got, played at the highest level so he knew what it took to get there. That is just a few, there are obviously tons more.

vCash
    I am not trying to be too pessimistic but who has he recruited here(his recruits not Cann) that have panned out. It seems like most every class is only Cann guys. So who has he actually recruited, outside of Bednar, that got playing time.

vCash
    Better? How can you be better than NC? They will not be better, they will lose a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Better? How can you be better than NC? They will not be better, they will lose a lot.
    Better than us, not better than 2022 rebels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I am not trying to be too pessimistic but who has he recruited here(his recruits not Cann) that have panned out. It seems like most every class is only Cann guys. So who has he actually recruited, outside of Bednar, that got playing time.
    Hunter Hines.

That's the thing though. He hasn't really had time to get his players in yet. So unless we're counting JUCO's, transfers and a few others that's all we really have to go off of at this point.

vCash
    Meanwhile the portal is still crickets for us...
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    OM loses all their big hitters and a couple pen guys. They won't hit it as well, but their pitching should be good.
    Us? Well, if we don't get some pitching and have some hitters step up, we're going to be pretty bad and you'll see Lemonis cut loose the staff. This staff has not done a great job recruiting players or developing pitching.
    Not much stepping up past year. Better have some impact freshmen or portal sensations ( and more than one as in last two years).

vCash
    Well we've got a Friday night starter and Hines and Clark as at least a starting point too, and let's see who comes back because if we get several back who could we've got a solid lineup. Arms will be key next year
    Always respect and enjoy your insight, but if several do return that didn't step up this past year, can it happen in 2023? Looks like a big rebuild and need alpha dogs big time. Any injured pitchers be back or still draft bound?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    It has been proven that Lemo can coach a very talented roster to a championship. Now we get to find out if he can build a championship roster. I think he can.
    That lineup was not very talented and we way over achieved last year. We had two alpha's and a bunch of rag tags.

Our ace went south & had a few guys step up & the young guys got some clutch hits. That was the 15th best MSU team talent wise Ive seen, IF that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Meanwhile the portal is still crickets for us...
    And herein lies a big issue.

vCash
    And OU had a losing record last year so who the hell knows. It's now football season. We can worry about baseball later.