Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
Cann recruited nobody off of the team that one it other than Tanner. Cann is the guy that recruited most of these guys. Lens problem is he didn't punt a lot of canns recruits. He honored all of them. He's living w that mistake
That's why I have to absolutely laugh when people say that they want him back. Yes, he is part of the reason we won a championship. He's also part of the reason we had to pay the piper this year. There's a reason Cohen fired him when he did. And why he can't get a job at Eastern Kentucky or New Mexico State. His messing around may have also cost us a title in 2019 arguably. I'm happy we at least got the one. And we're pretty fortunate we didn't have to pay the piper until this year. When you're distracted like he was you're not going to be focused on recruiting either. Heck- he wasn't even focused on who if anyone was in the bullpen. I heard the story about him trying to make a pitching change at USM and we didn't even have anyone warming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
Yeah part of the reason they won this year was because they were an old team. Heck some of those guys been there so long they're drawing social security.
And apparently part of the reason some of them came back was because we won last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
I don't know why folks can't understand this.
See my response to Homedawg. I'm just not computer savvy enough to organize this in a coherent form.

Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
This exactly. We should have done what Johnson is doing at LSU and wiped the slate clean when he started.

On a side note, we actually don?t look as bad as y?all think. I think we will be solid. Y?all wanna bitch and complain, but we are a bullpen away from making noise this year. We took 2/4 from OM, 2/3 from Bama, 2/3 from Auburn, and won 1 at Ark which we haven?t done in years. Plus We beat Texas Tech 1/2. We were 5-4 against CWS participants without a bullpen and truly only 1 starter.

Now onto the draft. The only real loss I?m seeing is Jett Williams. He is gone from what I?m hearing. The kid who is a switch pitcher was suppose to be on campus early, and a lot of scouts are iffy on him. Dakota Jordan will
Be here baring some miracle. We have a couple really good juco pitchers coming in plus the 2 or 3 we have picked up in the portal already. There was also a kid on campus who damn near came straight from Omaha for a visit. We are still in with the Air Force kid and also the Stetson kid. Some of y?all need to relax and let it play out. Our lineup actually looks pretty good as long as nothing crazy happens in the draft. I don?t think Kam will be drafted high enough to go nor will Clark. If that?s the case, we are looking at this?

1b Hinse
2B transfer
3b Alford (having a good summer)
SS Forsythe
LF Dakota Jordan (barring something crazy happening)
CF Ledbetter
RF Clark

I can get behind that outfield. It is ALOT better defensively than last year. We need to pick up a good 2B in the portal or someone is gonna have to step up?
Not only that but Nate Dohm looked good in summer ball last night and there is a good chance we get Colby Holcombe in. KC Hunt has looked good. Fristoe's first Cape outing was rough however. Add in Landon Gartman and Pico and I think we are off to good start with our pitching staff. We need more but we have time and I know we're working hard to fix it. I'm guessing we're still looking to get 3-4 more pitchers and around 2-3 more position players pending what Luke Hancock decides to do. Probably an OF and DH and maybe a second baseman. Still have work to do but we also have time to do it.