Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
OM winning a baseball NC definitely says to me that it is not as difficult to accomplish than I once believed. With the new format, of only playing only 3 different teams in OMAHA, you just need a good matchup to make a run.

With that said, I'll always cherish MSU baseballs NC. But.... I now definitely feel like State should have more NCs and can win more in the future with this cws format.
I agree. We're seeing a shift in college baseball the past few years. The SEC is going to dominate. Actually is already. Most SEC teams are going to get titles the next 10-20 years. We're about to have major scholarship advantages as a league and with the portal the best players are going to leave the PAC 12 to the SEC. It's already happening. I think we'll get our share too. Maybe Florida State gets one with Link at some point. Outside of that I can't see anyone getting one now that Texas will be joining the SEC as well. Maybe Clemson or Georgia Tech if they play their cards right?

Mid majors aren't even making it to Omaha anymore. Cal State Fullerton was the last one to make it in 2017. The last time a mid major won a game in Omaha was Coastal Carolina. USM may think they are in a good spot- but they really aren't.

The key is getting elite pitching more than anything. If we do that we'll be right back.