Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss with literally the easiest CWS schedule ever...

vCash

Ole Miss with literally the easiest CWS schedule ever...

If OM wins the CWS, OM will be the first baseball national champion to not have beaten a top 8 seed in the CWS.

In the 2022 CWS OM has played only one game against any seed, the #14 seed. (Only 8 teams were seeded until recently).

Only 3 other teams have even reached the CWS finals without beating a top 8 seed, but all 3 faced a top 8 seed in the finals.

So 2022 OM has literally the easiest CWS schedule ever.

Also, the 2022 CWS overall has the second weakest set of teams (4 #1 NCAA regional seeds, 3 #2 regional seeds, and 1 #3 regional seed) since the Super Regional format started (the 2007 CWS had 3/3/2).
    Last edited by MedDawg; 06-25-2022 at 11:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    If OM wins the CWS, OM will be the first baseball national champion to not have beaten a top 8 seed in the CWS.

In the 2022 CWS OM has played only one game against any seed, the #14 seed. (Only 8 teams were seeded until recently).

Only 3 other teams have even reached the CWS finals without beating a top 8 seed, but all 3 faced a top 8 seed in the finals.

So 2022 OM has literally the easiest CWS schedule ever.

Also, the 2022 CWS overall has the second weakest set of teams (4 #1 NCAA regional seeds, 3 #2 regional seeds, and 1 #3 regional seed) since the Super Regional format started (the 2007 CWS had 3/3/2).
    Nice work MedDawg. We knew they had a easy row but you gave Bulldog nation some nice talking points for Monday morning. Congrats OM will be NC but you got a gift too. The OM way and MSU gets one the hard way. Just the DNA of both schools.

vCash
    And how many national seeds did MSU beat in CWS? Beat TX twice, Vandy twice, Virginia?

vCash
    Doesn't matter because in months ahead I doubt anyone remembers who they beat except Ole Dixie fans.

I guess I am in the minority about TSUN winning a Natty, I could care less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    And how many national seeds did MSU beat in CWS? Beat TX twice, Vandy twice, Virginia?
    In the 2021 CWS State beat #2 national seed Texas twice and beat #4 national seed Vandy twice.

vCash
    We played 2 national seeds in Omaha last year in number 2 Texas, number 3 Vandy, and Virginia was 3 seed. Ole Miss has played number 14 Auburn, a 2 seed in Arkansas 3 times, and a 2 seed Oklahoma at least two times.

Now take a closer look at those matchups. That Auburn team, the same Auburn team we took 2 of 3 from and should have swept, is a very home run reliant team. Which you cannot be in Omaha. Massive advantage Ole Miss even before you factor in Delucia.

Arkansas should have handled OM and I still do not understand DVH not starting Hagan Smith game 2. That cost them the series, because OM always knew they would be able to go back to Delucia.

And now you have an Oklahoma team that is used to playing in front of 2,700 and they are playing in front of 27,000. It is a recipe for exactly what we saw last night: passed balls, errors, and missed pitches.

I say all that to say this, yea Ole Miss still had to win those games, but it seems like every break they needed has broken EXACTLY their way.

vCash
    bUt We RiG tHe BrAcKeTs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Doesn't matter because in months ahead I doubt anyone remembers who they beat except Ole Dixie fans.

I guess I am in the minority about TSUN winning a Natty, I could care less.
    I would care a lot more if we didn?t win it last year. It doesn?t give them a leg up it just ties us

vCash
    Ties us in one category. As you know, we have more cws, supers and regional appearances.

vCash
    Losses today and tomorrow will forever rank them with the Jean Van de Veldes of history. Hope is alive.

vCash
    They still had to go to someone else’s regional, someone else’s super and then be the visiting team for the championship series.

Damn impressive regardless of who they’ve had to play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    They still had to go to someone else’s regional, someone else’s super and then be the visiting team for the championship series.

Damn impressive regardless of who they’ve had to play.
    Miami. I could be wrong, but it seems like Miami doesn’t even make it out of regionals over the last 10 years. Baseball across the board seems to be down this year, whether because of the covid backlog, top teams losing their aces to injury, or whatever. Tenn seemed like the only true powerhouse this year and they sputtered at the end and didn’t make it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Tenn seemed like the only true powerhouse this year and they sputtered at the end and didn’t make it.
    UM better thank their lucky stars for ND and Link Jarrett.

vCash
    I mean, if this consoles you. You do you I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Miami. I could be wrong, but it seems like Miami doesn’t even make it out of regionals over the last 10 years. Baseball across the board seems to be down this year, whether because of the covid backlog, top teams losing their aces to injury, or whatever. Tenn seemed like the only true powerhouse this year and they sputtered at the end and didn’t make it.
    Yeah I think several factors just depleted many programs this year. Fact reveals that the field was weak as it has ever been. OM still had to win it and they did but they got a gift. I mean last 4 in and that team wins it? Can you imagine that happening in basketball? Ark is the team that has to feel bad, they had a real chance this year but just choked it away again.

vCash

What this says to me is that its our own fault for not making it to Omaha

We showed we could play with OM and auburn. We clearly had momentum coming out of the series in Oxford.
    We didn?t nut up and make the CWS, which was set up this year for a less talented team to win. OM did.
    We fell apart down the stretch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    We showed we could play with OM and auburn. We clearly had momentum coming out of the series in Oxford.
    We didn?t nut up and make the CWS, which was set up this year for a less talented team to win. OM did.
    We fell apart down the stretch.
    This is true. We had the momentum coming out of that weekend but when we faced Delucia in the gov cup OM took it back. We fell apart and they found a couple of pitchers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    This is true. We had the momentum coming out of that weekend but when we faced Delucia in the gov cup OM took it back. We fell apart and they found a couple of pitchers.
    We did fall apart after the Governors cup, but Delucia didn't pitch against us in that game. It was Mcdaniel, Nichols and Johnson. Delucia pitch the first game in oxford against us that we lost 4-2

vCash
    This will only make the rivalry that much richer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    This will only make the rivalry that much richer.
    When we play them in Starkville next year it's going to be nuts.