Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hard Truths for Us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Yep. But we dropped $60M+ on a baseball stadium.
    So, the dawgs will get swept in a fine new stadium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    So, the dawgs will get swept in a fine new stadium.
    Does anyone expect next seasons MSU baseball team to be any better than this past season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    3. We have an elite baseball program with national prominence.
    And guess who just joined us....

vCash
    I think we can win a football natty... It will probably be post-saban.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Does anyone expect next seasons MSU baseball team to be any better than this past season?
    Yes. You must be fun at parties. I'm shocked somehow you didn't butch about cohen in this particular post so congrats. But yeah we'll figure it out. And quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImissCityBagel View Post
    That's not reality. Just not. Not even close. Bash me all you want. Now going to the playoff w 12 teams isn't impossible but it's at least "possible". But winning a ship ain't happening. Just isn't.

vCash

Two of the four teams in the country to win

Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    1. I had suspicions of this after the 1999 season. Lose at Bama and Arkansas after being undefeated. 2014 was a straight punch to the nose confirmation.

2. We had a helluva run with Williams and Stans. They maximized the program's potential. Maybe Jan can achieve what they did. Maybe.

3. Boom! Spot on! I don't care what colonel sanders does this weekend. State still
    Has the best baseball program in state.
    at least 40 games in each of the last four seasons reside in Mississippi. One is in Hattiesburg and the other is in Oxford.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FoggyBottom View Post
    at least 40 games in each of the last four seasons reside in Mississippi. One is in Hattiesburg and the other is in Oxford.
    One of 3 schools have been to Omaha 3 of the last 4 trips. One has a ship at this point. But carry on pal

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    And guess who just joined us....
    So what.

vCash
    Some of you mother17ers have more issues than a Foxhall pitching staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Some of you mother17ers have more issues than a Foxhall pitching staff.
    Is this reverse-psychology method of convincing yourself this doesn't matter, lol?

vCash
    Bottom line folks, is it will take more money now to compete than in the past. If you sit back and don't offer enough money the good players will go elsewhere. That is the cold hard facts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    That's not reality. Just not. Not even close. Bash me all you want. Now going to the playoff w 12 teams isn't impossible but it's at least "possible". But winning a ship ain't happening. Just isn't.
    Why? Because we aren't a blue blood brand? Look at Tennessee or Nebraska. We live in a rich recruiting region, the QB of the Dallas Cowboys happens to be an alum, have SEC privilege, and have been able to beat your LSUs/Barns/Michigan's/TAMUs, and look at Cincinnati.

There other are schools that would kill to be where we are.
    Last edited by ImissCityBagel; 06-26-2022 at 09:34 AM.

vCash
    Because we can't recruit elite enough talent. That's why. When you finish 25th in the country and that gets you 11/12th in the league you haven't made up any ground. We will never consistently recruit well enough to get there. My opinion. I'll gladly welcome us to prove me wrong.

vCash
    Because we can't recruit elite enough talent. That's why. When you finish 25th in the country and that gets you 11/12th in the league you haven't made up any ground. We will never consistently recruit well enough to get there. My opinion. I'll gladly welcome us to prove me wrong.
    I'm with you 100%. We can make a 12 team playoff from time to time but that's about it. That's not a terrible thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Is this reverse-psychology method of convincing yourself this doesn't matter, lol?
    I'm not nearly as concern as some of the people that post here. Shit happens
    Too many State fans seem to enjoy being miserable. When have we ever had a chance to win a national championship in football? 2014? Hell, we lost 3 games. It was fun, but was never going to end holding the trophy. Our athletics have never been great. Nothing has changed in that respect.
    And guess what. Our Natty last year is still just as relevant as it's ever been, no matter what OM does today or tomorrow.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 06-26-2022 at 10:12 AM.

vCash
    Some of y'all losing your minds over what he said, but he's not wrong. We will never win a national championship in football. Especially not now. We don't recruit well enough and we sure as hell won't now with NIL. Get a grip people.

His basketball expectations are fine.

He's correct that baseball will be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImissCityBagel View Post
    how far into infinity before you think this will happen ?

vCash
    We don?t recruit elite talent because we don?t want to spend the money to do it. We underfund and understaff our Football recruiting. We actually overachieve considering what effort we put in it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Sooo, you're saying there's a chance.......
    Things change. Army used to be a dominant football team. They won national championships. Harvard, Princeton, Penn and Yale once combined to win 31 consecutive national championships. Things change.