Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Billy Napier writes a letter apologizing to gators fans for, recruiting

vCash

Billy Napier writes a letter apologizing to gators fans for, recruiting

Post because I and a lot of other fans wanted Napier all way back in 2017.

Billy Napier writes a letter apologizing to gators fans for, recruiting

After a perceived disastrous day on the recruiting trail, Florida Gators head coach Billy Napier penned an open letter to Gator Nation. The letter will also be sent to boosters and season ticket holders, as well as appear in the Sunday edition of the Gainesville Sun.

One of the top uncommitted prospects in the country is quarterback Jaden Rashada. The talented passer took an official visit to Florida and the Gators were trending to land his signature. Rashada was scheduled to announce his college commitment on June 18, following an official visit to Florida. He pushed that date back and took an official visit to Miami.

One thing we have learned in the past six months is that Gators are resilient and passionate. In all kinds of weather.

I can assure you that no one has higher expectations for what we want to accomplish than me.

This will be a team effort. All of us, no matter what our role is, can make a positive impact in the success of our program. From our students cheering their loudest on Saturdays at The Swamp, to our boosters, alumni and everyday fans: We all must have a championship approach in all that we do.

You are part of this team, and we can't wait to see you at The Swamp this fall as we embark on the journey to our new future.
    https://www.on3.com/teams/florida-ga...o-gators-fans/

Um...a tough look IMO.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 06-24-2022 at 03:13 PM.

vCash
    I've never understand the love for him. Meh....

vCash
    If he is already reacting to recruiting whims and booster pressure like this, he won't last any longer than Mullen, Sharkf***er, or Boom did.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    If he is already reacting to recruiting whims and booster pressure like this, he won't last any longer than Mullen, Sharkf***er, or Boom did.
    TBO after Mullen had them in Atlanta and with a heisman worthy QB.....to be thrown under the bus...why would he want to coach there? That is a place that no coach enjoys being at.

vCash
    Jeez, he sounds like a fired coach already.

vCash
    Talk about a fan base being mentally owned by their rival. Georgia gets a ton of positive pub for their recruiting, which obviously led to a championship, so Florida fans are obsessed with recruiting. Fired their coach over it since he was "only" in the top 10-12 instead of the top 5.

vCash
    Never apologize. It's a sign of weakness.

vCash
    sounds like a smokescreen to me 🤷*♀️

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Never apologize. It's a sign of weakness.
    Amen Cooterpoot!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Stare View Post
    sounds like a smokescreen to me ��*♀️
    ^^^^^^Would certainly know a lot about that.

vCash
    I wonder if it is a shot to the booster like Saban just did. Little Nicky doesn't like getting outbid and he let the alumni and fans know it in a back handed kind of way. Napier using the same tactic since he learned under Saban.

vCash
    Napier was not even the best coach in the Sun Belt. That honor goes to Chadwell. He benefitted from Huds recruiting and raw talent which was higher than the other Sun Belt schools. I think he will have similar 8-4 and 9-3 seasons at Florida that Mullen had. They basically just hired a younger Dan

vCash
    Since you're on here, how we doing on Tommy Tanks now? Lol

vCash
    If anyone in this thread would know, it's you. I mean, you are the all seeing, all knowing master of all things with Napier.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Florida is a good payday for coaches that don't have anything to lose. Sharkboner and Boom were bad, but Mullen had them up trending for a long time. Georgia was unbeatable that year...most universities would reflect on that and understand. But for every Mullen there is a knee jerk Frost, Herman, Heupel, Nutt. Florida was spoiled with ball coach and Tebow but the game has changed.
    Tennessee and Florida are two places that most coaches would avoid no matter the price for this reason.

vCash
    Sounds like he knows he is about to have a bad team for the next 2 seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Jeez, he sounds like a fired coach already.
    Yep, wrong approach. F these spoiled rotten little *itch gator fans. They are like UCLA basketball fans, they fire their coach every two years and destroy their own program. No one will be given a chance to build there.

vCash
    Napier will get his millions to go away just like Mullen did. Get thru the 3-4 years and then enjoy being set for life with the 10-15million they pay you not to come to work.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Napier was a terrible hire. It actually blows my mind that they passed on Kiffin. Maybe he was asking too much for Florida to afford.

vCash
    Napier ain't gonna last long in Gator land.