Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 17 the rebs quit obsessing this is what we got to look forward too.........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cowbell again.
    Thank you sir

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    MSU Baseball needs to sink or swim. Enough has been invested in it.
    We need to pour every dime we have into baseball. It's the only sport we can win multiple National Championships in and 99% of State fans love MSU baseball.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    We need to pour every dime we have into baseball. It's the only sport we can win multiple National Championships in and 99% of State fans love MSU baseball.
    How about No

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I love State baseball, but this would be a terrible financial decision.

Also WAY more than 1% of all "State fans" don't give a rip about baseball, much less don't love it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post

10 win season coming HAILSTATE!
    I hope you're right about 10 wins. I just don't see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    I love State baseball, but this would be a terrible financial decision.

Also WAY more than 1% of all "State fans" don't give a rip about baseball, much less don't love it.
    It's called ROI. "Return on Investment"

We have shown ROI in baseball in the form of a national championship.

We have the "potential" to show a good ROI in basketball, because I think Chris Jans was a good hire.

We are SO behind the curve in the pecking order of competitive SEC football that we may never have an opportunity for a good ROI in football, which I understand is King in a lot of fans' eyes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    How about No
    Football pays the bills even when we perform like the Washington Generals. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post

We have the "potential" to show a good ROI in basketball, because I think Chris Jans was a good hire.

We are SO behind the curve in the pecking order of competitive SEC football that we may never have an opportunity for a good ROI in football, which I understand is King in a lot of fans' eyes.
    Does baseball make enough to even pay its bills? Football ROI pays virtually all bills, along with SEC check. Most colleges in the country and their fans couldn't care less about their baseball programs, SEC very big exception, Thanks Ron Polk for brings attention and growth. Glad we have a good program. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post

I said financial decision and you're talking about trophies. Dumping everything we can into baseball and by implication short changing football results in a much worse financial ROI.

Football success drives donations and overall fandom for Mississippi State athletics. Vandy has a great baseball program but they suck ass in football so their overall fan support suffers. We have a much longer baseball history than they do, but eventually the same effect would happen should we just let football die on the vine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverCityDawg View Post
    I said financial decision and you're talking about trophies. Dumping everything we can into baseball and by implication short changing football results in a much worse financial ROI.

Football success drives donations and overall fandom for Mississippi State athletics. Vandy has a great baseball program but they suck ass in football so their overall fan support suffers. We have a much longer baseball history than they do, but eventually the same effect would happen should we just let football die on the vine.
    ^^^^^THIS^^^^^^
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We'll know by 2024 if we were able to build in baseball. There is a huge gap because of the recruiting cycles and we aren't going to really see the benefits until 2024. I'm expecting next years team to be a better version of 2011.
    We had grinders in Parks, Vickerson, Routt, Reed, and a freshman CT in 2011. We need one of each of those players on next years team.