Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arch is a Longhorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    The Manning Brand is bigger than the OM brand. This move grows their brand more than it would if he was headed to Oxford
    Yep and with Texas coming to the SEC it will only get bigger. The first Texas game with Archie and Cooper both wearing burnt orange is gonna drive them crazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I guess the Manning's aren't concerned with Sarks past or his future.

But I knew he wasn't going to Bama because... 1. He will have competition and have to win the job. 2. Play and Beat OM every year.
    Maybe, but didn't TX join the SEC? He ain't getting away from OM showdown somewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Msujd164 View Post
    Just committed.
    Never heard of him.

vCash
    This surprised absolutely no one outside of Oxford. He was never going to ole miss. Texas has been the distant front runner from the beginning. Georgia was most likely option number two.

vCash
    I said it from the beginning. The Mannings are looking at the biggest "market" in college football. UT has more money than everybody else and it spreads the "brand" out to Texas.

vCash
    So what do they do with their million dollar signee Ewers ? Maybe he is planning to go pro after one year ? Take the NiL money and transfer for another payday after one year ?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Excellent! Rep Given!
    Hating Texsa just comes natural to me.

So Glad that Arch went there. Works out perfectly. He'll sit his freshman year. Then start his sophomore year. Texsa will go 6-6 at best and they'll realize he's not their savior. They'll run him out of town to OM. OM will start him that next year and he'll still suck because he's not actually any good. And then they're stuck with him for two more years because no way can they tell a legacy to leave.

Kid is overhyped to all hell and is gonna bust. Hard. And will take out two schools I hate + prevents OM from getting a recruiting bump for him initially going there. It's beautiful.

vCash
    I think he will be very talented. The thing I noticed about Eli (The oxford rocker) was his ability to throw the ball away to save sacks. He was taught and taught well. That and a tight end catching a very horribly thrown ball and refs not calling three holding calls on said play gave him the first super bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    I think he will be very talented. The thing I noticed about Eli (The oxford rocker) was his ability to throw the ball away to save sacks. He was taught and taught well. That and a tight end catching a very horribly thrown ball and refs not calling three holding calls on said play gave him the first super bowl.
    He looks just like Archie, he is good running the ball and a very polished passer. Some of the same things Josh Allen brings but will be much better throwing the ball IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    So what do they do with their million dollar signee Ewers ? Maybe he is planning to go pro after one year ? Take the NiL money and transfer for another payday after one year ?
    This is the big question. If Ewers pans out there will be a problem in Austin. Arch may actually hit the portal.

vCash
    I think Arch will be drafted #1 overall in the NFL. I don’t think he is overhyped. We will see what Texas can put around him. But if anything can change their culture of underachieving, this move is the start.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    This is the big question. If Ewers pans out there will be a problem in Austin. Arch may actually hit the portal.
    Why? Ewers year 3 is Arch year 1. The Mannings want Arch to sit year 1. You gain nothing in draft stock as a freshman and only serve to hurt yourself.

vCash
    Wait a minute. He told that blonde in bed that he was going to Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Hating Texsa just comes natural to me.

So Glad that Arch went there. Works out perfectly. He'll sit his freshman year. Then start his sophomore year. Texsa will go 6-6 at best and they'll realize he's not their savior. They'll run him out of town to OM. OM will start him that next year and he'll still suck because he's not actually any good. And then they're stuck with him for two more years because no way can they tell a legacy to leave.

Kid is overhyped to all hell and is gonna bust. Hard. And will take out two schools I hate + prevents OM from getting a recruiting bump for him initially going there. It's beautiful.
    How good can you be playing for a private school in New Orleans?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    You would assume that he has had a lot of family coaching his entire life !!!!!

vCash
    del
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 06-30-2022 at 07:41 AM.

vCash
    Same school that Eli and Peyton went to

vCash
    Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Odell Beckham Jr, Tyrann Matthieu, and Leonard Fournette just to name a few.
    Last edited by somebodyshotmypaw; 06-29-2022 at 08:50 PM.

vCash
    The Catholic League in NOLA is pretty strong. Newman where he plays isn't really catholic I don't believe.

Archbishop Rummel, Brother Martin, Jesuit, Holy Cross, De La Salle, and St. Augustine have all had their moments. We got Brule and Damien Williams from Rummel, Will Clark from Jesuit, and Leonard Fournette from St. Aug.

There isn't really a dominant "South Panola" team at the moment. But Rummel has been very good. John Curtis is a football mill in NOLA though. They're Southern Baptist I believe.