Thread: Anyone been watching the SEC Football History in SECN?

vCash

Anyone been watching the SEC Football History in SECN?

I've only caught pieces of it.

I think they covered MSU in the 40s. Just watching the 90s part. I missed the first part of the 90s. Not sure if they even mentioned JWS and MSU but they should have. UF, Bama, UT and then MSU were some of the notable teams in the 90s.

They covered UT 98 and didn't even mention the SEC title game with MSU.

I wonder if MSU will get any air time with Mullen in the 2000s?

vCash
    You mean the "bama network"? Seldom watch it unless MSU sports is shown. Thanks for the heads up. Watching now. Very few people realize how many teams the "great" Lou Holtz coached that went on probation after he left their employ.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 08-28-2022 at 08:12 PM.

vCash
    Cool start to the 2000 episode - the first football game after 911 at Starkville. I was there that Thursday night and it was awesome except for the loss against USC.

vCash
    Oh my now they show USC and the 2000 game on the fade over Kendall Roberson who had him covered but wasn't looking. Plenty of MSU pain on what little I've seen.

They showed the imaculate deflection kick miss in egg bowl earlier.

Surely MSU gets something other than being the Washington Generals of the SEC?

vCash
    Watching and I'm sure they cover Croom being hired.

Really curious if they mention Mullen and our #1 rating, might be on series 8.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Oh my now they show USC and the 2000 game on the fade over Kendall Roberson who had him covered but wasn't looking. Plenty of MSU pain on what little I've seen.

Yeah, fixing to change it back to "Coliseum" on the History Channel!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by memsu06 View Post
    Watching and I'm sure they cover Croom being hired.

Really curious if they mention Mullen and our #1 rating, might be on series 8.
    Yeah me too. That has to be in that segment.

I knew they would cover the Croom era.

vCash
    Well they did cover 2014.

Mullen why the hell weren't you more prepared for Ole Miss?

We probably wouldn't have made it all the way to the playoff, but damn that could have been a special season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by memsu06 View Post
    Well they did cover 2014.

Mullen why the hell weren't you more prepared for Ole Miss?

We probably wouldn't have made it all the way to the playoff, but damn that could have been a special season.
    Well good. I didn't stay up and watch the last one. I'll have to catch it later.

vCash

I witnessed that misery in slow motion as our seats were right there on the pilon .... and then had to listen to that damn rooster crow
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I witnessed that misery in slow motion as our seats were right there on the pilon .... and then had to listen to that damn rooster crow
    Boy that would suck.

About like I felt at Aub that year when Relf got stuffed at last second goal line stand and we lost. It was a tough walk back to the car.

vCash
    Boy that would suck.

About like I felt at Aub that year when Relf got stuffed at last second goal line stand and we lost. It was a tough walk back to the car.
    I was there for that one also and was sitting on that goal line ... I knew before the refs did that he didn't make it. Then I realized it was me - I was the reason they lost close games
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I was there for that one also and was sitting on that goal line ... I knew before the refs did that he didn't make it. Then I realized it was me - I was the reason they lost close games
    I was on the other goal line and witnessed when Dyer didn't score when we spun him back (ball never crossed line) and they gave it too him. It wasn't as close as Relf. We got so screwed that day. Agree Relf didn't make it but neither did Dyer.

Same game too where Aub got the ref hep first down ball move.

Typical visit down on the corruption plains.