Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "The Balconies" at DWS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    Since this is about raising revenue and filling the stadium with MSU fans, why not put MSU staff tickets up there and open some of the best seats in the house to higher paying customers? At least They probably wouldn’t sell their seats to LSU fans. Secondly, as someone who pays high rates to get equivalent seating on the lower level West side, I don’t see how it is fair to charge West side a big donation for the seats, but not for essentially 50 yd line seats on the East.
    Especially since most of them don't care about football anyway. I typically see a lot of non maroon colors from my seat on the West side in their section.

vCash
    If these balconies work I wonder if they plan to "add more" and just basically make the entire upper deck balconies and move those people that have season tickets either to the East side upper deck or down to the East or West side?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    if i could put a small refrigerator that holds a keg of beer with a tap on the front i am in and all elitedawgs are invited to stop by for a free cold one...i am dead serious.
    You are allowed a refrigerator, no cooking but you can stock it on Fridays and you get bring chairs or bar stools etc... These things are going to be great. I actually like the view from up there better myself. The only draw back was the walk up but if the pay off was one of these, I would definitely consider it.

Plus, you will have a removable shade of some sort. That might just rock.
    Last edited by Hot Rock; 06-23-2022 at 07:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    You are allowed a refrigerator, no cooking but you can stock it on Fridays and you get bring chairs or bar stools etc... These things are going to be great. I actually like the view from up there better myself. The only draw back was the walk up but if the pay off was one of these, I would definitely consider it.

Plus, you will have a removable shade of some sort. That might just rock.
    We need to put up some type of sun shade like Oregon State has (but better). The Romans did this 2000 years ago, surely we can.

vCash
    They Should have put them in the MSU Staff and Employee section and that would make BAMA, LSU and Georgia fans have to sit in corners.

vCash
    I'll give our leadership credit for one thing - they will come up with some innovative ideas to address some issues (lack of attendance in this one) and do something no one else has done and see what happens. No one else does anything like that.

It is better than having empty seats all over the place on TV or full of visiting teams colors.

That said, I'd really like the energy on getting a championship product on the field and let the rest take care of itself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I'll give our leadership credit for one thing - they will come up with some innovative ideas to address some issues (lack of attendance in this one) and do something no one else has done and see what happens. No one else does anything like that.

It is better than having empty seats all over the place on TV or full of visiting teams colors.

That said, I'd really like the energy on getting a championship product on the field and let the rest take care of itself.

Might as well give up on that. Will never happen in football.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Take your binoculars . . . . . .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FoggyBottom View Post
    Take your binoculars . . . . . .
    Or just watch the JumboTron, which is what a lot of people do anyway.

vCash
    It seems a lot of our fans want stadium capacity to go back to what it was in the Croom era, by installing premium booths, chairbacks, and what not. I guess that's fine if you aren't counting on the team ever being worth a damn again. I thought 62k squeezed in during the 2014 season was the perfect home field advantage for us. Why diminish that? I don't think we need to go below 60k, just in case. Unpopular opinion and weird I know, but we are already small, and I don't want to get much smaller.

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If these balconies work I wonder if they plan to "add more" and just basically make the entire upper deck balconies and move those people that have season tickets either to the East side upper deck or down to the East or West side?
    Our fans need to stop caring about baseball so much first, for that to happen...

vCash
    I like how we take traditional bad seating & convert it to premium seating. My seats are in the Scoreboard Club. Usually upper deck, end zone are the worst seats in a stadium. But, MSU has made it a fun, desirable location. Looks like the Balconies will be the same. Well done!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oildawg View Post
    I like how we take traditional bad seating & convert it to premium seating. My seats are in the Scoreboard Club. Usually upper deck, end zone are the worst seats in a stadium. But, MSU has made it a fun, desirable location. Looks like the Balconies will be the same. Well done!
    Please get rid of the trolley cars. Cheap look. Sell them for gas $ for our next trip to Omaha. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    It seems a lot of our fans want stadium capacity to go back to what it was in the Croom era, by installing premium booths, chairbacks, and what not. I guess that's fine if you aren't counting on the team ever being worth a damn again. I thought 62k squeezed in during the 2014 season was the perfect home field advantage for us. Why diminish that? I don't think we need to go below 60k, just in case. Unpopular opinion and weird I know, but we are already small, and I don't want to get much smaller.
    It takes a good product to put that many fans in stands and we ain't got that. This is our way to hide our poor product (and poor fan support) and gimic our way to some positive press. That is all this is. Again, I say props on one hand and it sucks on the other.

vCash
    Only winning will refill ours and many other stadiums post covid. Comforts of home/so many games on tv vs. co$ts of attendance. We have had 8 to 12 FB season tickets for 50 plus years. Almost dropped from 8 to 2, before 6 family had change of heart. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    We've gotta take some of that SEC/Bowl revenue and bowl in the South endzone.

That will piss off the "old hats" in the M Club, but we have to wipe that out and move on.

vCash
    It takes a good product to put that many fans in stands and we ain't got that. This is our way to hide our poor product (and poor fan support) and gimic our way to some positive press. That is all this is. Again, I say props on one hand and it sucks on the other.
    I agree, but don't think this gets us an ounce of positive press, or any press really.

vCash
    I am 100% behind enclosing the south end zone. The problem is there is ZERO appetite for increased capacity. I would love to see something similar to T. Boone Pickens.

Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 06-26-2022 at 01:16 PM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    I would like to see or even hear some rummers on what will be done with the rest of the upper west side 200 & 300 sections, I think those are the right numbers. Also the press box was to be located on top of the west side.

vCash
    Good Lord