Matt Corder
    Bradley Wilson
    Andrew Walling
    Michael Tepper
    Revy Higgins
    Graham Bane
    Tayler Montiel
    Jackson Conn

Drew McGowan and Cam Tullar aren't in the portal but they aren't expected back.

Kam James, Brad Cumbest, Logan Tanner, and Landon Sims are for sure gone.

Luke Hancock and Preston Johnson could leave but could possibly come back.

KC Hunt and Jackson Fristoe are draft eligible, but are likely back.
    Hunt and Tullar are both playing in the MLB prospect league this summer.

I think they could (probably) bring Tullar back. He performed better at the end of the year and Foxhall likes him. Plus we need LH pitching.

I'm not real sure where Kam James falls in the draft. Maybe some team will fall in love with him and draft him high but I could see him possibly coming back. Also, we're not exactly aggressively pursuing third baseman at this time either which means they either have a lot of confidence in Alford which is possible or they know that James is likely coming back. Kam is really athletic but he's also really raw and it just seems like he hasn't quite put it all together. Taking a player like that isn't really something most teams want to risk in the top 5 rounds.
    Last edited by Todd4State; 06-21-2022 at 01:09 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    You guys expecting Stinnett back?

Also remember, Simmons and Auger will probably be on team but no where near ever contributing next year with TJ recovery.

Think our pitching was thin this year? We are gonna be relying on Freshmen and transfers next year.
    It worked for other schools.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Keller as far as I know is still on the commit list. The fourth player we dropped was Ernie Day who was a JUCO.

If his injury is what I heard it was I don't expect him back. Heard he had some kind of fracture in his forearm or humerus.
    Keller is gone. He's going to play for his dad, Bob, at MGCCC.

vCash
    Did we drop Jacob Keys?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Did we drop Jacob Keys?
    he's still in hs. haven't heard that we weren't signing him....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Keller is gone. He's going to play for his dad, Bob, at MGCCC.
    Did not know that. I thought he had a good year this year. If he's going to play for his Dad I understand that decision though.

vCash
    Did not know that. I thought he had a good year this year. If he's going to play for his Dad I understand that decision though.
    Yeah he has a partially torn ucl and he wants to play pro ball. He figures the quickest way to the draft is rehab the elbow and play a year of juco. I personally think he needs to go ahead and get the surgery but its not what him or his dad wants. Second time he's injured the arm, had surgery first time. I got a little inside info on this because my sons playing at Gulf Coast and he's friends with Charlie.

vCash
    Doing the numbers, I'm not certain that we will be bringing in as many portal pitchers as a lot of people think.
    Based on the OP - we have 5 certain to come back - Pico, Cade, KC, Cheatem, and Brandon Smith. We have 2 draft risks in Fristoe and Presto. That's seven spots.
    We have 11 freshman pitchers and 1 JUCO in the signing class (+ 1 with TJ), and 2 portal guys. Plus 3 others in the signing class who have pitched in HS. That has us somewhere between 19-24 guys already vying for 14-17 spots.

Now, I'm a believer that you can never have too much quality pitching, but if I'm a portal kid looking at roster numbers I ain't coming unless you throw some guarantees. Otherwise, unless we plan on either dropping or redshirting a bunch of arms the numbers don't work.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Hunt and Tullar are both playing in the MLB prospect league this summer.

I think they could (probably) bring Tullar back. He performed better at the end of the year and Foxhall likes him. Plus we need LH pitching.

I'm not real sure where Kam James falls in the draft. Maybe some team will fall in love with him and draft him high but I could see him possibly coming back. Also, we're not exactly aggressively pursuing third baseman at this time either which means they either have a lot of confidence in Alford which is possible or they know that James is likely coming back. Kam is really athletic but he's also really raw and it just seems like he hasn't quite put it all together. Taking a player like that isn't really something most teams want to risk in the top 5 rounds.
    I'd rather go find LH pitching help from somewhere else. Tullar isn't good. No offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Doing the numbers, I'm not certain that we will be bringing in as many portal pitchers as a lot of people think.
    Based on the OP - we have 5 certain to come back - Pico, Cade, KC, Cheatem, and Brandon Smith. We have 2 draft risks in Fristoe and Presto. That's seven spots.
    We have 11 freshman pitchers and 1 JUCO in the signing class (+ 1 with TJ), and 2 portal guys. Plus 3 others in the signing class who have pitched in HS. That has us somewhere between 19-24 guys already vying for 14-17 spots.

Now, I'm a believer that you can never have too much quality pitching, but if I'm a portal kid looking at roster numbers I ain't coming unless you throw some guarantees. Otherwise, unless we plan on either dropping or redshirting a bunch of arms the numbers don't work.
    Add hunt to the draft risk

vCash
    Tullar can come back and compete for one of the non scholarship 8 spots. Now whether he wins one or not remains to be seen, assuming he does come back.

vCash
    Yeah, I worry about Hunt in the draft
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post

So Pitching wise we will have:

2 Seniors including Preston
    4 Juniors including Fristoe and Hunt
    4 Sophmores
    11 Freshmen

So around 21 ish guys and 15 of them are underclassmen assuming I got the two portal pitchers class right. Gonna need some dudes to grow up quick.

Sidenote: It doesn't sound like Tullar will come back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Add hunt to the draft risk
    Added.

baseball the numbers always work out..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Added.

baseball the numbers always work out..
    Yep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I'd rather go find LH pitching help from somewhere else. Tullar isn't good. No offense.
    If we can't find another LHP in the portal, jeez. You want to lose +20 games again.

Dude with a 10 ERA and opposition hitting 327. That's with most of his opposition being Left-Handed hitters.

Open tryouts at a fraternity can probably get you a 10 ERA.

vCash
    Not a word here on K.K. Clark commitment. Future pitcher or position player? Immediate help or development needed? Thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Not a word here on K.K. Clark commitment. Future pitcher or position player? Immediate help or development needed? Thanks.
    Think they see him as a pitcher

vCash
    Better be a pitcher

vCash
    His future is on the mound.