Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
Alright fine I'm here to argue.

There's one argument for an automatic / semi-automatic gun in modern society. It's **** off, I like guns. Beyond that all others are pretty disingenuous. There's also another solid argument for not outlawing guns that I don't have the answer to because it's not really knowable. "How would you have people turn in the ones already available." It's difficult, but probably have them be compensated monetarily equivalent to purchases made based on registered ones. Unfortunately this solution takes a solid 5-10 years before we get to the end state where guns are astronomical in value ($10k+) and those buying black market guns don't need them.

All other arguments are just kinda silly. The government has the power to literally drone strike you at will. Your AR15 ain't doing shit.

Now bolt action hunting rifles? Ain't no one coming for that. Though it feels better to kill deer with a bow and also doesn't ruin as much meat imo.
I don't pig hunt, but everyone I know that pig hunts uses an AR-15. The goal is to eradicate the pigs. Also, those AR's would do a lot of good in a situation like Ukraine is in right now. That's what the 2nd amendment is about as much as anything else.
I've never hunted with my AR or my AK but I guess I could if I wanted to. I prefer lever guns, bolt actions, or my bow.