Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Say what you want about Bunko and crew

vCash

Say what you want about Bunko and crew

their pitching has gotten better as the season has gone on. Real credit to them.

Ours did not
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    ^^^^Ole Miss lurker^^^^

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    He didn't have an established arm he could wear out before the postseason this year.

vCash
    Delucia and Elliot are very, very good.

They might be in the driver's seat of that bracket after Monday's game.

vCash
    We took 2 of 3 from OM in Oxford. We looked poised to make a postseason run. From that point on, we went 2-13.

OM has went 16-5 from that same point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Delucia and Elliot are very, very good.

They might be in the driver's seat of that bracket after Monday's game.
    Elliot is 4-3. DeLucia is their key. He saves their pen, which isn't very good outside one guy. DeLucia has been good almost all season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Elliot is 4-3. DeLucia is their key. He saves their pen, which isn't very good outside one guy. DeLucia has been good almost all season.
    Elliot has a 2.82 era and 12.33 k9. That's really, really good

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    1 run in the last three games given up when other games have offensive explosions. I hope the Pigs beat them, but I think the sharks are going to the ship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Elliot has a 2.82 era and 12.33 k9. That's really, really good
    But he doesn't get decisions and seems to hit the wall about the 5th inning. If OM doesn't put up runs, they lose those games. If OM comes out and pounds out some runs early on AR, they'll win. If they don't, they won't IMO. OM has a great chance because that bracket is really weak. It's an odd CWS. A lot of mediocre teams and a couple hot teams, but no real power house teams like usual.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 06-19-2022 at 08:59 AM.

vCash
    Before the season, the pundits were talking about olemiss bringing in a highly rated group of juco pitchers. Looks like some of them are panning out.

vCash
    But he doesn't get decisions and seems to hit the wall about the 5th inning. If OM doesn't put up runs, they lose those games. If OM comes out and pounds out some runs early on AR, they'll win. If they don't, they won't IMO. OM has a great chance because that bracket is really weak. It's an odd CWS. A lot of mediocre teams and a couple hot teams, but no real power house teams like usual.
    I hate to jump on this train b/c it sounds like sour grapes, but this is true. Strange season all around. How many 1st round pitchers went down early in the season? I know Ark and Texas lost their aces (1st rounders). We saw a lot of mid majors having really good seasons and littering the top 25 polls.

Covid, transfer portal, and NIL all coming along at the same time and things are weird lately.

vCash
    Arkansas vs Ole Miss.....only one "choker" can advance. Who will it be?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImissCityBagel View Post
    AR better be practicing fielding pop ups all day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We took 2 of 3 from OM in Oxford. We looked poised to make a postseason run. From that point on, we went 2-13.

OM has went 16-5 from that same point.
    Yep this was the turning point to both teams seasons. Ole Miss bucked up while MSU pussed out.

vCash
    I really REALLY want the hogs to handle business against Ole Miss. if Ole Miss wins, they are playing for the championship

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImissCityBagel View Post
    How does a popup in front of the catcher sound?

vCash
    Yeah I agree with all this. There's no absolute stud team in this cws. Lot of similar teams. I will say arky is hitting the baseball better than anyone through regionals, supers and cws so far. Let's see if om has the pitching to stop em.

vCash
    The winner of The Arky-OM is all but guaranteed spot in the championship series. The loser faces the prospect of playing Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday just to make it to the championship series.

I have said all postseason that I felt Arkansas was the most battle tested team in the field so I am sticking with my pick. WPS and beat the damn Sharks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    The winner of The Arky-OM is all but guaranteed spot in the championship series. The loser faces the prospect of playing Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday just to make it to the championship series.

I have said all postseason that I felt Arkansas was the most battle tested team in the field so I am sticking with my pick. WPS and beat the damn Sharks
    I love the new format, but man if you lose one of the first two games you are in for a tighter squeeze of pitching in more condensed days.

vCash
    It is amazing how thing worked out for the teams after we beat them in the weekend series.

They?ve had guys step up and we didn?t when the season was on the line.