Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: CWS thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    OK can rake, but so did Ark when they faced other teams outside OM. OK better come to the plate with patience and get into their pen. Did they even use their closer yet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Screw Van Horn for throwing that first game. But they basically burned DeLusia.
    If he had just done the normal thing his team is playing for a title. But in baseball if you don't respect the game you usually get burned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If he had just done the normal thing his team is playing for a title. But in baseball if you don't respect the game you usually get burned.
    Word. Van Horn is the new Mike Martin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Oh that is definitely the next discussion if the Webels win it. Them winning and us finishing LAST IN THE SEC after winning it all seems an unpardonable sin. A sacrifice at the altar will be required; someone will need to pay.
    The staff is on notice and they know that they have to have a better season next year or there will be changes with assistants probably. That was true long before Ole Miss went on their run. I don't think they are oblivious to anything.

vCash
    The staff is on notice and they know that they have to have a better season next year or there will be changes with assistants probably. That was true long before Ole Miss went on their run. I don't think they are oblivious to anything.
    Truly putting the staff “on notice” means progress milestone evaluations between right now and the MIDDLE of next season. They do not get another entire season. John needs to get the job done sooner rather than later. This happened on his watch and he needs to get it FIXED.

vCash
    Truly putting the staff “on notice” means progress milestone evaluations between right now and the MIDDLE of next season. They do not get another entire season. John needs to get the job done sooner rather than later. This happened on his watch and he needs to get it FIXED.
    In-house promotion of someone with virtually no AD experience for an SEC program is part of the problems we have. JMO.

vCash
    Uhhh...I just looked at the Okie schedule....it was kind of meh. But I guess they are hot right now.

vCash
    Can you imagine if we had not won the natty last year? I would want to vomit if they won one before us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    Can you imagine if we had not won the natty last year? I would want to vomit if they won one before us.
    Yep. At least we got to experience that. Funny how it lasted only one season tho lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    What would have game 3 looked like if Van Horn ever had to take on Mike Martin?
    Probably a 32 inning train wreck that ends in a tie!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Yep. At least we got to experience that. Funny how it lasted only one season tho lol
    Well I don't plan to give ours back even if OM wins one this year.

vCash
    Baseball is a different business. We're not going to fire any coach mid season outside of a scandal.

vCash
    Baseball is a different business. We're not going to fire any coach mid season outside of a scandal.
    Business as usual is not the hallmark of a leader.

vCash
    You've lost your damn mind if you think people need to be fired. Nobody would want to work for your tyrant ass. Staff changes will be made if things don't improve. But you act like we didn't lose basically the whole damn staff from last year after injuries and graduation/pro ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    You've lost your damn mind if you think people need to be fired. Nobody would want to work for your tyrant ass. Staff changes will be made if things don't improve. But you act like we didn't lose basically the whole damn staff from last year after injuries and graduation/pro ball.
    Just to be clear Cooter. Did not say anyone should be fired now. You can read my comments to Todd and get a little more perspective. But, no, I do not believe either they should get another twelve months free and clear without any interim expectations, evaluations and accountability. IF we do not see progress in an interim period then, yes, changes should be made. And by the way, the expectations, evaluations and accountability should be applied not only to the coaching level but also by Keenum to the AD. We need some tension in the athletics department.

vCash
    Oklahoma is a "we're just happy to be here" team......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    If they split the first two and they have Delucia on Monday, they'll win it. He is almost unhittable right now.
    Yeah but how long can he realistically go? 5?

vCash
    Yeah but how long can he realistically go? 5?
    3-4 innings maybe. He's thrown 220+ pitches in less than a week. While he threw the shutout today arky had 8 balls hit over 100mph exit velo, they just happened to be hit right at someone, that tells you he wasn't quite as sharp with that many barreled up balls. If there's a game 3 I know he'll be out there but how good will he be? Let's hope okie wins first 2 anyways

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    3-4 innings maybe. He's thrown 220+ pitches in less than a week. While he threw the shutout today arky had 8 balls hit over 100mph exit velo, they just happened to be hit right at someone, that tells you he wasn't quite as sharp with that many barreled up balls. If there's a game 3 I know he'll be out there but how good will he be? Let's hope okie wins first 2 anyways
    Arm gets tired = ball gets elevated = ball gets hit hard. You're right- I was maybe generous with 5 innings. But then again it is Bianco we're talking about here.

Yeah well baseball is not a "usual business". I've been exposed to both. What kind of pitching coach do you think we are going to find in the middle of the season? Please save us again Gary Henderson? Firing a coach in the middle of season rarely is good long term. It's also a potentially bad look. People in baseball understand it's a game of streaks both good and bad and that patience is required. Ask George Steinbrenner how firing people randomly worked for the Yankees in the 1980's? Being knee jerk and firing someone in the middle of the season has to be for a pretty darn good cause. Because no one wants to go work in baseball somewhere that you might be fired for losing a series or during a losing streak "just cause we're Mississippi State and we don't do that."

vCash
    Arm gets tired = ball gets elevated = ball gets hit hard. You're right- I was maybe generous with 5 innings. But then again it is Bianco we're talking about here.

Yeah well baseball is not a "usual business". I've been exposed to both. What kind of pitching coach do you think we are going to find in the middle of the season? Please save us again Gary Henderson? Firing a coach in the middle of season rarely is good long term. It's also a potentially bad look. People in baseball understand it's a game of streaks both good and bad and that patience is required. Ask George Steinbrenner how firing people randomly worked for the Yankees in the 1980's? Being knee jerk and firing someone in the middle of the season has to be for a pretty darn good cause. Because no one wants to go work in baseball somewhere that you might be fired for losing a series or during a losing streak "just cause we're Mississippi State and we don't do that."
    I get what you?re saying Todd. But just don?t have the same perspective. We are a year out now from winning. Another eight or nine months will elapse before mid next season. PLENTY of additional time to evaluate progress. So we?re far from talking streaks and knee jerk. I?ll leave it there since no one wants to read my tome on leadership, performance and accountability. But there needs to be tension in this program. A BOD doesn?t give a damn your stock price was high twelve months ago. They want to know why it?s in the tank and what the f$$k you?re going to do to fix it PDQ. There will be milestone goals set and progress evaluations. And you won?t get another twelve months to fix it. These guys are making CEO money and should be evaluated as such. IMHO