Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: CWS thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Well, when you have one team deciding to throw a random reliever into a starting spot on the biggest stage in college baseball....

I think there is some weird imbalance this year because of injuries, older teams because of COVID, and at the same time teams lacking back end depth plus some Super Regional upsets- Tennessee and Oregon State are CWS worthy and had no business losing to Notre Dame and Auburn. There were also several mid majors in Super Regionals this year too- USM, East Carolina, and etc.
    There's definitely something afoot. The whole season has been really strange and the postseason has been the same

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Zach Morris... Taking care of business!
    Big redemption moment.

vCash
    I'm still trying to figure out why Van Horn threw a FR from Hernando vs OM in the biggest moment of the season. That almost cost him another game with stupidity.

vCash
    Tygart has performed well all season for the Hogs. I'm expecting him to throw today and look totally different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why Van Horn threw a FR from Hernando vs OM in the biggest moment of the season. That almost cost him another game with stupidity.
    Didn’t the guy that came in and bailed tygart out the starter that shit his diaper against olemiss the other night?

vCash
    The rebels mettle will be tested now. Having Delucia going will help matters, but there are a couple things to look for. When a team has been rolling on offense and suddenly hits a wall (which olemiss did last night), it isn’t easy to get it going again. I think that is compounded by the way olemiss’ season went. If they had been good all year, doubt doesn’t creep in as easily. Delucia should help negate some of that though b/c he is their bell cow. I’m assuming arkansas’ ace is going today. Should be good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Didn’t the guy that came in and bailed tygart out the starter that shit his diaper against olemiss the other night?
    Yes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    Tygart has performed well all season for the Hogs. I'm expecting him to throw today and look totally different.
    He was nails earlier this year, but Tygart hasn't been as good since about midseason.

His last five outings:
    - Ole Miss (game 2): 0.0 IP, 2 HBP
    - UNC (game 2): 1.0 IP, 1 BB
    - OSU (game 2): 0.2 IP, 4 H, 4 ER
    - OSU (game 1): 1.2 IP, 1 H, 3 BB, 2 ER
    - Florida: 0.1 IP, 1 H, 2 ER
    - Vanderbilt: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 1 BB, 3 ER

That's about 1/5 good outings. Still just a freshman so it's understandable but not sure you want to put him out there again this year.

vCash
    Tygart was a bad decision that almost cost them the game. Good for the other guy for making up for his nerves the previous start. How many lefties will AR have available tonight is my question. I know Noland should be good but OM has most of their pen ready.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Tygart was a bad decision that almost cost them the game. Good for the other guy for making up for his nerves the previous start. How many lefties will AR have available tonight is my question. I know Noland should be good but OM has most of their pen ready.
    Taylor might have another inning in him, and Morris might could go 2 more. Really need to get about 6 out of Noland if you can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    Taylor might have another inning in him, and Morris might could go 2 more. Really need to get about 6 out of Noland if you can.
    You better win or else, ha!

vCash
    I think Ole Dixie has more in the "tank" than the Hogs. Van Horn is more of the problem by not starting his #2 guy in game two. But in saying all this, it's a toss-up on who wins.

vCash
    Only hope is that the pressure gets to OM and they can't compete on this stage. Arkansas has been in pressure situations like this before, and having won 2 elimination games in a row means something too.

WPS and/or Boomer Sooner in any case.

If OM wins the natty it's ****ing horrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    Tygart had been nails for the year. But, of his 16 Earned Runs for the year, 11 Earned Runs are in his last 7 innings or so.

Before that 5 Earned Runs in 30 innings pitched.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I think Ole Dixie has more in the "tank" than the Hogs. Van Horn is more of the problem by not starting his #2 guy in game two. But in saying all this, it's a toss-up on who wins.
    Definitely a 50/50 game for sure. More than likely whoever scores first will win, because the other team will choke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Definitely a 50/50 game for sure. More than likely whoever scores first will win, because the other team will choke.
    The big edge is Hogs > Ole Dixie defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    The big edge is Hogs > Ole Dixie defense.
    Agreed.

vCash
    Hogs need to finish this tonight. I don't even want OM in the finals but whatever it takes for them not to win it is the ultimate goal. As far as OM has went this year, hoping they lose a ton of talent and have to start over next year and we can get back to our normal position of dominance.

After we tanked, I didn't think I'd be very invested in CWS but I have been totally locked in due to the turn of events. I don't really want to care about the finals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I don't really want to care about the finals.
    This is the goal. I would prefer a care free weekend.

vCash
    Hopefully UPig wins in a 7 hour 21 Inning game