Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: CWS thread

vCash
    This reminds me of 2014 football. We had a historic year yet so did they. Now we win a NC and they likely follow it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    I mean the way Ole Miss hit literally every member of the Arkansas bullpen I doubt it would have mattered unless the starter threw a complete game.

Probably a good thing the #2 starter got saved for tonight, hope for a win tonight then to win two shootouts. Odds are slim but Arkansas can win against Diamond if it comes to it, then it's probably a Noland vs. DeLuca battle on Thursday.
    It was a bad move, Van Horn starting a guy who hadn't started all year was just dumb to be "experimenting" in the CWS. If anything, start your third guy, it destroyed the "team morale".
    It gave Ole Dixie all the confidence in the world and now the advantage with rested bullpen and now the Hogs will have to out slug everyone if they can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    It was a bad move, Van Horn starting a guy who hadn't started all year was just dumb to be "experimenting" in the CWS. If anything, start your third guy, it destroyed the "team morale".
    It gave Ole Dixie all the confidence in the world and now the advantage with rested bullpen and now the Hogs will have to out slug everyone if they can.
    You nailed it right there. I learned in my coaching years when you get to big time games or tournaments, its best to keep things as normal as possible. It provides a since of calm and confidence to your team. You're treating it like it's just the next game on the schedule. When you start monkeying around with stuff teams to play tight and nervous.

ETA and especially with pitchers. They are such creatures of habit and when you disrupt that it generally doesn't end well. Van Horn approached that game like it was a do or die situation and he didn't have any pitching left but the pen guys. Was just plain stupid. I've got some really good arky friends and they're are extremely unhappy with van horn.

vCash
    Morris had started the last game of the Stillwater Regional and was great, sent Arkansas to the Supers. Plus Ole Miss came into the game hitting significantly worse against lefties statistically.

It didn't work out but I get why he did it. I just don't think there was any stopping their offense regardless last night.

Arkansas changed pitchers so much last night that not many were really burned anyway. Used back of the bullpen guys in the later innings. We don't exactly have an established 3rd starter anymore since Hagen Smith has been closing games recently.

vCash
    Morris had started the last game of the Stillwater Regional and was great, sent Arkansas to the Supers. Plus Ole Miss came into the game hitting significantly worse against lefties statistically.

It didn't work out but I get why he did it. I just don't think there was any stopping their offense regardless last night.

Arkansas changed pitchers so much last night that not many were really burned anyway. Used back of the bullpen guys in the later innings. We don't exactly have an established 3rd starter anymore since Hagen Smith has been closing games recently.
    It's stupid to go with a hunch off one game. Van Horn over thought it big time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    It's stupid to go with a hunch off one game. Van Horn over thought it big time.
    No question. If you have a reliable #2(which he does), he's #2 for a reason and you stick with it. He messed up.

vCash
    More terrible baseball today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    More terrible baseball today.
    Whats up this year at the cws? I've seen some of the worst baseball i've seen in years. Bad defense, bad baserunning, bad managing. It's crazy this year.

vCash
    That last inning had walks, a balk, errors, & terrible base running. ND is hanging on by a thread. They better get some runs, because their pen is about to be real thin.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 06-21-2022 at 02:14 PM.

vCash
    I mean the way Ole Miss hit literally every member of the Arkansas bullpen I doubt it would have mattered unless the starter threw a complete game.

Probably a good thing the #2 starter got saved for tonight, hope for a win tonight then to win two shootouts. Odds are slim but Arkansas can win against Diamond if it comes to it, then it's probably a Noland vs. DeLuca battle on Thursday.
    Delucia is hittable. Just need people on base, and he will pitch differently.

vCash

Terrible approach by your hitters last night especially early. Elliot was all over the place in the first and second. In first inning after leadoff single your 2 and 3 hitter struckout on pitches that werent close to being strikes, both should've walked. Could've had bases loaded and nobody out and it could've changed the whole outcome of that game. Oh well.

vCash

It's ok to defend your coach and team, but Van Horn cost his team last night.

vCash
    Looks like ND played their world series in knoxville.

vCash
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to basedog again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I did call Aggies winning today. One of my 2 upset specials.

vCash
    No doubt. It happens a lot. ND had a good year, Aggies looking good today.

vCash
    No doubt. It happens a lot. ND had a good year, Aggies looking good today.
    Yes it does especially with young uns. Young players can be to emotional at times and they spend so much emotion and effort to beat "The Man" that they crash afterwards.

vCash
    Yes it does especially with young uns. Young players can be to emotional at times and they spend so much emotion and effort to beat "The Man" that they crash afterwards.
    It's a baseball thing more than football and basketball. It's a sport of ups and down mostly because of all the games played.

vCash
    It's a baseball thing more than football and basketball. It's a sport of ups and down mostly because of all the games played.
    Yes sir, you are correct. And this goes back to the van horn thing and why it's so important for baseball coaches to try and keep things as consistent as possible. Have to try so hard to stay in the middle ground emotionally because there are so many ups and downs. Man I'm as fiery and competitive as anyone(my wife thinks i get extreme sometimes) but in baseball you have to have a controlled agressiveness or the lows and highs will destroy you. Its such a fine line to walk and takes some time to get it.

vCash
    Yes sir, you are correct. And this goes back to the van horn thing and why it's so important for baseball coaches to try and keep things as consistent as possible. Have to try so hard to stay in the middle ground emotionally because there are so many ups and downs. Man I'm as fiery and competitive as anyone(my wife thinks i get extreme sometimes) but in baseball you have to have a controlled agressiveness or the lows and highs will destroy you. Its such a fine line to walk and takes some time to get it.
    No wonder why I like u!!! LOL.

Why gamble in CWS, dance with who u bring to the dance.