Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: CWS thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    It has been an odd year. A lot of highly ranked teams that turned out to be pretty mediocre and some mediocre teams that got hot. And a team in Tennessee that folks had as the greatest team evah and they choked. Very odd year.
    All the pitching injuries and a juiced ball/bat this year seems to be a good part of it. Then there are some young teams in the CWS too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Arkansas should win tomorrow. Which means they probably won't.**
    No doubt they should, but Auburn may be a little better from the pitching stand point. Auburn is fo sho deeper on the mound.

Nothing should be surprising at this point except some teams are hot at the right time. No doubt after seeing Ole Dixie and Sooners winning their first two games are the hottest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Vandy had the two best pitchers in the country. Show me who in this CWS has that. Or really, even a team that would compete for it all last year. It's just a down year. If you've watched, even you can't deny that. I mean, a coach literally started a reliever tonight instead of throwing his best. AU isn't good. I'll wait til the end before crowning them. You go ahead.
    Of course our win is the much tougher accomplishment, but a Natty is a Natty.

You were literally laughing at many on the board for worrying about OM winning games in OMAHA, and here we are.....they're 1 win away from the championship serious. But sure...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    All the pitching injuries and a juiced ball/bat this year seems to be a good part of it. Then there are some young teams in the CWS too.
    Yeah I agree. Been one of the strangest years in college baseball I've ever seen.

vCash
    Yeah I agree. Been one of the strangest years in college baseball I've ever seen.
    I’m thinking looking forward this will be the norm with transfer and NIL. I may be wrong but it seems more kids are going to college more now days than in years past.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Guys, just assume they?ll win like I?ve been doing since they beat Miami the first game. It makes this easier to take. They?re hotter than a $2 pistol

vCash
    And in this "weak" field, we finished dead last in the sec. Great job, team and coaches

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Obviously. I?m shocked and surprised how much Ole Dixie pitching has improved. They can rack, weakness is defense.

Auburn should be a little less tight tomorrow, gonna be interesting to see if the Hogs are stressed out?.LOL.
    Yep, Delucia and Elliott look to be the 2 best starters in the CWS that I've seen. As bad as we were in need of a LH pitcher its pretty sickening we let Elliott get away to OM. Maybe he is from a Reb family though, I don't know. Those 2 guys were stellar in Hattiesuurg as well. If they get to the championship series with those guys pitching the first 2 games I really don't see OM losing to anyone coming from the other side. OM is going to score some regardless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I’m thinking looking forward this will be the norm with transfer and NIL. I may be wrong but it seems more kids are going to college more now days than in years past.
    Well OM is doing this with several guys that are quality veterans who chose to come back to accomplish something when they could have went ahead and gone pro. Add that to the development of 2 really good starters (see Foxhall, it CAN be done) and they have a lot going for them right now. Of course it came within a whisker of all being for naught when i looked like they wouldn't even get in the tourney. But we seem to rarely get quality veterans to stay around. Very unusual to get guys to stay with no draft leverage and it is pretty obvious that transfers are going to play a much bigger role on teams going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Great. 1951 and 1994. What a jauggernaught.**

We also beat the crap out of them in Tallahassee in an elimination game.
    Different year, different team.

vCash
    Of course I thought last year that UVA(a National champion program) and Texas (most cws appearances by any school) were extremely tough draws for Mississippi State. That was a National championship bracket.

OMs path to the NC series is much easier. Auburn is in uncharted waters. Arkansas has a excellent program but chokers at this stage. Then you get two chances to win one???? What a lucky break by OM this year to even get in the tournament and to have this draw.

WPS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Of course I thought last year that UVA(a National champion program) and Texas (most cws appearances by any school) were extremely tough draws for Mississippi State. That was a National championship bracket.

OMs path to the NC series is much easier. Auburn is in uncharted waters. Arkansas has a excellent program but chokers at this stage. Then you get two chances to win one???? What a lucky break by OM this year to even get in the tournament and to have this draw.

WPS.
    We still had to beat a super talented vandy team last year, but I think nc state was probably better than them at that point, so I think we got a little break. I don't think any team wins it all without some good fortune

ETA... and I'm not ready to go throw a pile on money on OM to win it all yet. I think they still have a hurdle or 2

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We still had to beat a super talented vandy team last year, but I think nc state was probably better than them at that point, so I think we got a little break. I don't think any team wins it all without some good fortune

ETA... and I'm not ready to go throw a pile on money on OM to win it all yet. I think they still have a hurdle or 2
    I've been saying this myself. No team wins it all without some luck of some sort. We have a certain group in our fan base who absolutely cannot accept that Ole Miss can possibly be better than State at anything. We saw it with the football team last year and again with baseball. At some point all of the constant excuses and denial just makes you look ridiculous. Several have hit that point already.

vCash
    I'm not mad at Ole Miss....I'm just mad that we didn't have the pitching to be in Omaha.

vCash
    Is everyone that cheered so hard against Tennessee happy now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandownbytheriver View Post
    I've been saying this myself. No team wins it all without some luck of some sort. We have a certain group in our fan base who absolutely cannot accept that Ole Miss can possibly be better than State at anything. We saw it with the football team last year and again with baseball. At some point all of the constant excuses and denial just makes you look ridiculous. Several have hit that point already.
    I didn't mention luck. Sure every team has some luck to win a championship. However some paths are tougher than others.

But to show my ability to be objective, State has played in SECCG in football. However, OM has a better football program than MSU. Always have. Since Ive been following MSU (40 years), MSU has always had a better baseball program than OM. OM may win it this year, may not. But State still has a better program in the past and going forward.

vCash
    OM winning it all definitely gives them a ton of momentum for the future and takes away our claim to be the better program IMO. We will be equals at that point.

I don?t care what anyone says, if they win, it?s a big problem for us. Hoping Oklahoma can knock ?em off or somehow Arkansas or Auburn can shock the world and win two.

At the very least it would be good for Arky or Auburn to win one against the bears so they have to use their ace in the elimination game and not have him rested for a week in game 1.

vCash
    I'm going against the odds and going with strange things happening this year. Aggies over Irish, War Eagles over Hogs! LOL, well I only think there will only be one upset but I did say it's a strange year!

vCash
    I just rewatched our game vs Ole Miss. We are similar teams .....but our best pitching is "just enough" while they have solid 1 and 2s. Like somebody else said (a lot of people) they really struggle after the 5th. We got Elliot out of there by the 5th then we raked.

vCash
    Yep van horn outsmarted himself instead of sticking with his regular #2 guy. Just ignorant
    I mean the way Ole Miss hit literally every member of the Arkansas bullpen I doubt it would have mattered unless the starter threw a complete game.

Probably a good thing the #2 starter got saved for tonight, hope for a win tonight then to win two shootouts. Odds are slim but Arkansas can win against Diamond if it comes to it, then it's probably a Noland vs. DeLuca battle on Thursday.