Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
3-4 innings maybe. He's thrown 220+ pitches in less than a week. While he threw the shutout today arky had 8 balls hit over 100mph exit velo, they just happened to be hit right at someone, that tells you he wasn't quite as sharp with that many barreled up balls. If there's a game 3 I know he'll be out there but how good will he be? Let's hope okie wins first 2 anyways
Arm gets tired = ball gets elevated = ball gets hit hard. You're right- I was maybe generous with 5 innings. But then again it is Bianco we're talking about here.

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
Business as usual is not the hallmark of a leader.
Yeah well baseball is not a "usual business". I've been exposed to both. What kind of pitching coach do you think we are going to find in the middle of the season? Please save us again Gary Henderson? Firing a coach in the middle of season rarely is good long term. It's also a potentially bad look. People in baseball understand it's a game of streaks both good and bad and that patience is required. Ask George Steinbrenner how firing people randomly worked for the Yankees in the 1980's? Being knee jerk and firing someone in the middle of the season has to be for a pretty darn good cause. Because no one wants to go work in baseball somewhere that you might be fired for losing a series or during a losing streak "just cause we're Mississippi State and we don't do that."