Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: CWS thread

vCash
    Even though we all knew it was going to happen, it's still sickening.

vCash
    Ole Miss is much the better team. Amazing Oklahoma got to the finals.

vCash
    Well, this just sucks.

vCash
    Good thing they have no shot at a title per cooter

vCash
    OM pitching staff in post-season was lights out and the reason they won it. Difficult to beat a team twice when you are going to have to do it scoring 2 or 3 runs at most. And the OM offense is not easy to hold down to nothing. Figured this game would go OM's way somehow once the interference call cost OU a run.

vCash
    Nobody remembers the runners up huh cp?

And you thought we shoved it down the throats last year, they?ll take it up a notch and capitalize more than we did. We made it to three straight CWS appearances and a Natty and didn?t have better recruiting class nor transfer portal success.

Senior Member Vandownbytheriver's Avatar
    vCash
    Once they got in, it was over. Everyone turned on them during the season and it struck a nerve. Very reminiscent of last year. All the armchair coaches got exactly what they deserved. Some of y'all talked this shit into existence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post

And you thought we shoved it down the throats last year, they?ll take it up a notch and capitalize more than we did. We made it to three straight CWS appearances and a Natty and didn?t have better recruiting class nor transfer portal success.
    I think they're gonna really capitalize on this, unfortunately. I'm still not sure we can even make a regional next year

vCash
    I tip my hat to their sorry asses. LOL
    Give them credit, they played great ball the last month. And looks like they out recruited us the last couple years too. Their young guys are better than ours.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Give them credit, they played great ball the last month. And looks like they out recruited us the last couple years too. Their young guys are better than ours.
    Yeah Canni was a d bag, but I miss how well he recruited.

vCash
    That?s the most concerning thing to me. Our missed have been big misses. We have fallen in love with the spin rates and ext velocities instead of ball players. It also doesn?t look like the portal has been good to us yet. I like the Samford kid. If we get the Nixon kid, AF pitcher, and Stetson kid, I?ll feel better.

vCash

The more college sports (baseball included) becomes about straight out paying recruits and transfers to come to your school or keep them there the more the advantage swings to OM in everything. They have way more boosters with extra spending cash interested in doing that than we do and have already been buying players under the table for years anyway. NIL in its current form is not going to go well for us. Yes, we will have a big athletic budget just by being in the SEC but you can't use that money to buy players unfortunately. We don't have the doctors and lawyer graduates that just have money out the wazoo to throw away on buying college athletes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    The more college sports (baseball included) becomes about straight out paying recruits and transfers to come to your school or keep them there the more the advantage swings to OM in everything. They have way more boosters with extra spending cash interested in doing that than we do and have already been buying players under the table for years anyway. NIL in its current form is not going to go well for us. Yes, we will have a big athletic budget just by being in the SEC but you can't use that money to buy players unfortunately. We don't have the doctors and lawyer graduates that just have money out the wazoo to throw away on buying college athletes.
    You?re wrong there. I know a good bit of State grads who are lawyers, one of whom is a former State baseball player. I also know a good majority of people at UMMC are State grads. Our problem is very evident-when people post here about the Bulldog Initiative people complain about not having to give money yet complain when we don?t have NIL money. So it?s time for people to start putting their money where their mouth is.

vCash
    Hell, we haven't recruited great without NIL. This staff might be too late to save their asses if they don't get what we need and develop some guys.

vCash
    good majority of people at UMMC are State grads.
    You would have to show me some statistics on that for me to believe it. I know we have some undergraduates that remain loyal to MSU that go to medical school at UMMC but I would be shocked if it was a majority. Best way to get NIL money is for Bulldog Club members to take that money and send to the NIL collective. That is certainly what I'm thinking about doing. I don't see a bunch of MSU fans spending money on season tickets and all the expenses of going to games, giving to the Bulldog Club and then still sending in a wad to the NIL fund. There is more to life than college sports and higher priorities in life for most folks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    You would have to show me some statistics on that for me to believe it. I know we have some undergraduates that remain loyal to MSU that go to medical school at UMMC but I would be shocked if it was a majority. Best way to get NIL money is for Bulldog Club members to take that money and send to the NIL collective. That is certainly what I'm thinking about doing. I don't see a bunch of MSU fans spending money on season tickets and all the expenses of going to games, giving to the Bulldog Club and then still sending in a wad to the NIL fund. There is more to life than college sports and higher priorities in life for most folks.
    The good thing about NIL is there aren't fixed "dues" that you have to pay to keep your seats so to speak. So people can at least make it fit their budget a bit more.

vCash

I may be wrong but from judging how their team and fans reacted this seemed more like something to help them cope with what we did last year rather than a celebration. It seemed more like a "relief" whereas last year for us it was more of a celebration.

vCash
    Hell, we haven't recruited great without NIL. This staff might be too late to save their asses if they don't get what we need and develop some guys.
    #3, #9, #6. That's not good recruiting?

vCash
    Well, on the bright side, if there is one, our local DFW CBS sportscaster reminded everyone *twice* on his sportscast that MSU won the Natty last year.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Now that this is over, can whoever on here said that McCants & Gonzalez were going to transfer to us tell me when the announcement will be made? On pins and needles!*******