Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: CWS thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    3-4 innings maybe. He's thrown 220+ pitches in less than a week. While he threw the shutout today arky had 8 balls hit over 100mph exit velo, they just happened to be hit right at someone, that tells you he wasn't quite as sharp with that many barreled up balls. If there's a game 3 I know he'll be out there but how good will he be? Let's hope okie wins first 2 anyways
    Arm gets tired = ball gets elevated = ball gets hit hard. You're right- I was maybe generous with 5 innings. But then again it is Bianco we're talking about here.

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Business as usual is not the hallmark of a leader.
    Yeah well baseball is not a "usual business". I've been exposed to both. What kind of pitching coach do you think we are going to find in the middle of the season? Please save us again Gary Henderson? Firing a coach in the middle of season rarely is good long term. It's also a potentially bad look. People in baseball understand it's a game of streaks both good and bad and that patience is required. Ask George Steinbrenner how firing people randomly worked for the Yankees in the 1980's? Being knee jerk and firing someone in the middle of the season has to be for a pretty darn good cause. Because no one wants to go work in baseball somewhere that you might be fired for losing a series or during a losing streak "just cause we're Mississippi State and we don't do that."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    In-house promotion of someone with virtually no AD experience for an SEC program is part of the problems we have. JMO.
    ^^^^This^^^^ is the number one issue with MSU Athletics.

vCash
    Gosh, is cohen cutting costs again and damaging the future of msu sports? Did he not treat your kid good in a baseball camp a few years back?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Business as usual is not the hallmark of a leader.
    You've lost your damn mind if you think people need to be fired. Nobody would want to work for your tyrant ass. Staff changes will be made if things don't improve. But you act like we didn't lose basically the whole damn staff from last year after injuries and graduation/pro ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    3-4 innings maybe. He's thrown 220+ pitches in less than a week. While he threw the shutout today arky had 8 balls hit over 100mph exit velo, they just happened to be hit right at someone, that tells you he wasn't quite as sharp with that many barreled up balls. If there's a game 3 I know he'll be out there but how good will he be? Let's hope okie wins first 2 anyways
    Yep, he would have the same rest Bednar had last year going into game 3 but Bednar had more rest between his first 2 starts in Omaha last year and had thrown less pitches. Just amazing yesterday though that Arkansas only had 4 singles and never had a baserunner in any of the 9 innings until there were already 2 outs.

vCash
    Late movement is a b*tch and this guy was in juco last year too.......

vCash
    One thing everyone should understand about baseball in the Sec. It is BY FAR the most dominate league in the country and just about any school and mostly all the west division schools can or will win a Natty.

Regardless of who wins a Natty, their domination want last long.

vCash
    Hopefully Lemonis and staff are working their @sses off right now and not taking an extended Vacation. But it doesnt look like we have very much positive momentum in the Portal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Hopefully Lemonis and staff are working their @sses off right now and not taking an extended Vacation. But it doesnt look like we have very much positive momentum in the Portal.
    I've seen more pictures of fans taking pictures of Lemonis at games and tournaments than ever before.

Let's wait until August 1 before we judge the staff on the transfers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Arm gets tired = ball gets elevated = ball gets hit hard. You're right- I was maybe generous with 5 innings. But then again it is Bianco we're talking about here.

Yeah well baseball is not a "usual business". I've been exposed to both. What kind of pitching coach do you think we are going to find in the middle of the season? Please save us again Gary Henderson? Firing a coach in the middle of season rarely is good long term. It's also a potentially bad look. People in baseball understand it's a game of streaks both good and bad and that patience is required. Ask George Steinbrenner how firing people randomly worked for the Yankees in the 1980's? Being knee jerk and firing someone in the middle of the season has to be for a pretty darn good cause. Because no one wants to go work in baseball somewhere that you might be fired for losing a series or during a losing streak "just cause we're Mississippi State and we don't do that."
    I get what you?re saying Todd. But just don?t have the same perspective. We are a year out now from winning. Another eight or nine months will elapse before mid next season. PLENTY of additional time to evaluate progress. So we?re far from talking streaks and knee jerk. I?ll leave it there since no one wants to read my tome on leadership, performance and accountability. But there needs to be tension in this program. A BOD doesn?t give a damn your stock price was high twelve months ago. They want to know why it?s in the tank and what the f$$k you?re going to do to fix it PDQ. There will be milestone goals set and progress evaluations. And you won?t get another twelve months to fix it. These guys are making CEO money and should be evaluated as such. IMHO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    You've lost your damn mind if you think people need to be fired. Nobody would want to work for your tyrant ass. Staff changes will be made if things don't improve. But you act like we didn't lose basically the whole damn staff from last year after injuries and graduation/pro ball.
    Just to be clear Cooter. Did not say anyone should be fired now. You can read my comments to Todd and get a little more perspective. But, no, I do not believe either they should get another twelve months free and clear without any interim expectations, evaluations and accountability. IF we do not see progress in an interim period then, yes, changes should be made. And by the way, the expectations, evaluations and accountability should be applied not only to the coaching level but also by Keenum to the AD. We need some tension in the athletics department.

vCash
    The Sooners suck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImissCityBagel View Post
    The Sooners suck.
    Our motto these days... everyone sucks vs OM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImissCityBagel View Post
    The Sooners suck.
    I'm afraid there is no stopping these friggers.

vCash
    Oklahoma is a "we're just happy to be here" team......

vCash
    As much as I enjoyed UT getting beat in super, I wish OM was playing them right now.

vCash
    Is this Oklahoma's ace or are they saving him?

vCash
    OK is young and came out tight as Dick's hatband. That's their issue, young. Playing an older team is tough unless you're head and shoulders better. OK's best goes tomorrow. OK has made some big comebacks this year, but they aren't pushing the OM pitching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Our motto these days... everyone sucks vs OM
    All I know is that this is the best NCAA tournament performance by an entire pitching staff I have ever seen. Nobody can really hit OM pitchers and it really doesn't seem to matter who they put on the bump. Get 5 perfect innings from a guy I've never heard of tonight, he finally gets in a little trouble in the 6th and a freshman is brought in and bails them out and nobody can hit him. And this has really been going on since the regional. They have Elliott and Delucia for the next 2 and you know nobody is really going to hit them.

vCash
    I remember telling this board Tennessee losing before OM wasn't a good thing