Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: CWS thread

vCash
    I hope Oklahoma smokes Texas A&M and keeps their pen full and their top two starters ready for the championship series.

Little to no shot of Arkansas beating Ole Miss twice so Oklahoma needs to be at full strength.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg496 View Post
    I hope Oklahoma smokes Texas A&M and keeps their pen full and their top two starters ready for the championship series.

Little to no shot of Arkansas beating Ole Miss twice so Oklahoma needs to be at full strength.
    I agree. I like Arkansas chances tonight but probably not twice in a row.

vCash
    Arky has a better chance of winning the second game than they do tonight, because if they get past tonight they'll have Connor Noland to go on the mound tomorrow night. Connors dang good and while om will have Delucia, Nolands a little bit better and arky will have momentum. That being said they have to win tonight and I don't know who they've got left to throw. Only thing gives me hope tonight is the pigs can hit and diamond has not been great for om. Might be a high scoring game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Arky has a better chance of winning the second game than they do tonight, because if they get past tonight they'll have Connor Noland to go on the mound tomorrow night. Connors dang good and while om will have Delucia, Nolands a little bit better and arky will have momentum. That being said they have to win tonight and I don't know who they've got left to throw. Only thing gives me hope tonight is the pigs can hit and diamond has not been great for om. Might be a high scoring game
    At the very least they?ve got to be competitive tonight and get into the pen a bit. Ole miss has been able to coast so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    Morris had started the last game of the Stillwater Regional and was great, sent Arkansas to the Supers. Plus Ole Miss came into the game hitting significantly worse against lefties statistically.

It didn't work out but I get why he did it. I just don't think there was any stopping their offense regardless last night.

Arkansas changed pitchers so much last night that not many were really burned anyway. Used back of the bullpen guys in the later innings. We don't exactly have an established 3rd starter anymore since Hagen Smith has been closing games recently.
    MSU fans are Arkansas fans right now, we are going to treat Van Horn like we would an MSU coach.

Lose to OM, we are going to want him fired.

vCash
    Ole Miss isn't going with Diamond apparently. LHP John Gaddis getting the start.

I would expect Arkansas to go with LHP Hagen Smith or Noland but more likely Smith since Connor is only on 3 days rest. Only threw 80 pitches last time out but still.

Every game being a blowout one way or the other actually leaves Hogs in a decent spot bullpen-wise so that's something.

vCash
    Good luck Hogs! Unfortunately, I think you're going to need it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    Ole Miss isn't going with Diamond apparently. LHP John Gaddis getting the start.

I would expect Arkansas to go with LHP Hagen Smith or Noland but more likely Smith since Connor is only on 3 days rest. Only threw 80 pitches last time out but still.

Every game being a blowout one way or the other actually leaves Hogs in a decent spot bullpen-wise so that's something.
    Interesting call on little mikes part. Shows you how little confidence he has in diamond. The blowouts are the only saving grace as your bullpen arms should be fresh. I think I can speak for most of us here and say we have our fingers crossed and hoping arky can pull this off. Go Hogs.

vCash
    If Arkansas wins tonight, they'll win tomorrow.

They can't let Gaddis have the game of his life. Jump on him, jump on him early, and let them feel pressure which is something they haven't dealt with since this tournament started.

vCash
    I am feeling like the hogs sqeak by tonite and then have Noland for thursday.

vCash
    I wish we had another Mangum or Rowdy......after watching old games, those two were always on base and pitchers had to pitch differently to our sluggers.
    That's not why we aren't in Omaha, but IMO why we couldn't run bases as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    If Arkansas wins tonight, they'll win tomorrow.

They can't let Gaddis have the game of his life. Jump on him, jump on him early, and let them feel pressure which is something they haven't dealt with since this tournament started.
    Yes this is what has to happen. If they let om get an early lead it's over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Informal poll for those watching the game ??.

The Bro? Or The Manssiere?
    What about the "brossiere"?
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Man them okie boys got some pitching. Everyone they're running out there seems to be quality.

vCash
    Man them okie boys got some pitching. Everyone they're running out there seems to be quality.
    Hope they have plenty of it for the championship series. Whether it's Arky or OM

vCash
    I think that now that the bears top two pitchers are off the board, Hogs go to work on their lesser arms.

I really think Hogs win two in a row. They are the better team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Hope they have plenty of it for the championship series. Whether it's Arky or OM
    Yeah they all should be fresh cause it looks like they're wrapping up their side today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I think that now that the bears top two pitchers are off the board, Hogs go to work on their lesser arms.

I really think Hogs win two in a row. They are the better team.
    If the pigs can somehow win tonight, then it swings in their favor, imo. They gotta score early tonight and put the pressure on om and bianco, and get into the om pen.

vCash
    OU starter Sandlin threw an absolute gem today. 7 IP, 5 hits, 1 run 12 K's, threw 100 pitches.

vCash
    If the pigs can somehow win tonight, then it swings in their favor, imo. They gotta score early tonight and put the pressure on om and bianco, and get into the om pen.
    Limiting walks is the biggest key IMO. Ole Miss will get theirs but you can't have solo shots turning into 3-run homers like Monday because you keep giving out free passes.