No. 9 Texas +425
    No. 2 Stanford +500
    Notre Dame +500
    Arkansas +550
    Ole Miss +650
    No. 14 Auburn +700
    Oklahoma +700
    No. 5 Texas A&M +800

TAM seems better than this. End of the day, all solid teams. Probably every team thinks they can win it all.
    Dang Oklahoma and Auburn are extremely good value bets at +700. I have said since the beginning I thought it would be Arkansas and Texas though and I will stick by that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Is Florida State a play for Mini Mike?

Everybody thinks Link Jarrett for FSU.

Did Link Jarrett just make Notre Dame huge in baseball. You look at the roster, the kids are from Catholic HS from the whole nation. That's quite a pipeline of good families and good kids.
    I don't think Bianco is a possibility for FSU unless Link falls through- which I highly doubt will happen.

My guess is Bianco stays. Unless he just decides to retire- which I totally wouldn't blame him either. Quite frankly they haven't treated him very well IMO considering their recruiting footprint and where their program was when he took over. Basically they think that they should be doing whatever MSU is doing or better despite MSU literally having a 25 year head start. All of this pressure really started to heat up beginning in 2016. Not a coincidence. Basically they didn't extend him once in that time frame which was a really bad look for them and hurt their recruiting a little bit. And then they freaked out on him because he had the gall to interview for the head coaching job at his alma mater. Of course the real reason is they haven't won the SEC and gone to Omaha three years in a row with a National Championship. Which is really unfair since when they hired him all they wanted to do was go to Omaha. And he has done that- now twice. And do it with less fan commitment than MSU in a smaller footprint. When it's all said and done they'll be retiring his number though.

If he does retire and take another coaching job- not sure where he would go since Clemson and Baylor are now filled and FSU will basically be filled after Notre Dame is done in Omaha. USCw might be a good place for him to go with his reputation as a program builder. And probably would do much better with their foot print and much less pressure. If that were to happen he might be able to convince Gonzalez to follow him to LA. Oh yeah- and Bianco does have some ties to California. It would be a splash hire for USC- a guy with Skip Bertman ties that has been to Omaha twice and coached in the SEC. And their current AD has a baseball background so I wouldn't be shocked if they finally make a decent hire. This is the same AD that pulled Lincoln Riley so we'll see.

He also may just retire for a little bit like Polk did in the 1990's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Well, there is some interesting notes about the similarities. Last year, State had a good SEC season, then got blown out in the SEC tourney, only to turn around and win the whole thing. We got there from Dudy Noble. The Confederates got there the hard way on the road. Our pitching sucked in the SEC tourney, only to get hot in Omaha. The Jonnies pitching and hitting came together in time to get them to Omaha.

I believe, if they beat Auburn, they will play in the Finals. And I will be absolutely miserable. I prefer if an SEC team wins it, it be Arkansas. Their fanbase deserves it like ours did!
    Screw the Pigs. Their fans only go to the games for the concession stand.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    I'm gonna do you fellas a solid. I'm going to ride over to Vicksburg or up to Philadelphia and drop a couple bills on UM at +650 or whatever they happen to be at when I go. That should fix this little concern we have. And when you think of me, think well.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Yeah, I would hope it would.
    Also, if UM does make a deep run into the CWS, it is one of the craziest little brother things I have ever seen.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Yeah, I would hope it would.
    Also, if UM does make a deep run into the CWS, it is one of the craziest little brother things I have ever seen.
    Reminds me of our 2013 and their 2014. So far anyway.