Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennessee baseball

vCash

Tennessee baseball

I have been around a lot of guys that used steroids in my younger days playing baseball, and I am about as certain as one can be that Tennessee's players are on them. They rage when they're happy....

They rage when they're mad....

They hit mega bombs.

And I guess that's fine if they don't get caught. But it sure has got them looking trashy out there with all of that cocky roid raging.

And all of this is a direct reflection of their coach. Now you have cocky coaches, players, AND fans...fans throwing shit on the field, players getting ejected, coaches getting ejected, etc. If I was a Tennessee fan, I'd love the winning, but I'd also be saying we need the coach to clean this shit up because it's embarrassing the program. They went from an afterthought in baseball to being the most despised and classless team in the country in no time. And yes, it's fun being the villain if you're winning....but they are giving off a pretty trashy look these days, which is never good. Vitello can be a very rich man at the end of his career, but he won't if he doesn't learn how to class the joint up a bit.

vCash
    I called em the 80s Miami hurricanes version of a baseball team. I actually love them taking on this persona. College baseball needs someone to hate if it's ever gonna grow as a sport. I watch em just to see what they'll do next, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Now I loved ND beating em, but do we really want them to lose with OM and USM still alive?

vCash
    Baseball is the most humbling sport on the planet.

Tennessee's getting humbled this weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I called em the 80s Miami hurricanes version of a baseball team. I actually love them taking on this persona. College baseball needs someone to hate if it's ever gonna grow as a sport. I watch em just to see what they'll do next, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Now I loved ND beating em, but do we really want them to lose with OM and USM still alive?
    Miami of the 80's won some titles though......just saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Miami of the 80's won some titles though......just saying.
    That's true. Tenn is just hitting the scene now though. I wouldn't count them out this year just yet

vCash
    Bunch of bitches. I hope they lose tomorrow.

vCash
    Trash ass program

vCash

Plenty of the current teams in the Supers right now can beat OM or USM. I could see Oregon State winning it again this year...

vCash
    You bring up a very valid point. And one I've thought about. But, I just can't pull for those pricks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    You bring up a very valid point. And one I've thought about. But, I just can't pull for those pricks.
    The way I see it...if ND can beat Tennessee, they can beat OM/USM

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    The way I see it...if ND can beat Tennessee, they can beat OM/USM
    Another valid point.

vCash

Miami was legit. Tennessee is a bunch of redneck possers, and it shows with antics like last night.

vCash
    I hate seeing players, coaches and fans act like TN, it's not good for college baseball, I see things crashing and burning in the future for their trash coach and his nasty tactics! Cheaters get away with things for a while, but it catches up with them in time.

vCash
    TN is out of control. From throwing shit at football games to flipping off fans at a baseball game and cussing umps. The SEC should be ashamed for not stepping in more. And I'll be honest, baseball in general is headed down a bad path with all the bat flipping bullshit anyway. Sportsmanship is dying in athletics. It's pretty much mirroring our disrespectful, selfish, society. My kids did some of that shit, they'd be done. Emotion is good. Disrespect is not.

vCash
    I love the emotion and embracing the hate but they have gone overboard with it. Their last two games have personified that. Flipping off the other team rounding bases and then the Gilbert incident last night. It seems like they have this feeling of invincibility or that the rules simply do not apply to them and that starts from the top down. Vitello will need to rain that in this off-season or it will spiral out of control to the point that they get into a brawl and he and the program face serious repercussions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    TN is out of control. From throwing shit at football games to flipping off fans at a baseball game and cussing umps. The SEC should be ashamed for not stepping in more. And I'll be honest, baseball in general is headed down a bad path with all the bat flipping bullshit anyway. Sportsmanship is dying in athletics. It's pretty much mirroring our disrespectful, selfish, society. My kids did some of that shit, they'd be done. Emotion is good. Disrespect is not.
    Totally agree

vCash
    I think baseball in general could use some more fire but TN is always involved in something. If you are always in some drama it is probably you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I love the emotion and embracing the hate but they have gone overboard with it. Their last two games have personified that. Flipping off the other team rounding bases and then the Gilbert incident last night. It seems like they have this feeling of invincibility or that the rules simply do not apply to them and that starts from the top down. Vitello will need to rain that in this off-season or it will spiral out of control to the point that they get into a brawl and he and the program face serious repercussions.
    Yeah the flipping off should have resulted in suspensions / you do that in any other sport and you are immediately ejected

vCash
    Tennessee has always been like this. I remember when they came to Starkville Peyton's freshman year. That was the most horrible traveling fan base ever. Made the Coon Asses seem gracious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I have been around a lot of guys that used steroids in my younger days playing baseball, and I am about as certain as one can be that Tennessee's players are on them. They rage when they're happy....

They rage when they're mad....

They hit mega bombs.

And I guess that's fine if they don't get caught. But it sure has got them looking trashy out there with all of that cocky roid raging.

And all of this is a direct reflection of their coach. Now you have cocky coaches, players, AND fans...fans throwing shit on the field, players getting ejected, coaches getting ejected, etc. If I was a Tennessee fan, I'd love the winning, but I'd also be saying we need the coach to clean this shit up because it's embarrassing the program. They went from an afterthought in baseball to being the most despised and classless team in the country in no time. And yes, it's fun being the villain if you're winning....but they are giving off a pretty trashy look these days, which is never good. Vitello can be a very rich man at the end of his career, but he won't if he doesn't learn how to class the joint up a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Bunch of bitches. I hope they lose tomorrow.
    Yep and yep. Would give Big Rep to both of these posts if I had any