Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Regional Thread

vCash
    That little stadium didn't faze them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Notre Dame experienced the Dude in 2021, that joke of a high school field in Knoxville was no big deal
    Link Jarrett said during his in game interview that they experienced Dudy Noble last year and that this was "similar". I just laughed. Ain't even in the same ballpark, no pun intended.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Lol @ Tenn. 1 more, ND, and you better throw double birds after clinching out haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Lol @ Tenn. 1 more, ND, and you better throw double birds after clinching out haha
    Best coach in America***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Best coach in America***
    Even if they lose, I still say he's the best. What he's done at Tenn is amazing. He's a total douche though, and I hope he does lose. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the best team in baseball (college and pro) doesn't win with championships any consistency. It's almost always who gets hot at the right time.

vCash
    Even if they lose, I still say he's the best. What he's done at Tenn is amazing. He's a total douche though, and I hope he does lose. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the best team in baseball (college and pro) doesn't win with championships any consistency. It's almost always who gets hot at the right time.
    He's not the best coach in his own state. He's just more exciting currently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    He's not the best coach in his own state. He's just more exciting currently.
    So far, better winning % than Polk, augie, Corbin, and casey. Hell, he has a better winning % at tenne-freaking-see than mainieri did at LSU. Martin and Bertman are the only greats that I can think of that have a better winning % than Vitello so far. Look, I get it, he's a huge douche. He's a punk. He's also a super talented coach that is doing an amazing job at a school with no history in the best baseball conference in the country. Just think about - Tenn hadn't been to a regional in 14 year when he was hired...

vCash
    So far, better winning % than Polk, augie, Corbin, and casey. Hell, he has a better winning % at tenne-freaking-see than mainieri did at LSU. Martin and Bertman are the only greats that I can think of that have a better winning % than Vitello so far. Look, I get it, he's a huge douche. He's a punk. He's also a super talented coach that is doing an amazing job at a school with no history in the best baseball conference in the country. Just think about - Tenn hadn't been to a regional in 14 year when he was hired...
    I wouldn't say they have no history. They were pretty good under Delmonico in the 1990s and early 2000s. He got them to 3 CWS, 8 regionals, and won 3 SEC titles in 20 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I wouldn't say they have no history. They were pretty good under Delmonico in the 1990s and early 2000s. He got them to 3 CWS, 8 regionals, and won 3 SEC titles in 20 years.
    Good point then. I totally forgot that.

vCash
    Yea, if ND wins I guess they should do a victory lap around the field shooting the bird at all the TN fans. Apparently that is acceptable behavior these days. I still can't believe the TN player that did that didn't get ejected and suspended. If a football player in the SEC did that, a sport where emotions run much higher, he would have been penalized and ejected from the game and likely suspended. Not sure how the TN player got by with his actions with no consequences.

vCash
    Yeah well we had a coach that immediately took us to two CWS in his first two years. His wins/losses will average out just like Lemonis cws appearances will.

vCash
    Tn or any team in the Sec will not dominate for long, it's getting more balance every year in baseball.

vCash
    TN will not win another game this season. Best coach my ass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Tn or any team in the Sec will not dominate for long, it's getting more balance every year in baseball.
    Agreed

vCash
    If anyone just saw that out at the plate where the VT guy slid in and tried to get his hand to the plate, I thought it was against the rule in college for the catcher to block off the plate like the OK catcher did there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Good call

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Tennessee up 9-0 on a bunch of home runs this afternoon.

Also, every Bulldog is a Golden Eagle this afternoon.

vCash
    I don?t care who wins the CWS just so it?s not Ole Miss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I don?t care who wins the CWS just so it?s not Ole Miss
    Or usm, I agree

vCash
    I don't want another Mississippi team to win the CWS....ever