Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If we didn't beat Notre Dame last year......

vCash

If we didn't beat Notre Dame last year......

Would they have won it all? I remember in the supers thinking they were legit...

vCash
    I honestly think Texas would have won it. They were legit.

Notre Damn and Texas would have been playing each other to see who would have beaten Vandy. They tried to hand Vandy the title and we were just a little too hot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I honestly think Texas would have won it. They were legit.

Notre Damn and Texas would have been playing each other to see who would have beaten Vandy. They tried to hand Vandy the title and we were just a little too hot.
    Agree to all. ND was good last year. I hope they do well this year. Wouldn't hurt my feelings seeing TN lose

vCash
    I have been saying this for almost a year. I really believe at the end of the year Notre Dame was the 3rd best team in the country behind us and Texas. That team was absolutely legit and just ran into us in the Supers.

vCash
    No no no. The storyline is Notre Dame is not that good and thus TN losing is a wonderfully embarrassing humiliation. Work with me here folks.

vCash
    8-5, Bottom 7
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Hope they can hang on and expand that lead.

vCash
    Notre Dame bangs four HRs and takes Game 1 over TN 8-6.

TN center fielder and also pitching coach ejected in the 5th and thus will be suspended for the game tomorrow.

Vitello can not afford to get tossed in the 5th with his pitching coach already gone and has to STFU.

College baseball is fun again.

vCash
    I remember asking who was thought to be the best team that we played and most folks said Texas, I think that ND would have won had we not beaten them.

vCash
    I'm tellin you, last year, that game felt like an Omaha game

vCash
    Texas was the 2nd best team in the country last year. Our games with them were for the championship.

vCash
    If we playing the what if game, what if NC state hasnt gotten infested with Covid? I still think Covid did us a solid

ETA... I'm certainly not saying we would've lost to NC state. I do think it woulda been a great series. I thought us and nc state were the best 2 teams there at that point.
    Last edited by msstate7; 06-10-2022 at 09:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If we playing the what if game, what if NC state hasnt gotten infested with Covid? I still think Covid did us a solid
    NC State is who we were all hoping to face. Vandy would have beaten them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Maybe. Vandy beat them 3-1 when they only had 13 players available

vCash
    No way vandy beats them twice healthy

vCash
    IMO keeping your kids up to regulation health standards is part of sports. They failed to keep their entire team from COVID. We did the opposite. That sucks for NC State, but they weren't as rigorous as every other team in Omaha.

They knew they were in a COVID year just like everyone else. But didn't isolate infected players, or prevent necessary exposure like every other team from all over the continental US did. These coaches get paid up to millions of dollars. If COVID means you don't win it all, then you need to bend over backwards to prevent your entire roster from being infected.

If you can't field a team....who else is to blame?
    Last edited by ImissCityBagel; 06-10-2022 at 10:29 PM.

vCash
    Last year we had the bats to pretty much contend with any elite pitcher. Rowdy Jordan was our Jake Mangum (we don't have that this year). Tanner Allen made pitchers scared. Cumbest didn't swing at everything. We were clutch. I have no idea what happened this year, but we desperately need a Rowdey or Mangum. Just somebody that will usually put a ball in play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImissCityBagel View Post
    IMO keeping your kids up to regulation health standards is part of sports. They failed to keep their entire team from COVID. We did the opposite. That sucks for NC State, but they weren't as rigorous as every other team in Omaha.

They knew they were in a COVID year just like everyone else. But didn't isolate infected players, or prevent necessary exposure like every other team from all over the continental US did. These coaches get paid up to millions of dollars. If COVID means you don't win it all, then you need to bend over backwards to prevent your entire roster from being infected.

If you can't field a team....who else is to blame?
    I didnf say they were at no fault. I think the whole making college age kids getting tested when they aren't sick is dumb though.

vCash
    Texas was the 2nd best team in the country last year. Our games with them were for the championship.
    No doubt about that. Winner of that was going to be the champion COVID or not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

ETA... I'm certainly not saying we would've lost to NC state. I do think it woulda been a great series. I thought us and nc state were the best 2 teams there at that point.
    I still think we would have beaten NC State. We had the hottest pitchers in the tournament in Bednar and Sims. Both were literally unhittable.

Harding and Preston were both very good too.

We had enough offense and I think we caught fire with the bats when we got to the finals.

There's always what if's every year in Omaha. We probably win it all in 1985 if we take Morgan out after his injury for example. Probably win it all in 2013 with a healthy Brandon Woodruff too.

So we were due.