Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why we didn?t sign Mosely emerges

vCash

Why we didn?t sign Mosely emerges

Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    We don't even have a fighting chance against Missouri. Much less blue bloods

vCash
    Yikes. College sports are over. They had a good run.

vCash
    Good for him. I'd take an offer like that too

vCash
    That used to get you lack of institutional control.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Yikes. College sports are over. They had a good run.
    According to what you want. It's gonna make Cinderella seasons like our 2014 extinct, but I think it's gonna make it extremely difficult for bama to just continue dominating. Once richer programs figure out they can buy a championship legally, they will. This will create some parity among the Haves... not such a great deal for us Have Nots

vCash
    Surely we could have paid him 250K. It sounds like the house and car may have been a deal breaker. This probably goes back to MSU being late to organize.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Surely we could have paid him 250K. It sounds like the house and car may have been a deal breaker. This probably goes back to MSU being late to organize.
    That nil $ not counting what's under the table. Which still happens. So no we couldn't

vCash
    And this is the type of stuff that ADs will hopefully eventually fix as that?s not NIL related in what was intended. It?s not selling tshirts or signed basketballs.

I think eventually what you are going to see is an NIL department where each school had a compliance officer and all NIL deals have to be approved through the larger entity.

Certain things will be restricted. That?s going to be a long list and it will take a lot of attempts and amendments to get it right.

None of it will matter though if they can?t agree to strict penalties for buying recruits or having contact with existing players before they enter the portal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    And this is the type of stuff that ADs will hopefully eventually fix as that?s not NIL related in what was intended. It?s not selling tshirts or signed basketballs.

I think eventually what you are going to see is an NIL department where each school had a compliance officer and all NIL deals have to be approved through the larger entity.

Certain things will be restricted. That?s going to be a long list and it will take a lot of attempts and amendments to get it right.

None of it will matter though if they can?t agree to strict penalties for buying recruits or having contact with existing players before they enter the portal
    Strict penalties for buying recruits!!??? We?ve had that for years but for who??? Whoever is at the whim of the NCAA that?s who. You cant ever trust them to ever properly decide who gets investigated.

Theyre not even equipped to make investigations or to even know how to properly conduct one, they?ve proven that.
    Last edited by Schultzy; 06-09-2022 at 10:38 PM.

vCash
    We better just keep loading the wagon for baseball. It's the only thing we stand a chance at winning in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    That nil $ not counting what's under the table. Which still happens. So no we couldn't
    I see. I don't understand why people would do that with NIL though.

vCash
    Must not have been enough $initiative$ in The Bulldog Initiative.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    We better just keep loading the wagon for baseball. It's the only thing we stand a chance at winning in.
    But for how much longer? The haves like Tam, Texas will just outbid us with NIL deals that we can?t touch. It?s already happening at Tam in football. Jimbo just purchased the best, on paper, recruiting class ever for Tam. This is really the nail in coffin for us have nots and for college sports in general. And it really does piss me off because college sports is something I really enjoy. Not now!

vCash
    It's just ridiculous IMO for college sports. I imagine it's gonna create a mess for coaches and the locker room want be equal with a bunch of players. Wait till some unknown beats out someone like Mosely, I suppose money will override what coaches will do.

vCash
    17 it. Move on. Not many kids are worth that. And half of those will fail because they'll party it up and blow all that money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I see. I don't understand why people would do that with NIL though.
    It's still "expected".

vCash
    The problem is simply this?..WE are trying to raise $3mm for NIL deals. The same people that are already big supporters to the Bulldog Club and MSU in general are being asked to give more for NOTHING in return. This NIL is going to crush us, and when the product goes south so does support. The fan base will stop bc the cost outweighs the results vs SEC opponents. Attendance will continue to struggle. There?s no level playing field in college athletics, and it?s going to get worse now. Kids will take the money for a year or 2 then hit the portal and get a new deal from a new school. I hope it all burns down to the ground, and takes no prisoners when it does. All of these players getting this money better get their taxes in order, bc the IRS is looming in the background. Nobody screws Uncle Sam out of his cut!!!

vCash
    I really hope from the bottom of my heart thats not true.

These sports are dead. Feels like im in denial not wanting to believe it

vCash
    This has been happening in football behind the curtain for awhile. College baseball has been the closest thing to truly amateur sport we have and now unfortunately it’s dead as we’ve known it. Sad times.