Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Memo to Coach Leach: IT and I mean IT is TIME Damnit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Will scrambled for a few first downs last year. One of the most memorable was AU late in the first half when we starting to put things together. Getting that first down alone was effing huge. We scored a td three plays later, iirc.
    Will's gonna be just fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Our schedule is very tough every year, and drawing Georgia as our rotating East opponent makes it even tough than usual.

However, Arizona is the weakest team in the P5 other than Vanderbilt, and Memphis/Bowling Green both at home makes for a fairly easy non-conference slate. If we are less than 4-0 outside the SEC, that's a huge oof for Leach.

Inside the SEC, we should have at least a solid chance against LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, and Kentucky. I bet we get more than 2 of those.
    This is a good take.

The offense made a lot of strides last season and I expect it to run even more smoothly this year. Will was the most inexperienced QB Leach has ever had. He hasn't even gotten into his peak seasons yet as a college player.

I think our defense will be better too. I don't think they'll remind anyone of 1980, 1999, or 2018. But I do think we will be solid. Hopefully Jordan Davis, Demonte Russell, and Trevion Williams can provide a better pass rush and we added new safeties. in Matthews and Morant plus Nicholson and Banks at the CB spot. I think Tyrus Wheat has a breakout year too with a better pass rush up front too.

We also added new kickers which in and of itself cost us at least 2-3 losses last year alone.

vCash
    1. We aren't winning 10.
    2. Questions on the OL and With pass rush.
    3. Whether some admit it or not, QB has something to prove
    4. Who steps up at WR?

I can't see more than 8 wins on the schedule. One better be OM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    1. We aren't winning 10.
    2. Questions on the OL and With pass rush.
    3. Whether some admit it or not, QB has something to prove
    4. Who steps up at WR?

I can't see more than 8 wins on the schedule. One better be OM.
    1. Unless we get lucky probably not. But if we have a K we win 9 last year with a less experienced team without its overall best player.

2. Jordan Davis is back. Overall best player on the team. Him Wheat and Charlton is a good pressure trio. The C and Gs will be very good. I feel really good about one of the tackles. Kam Jones can start at T if we are just getting abused. It wont be any worse than Lashley.

3. Will is going to be better. But if anyone still has doubts about him it is just on you at this point. He was noodle arm then he is now concrete shoes. If he has a noodle arm and concrete shoes and still has won on the road in the SEC at some of these powerhouses yall fear he must be doing something right. Not to mention leading the nation in completion percentage and yards. Only 5 picks and about 40 tds. He will be fine and he will be the starter till he decides he is done here or time runs out. I just dont understand how out of all our supposed problems we bitch about the QB. Part of playing the position I guess.

4. Antonio Harmon Tulu Griffin RaRa Thomas Mosley and Ducking all together outside will be just as good if not better than Polk. Inside receivers are fine.

Anything less than 7 wins and the egg would be a massive massive failure and I will be looking for my pitchfork

vCash
    And please God before any of yall say Will lead the country in completion percentage bc we throw it a lot and throw a lot to the RBs. Matt corral lead the nation in bubble passes and key screens and yall slobbered over him. Which is exactly why he would struggle in the air raid. It is one of the easiest offenses to run in the country.

If you throw it as much as we do you better be pretty damn good to complete all those passes or you are in trouble. Double edged sword there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Cross is not on this team. The o lines when cross was here had some holes. Leach and His o line coach can and will have better o lines than what we?ve had just based on stacking recruiting classes. Leach will never have a run first q b but he will have guys who can avoid a sack and run for a first down if it?s open. It will also open up the defense when he gets one of these blue chip recruits who has a big arm who can stretch the field vertically and throw sideline to sideline.

You have to recruit pass blocking O lines and stack/build recruiting classes. It?s nonsense to say ?nope he can?t ever have a better o line here?.

The kid he?s looking at from FSU is a very mobile q b
    You are thinking in terms of how college football used to be. This is the NIL Era now. Things are going to change greatly over the next few years with us getting scraps. This is Leach?s only shot this Fall.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    6 wins tops. We will struggle to get there.
    Name our 6 losses with a potential 7th

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSwamp View Post
    I mean I think we go 8-4 but technically we don?t play Vandy, Mizzou or USC this year so none of the 8 SEC games are guaranteed wins. When Auburn is probably the most likely win that says a lot about our schedule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    You are thinking in terms of how college football used to be. This is the NIL Era now. Things are going to change greatly over the next few years with us getting scraps. This is Leach?s only shot this Fall.
    If that is true then it wouldn’t just be the o line that is hampered but we wouldn’t get good players at any position.

It remains to be seen how much we get affected by NIL but I don’t agree that Leach can’t ever recruit and develop a better o line that what we have now. Of course he can given the time.

It takes time to get the right pass blocking group and to have depth and experience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I mean I think we go 8-4 but technically we don?t play Vandy, Mizzou or USC this year so none of the 8 SEC games are guaranteed wins. When Auburn is probably the most likely win that says a lot about our schedule.
    8-4 is what we should expect in my opinion I am not one saying 10-2. Every year teams will win a couple they shouldnt and drop a couple they shouldnt so we could be anywhere from 6-6 if we wind up not winning some we should to 10-2 if we dont drop any we shouldnt and win some we are not expecting to. My point was there aint 6 guaranteed losses on the schedule - much less 7

vCash
    Memphis - W - Should always be a W when at home
    Arizona - W - Ill take the seasoned qb in week 2
    LSU - toss - it is in Baton Rouge but we will see if they have had time to gel or not. Lots of transfers and such with a new staff. could get that first year new coach bump, could be a hot mess.
    Bowling Green - W - nuff said
    TAMU - toss - we beat them at their house last year we should not expect to lose - there prime croots are freshmen
    Arky - toss - home game helps but they have the advantage in the trenches on offense
    Ky - toss - it is still kentucky. That is never a certain win or loss
    Bama - loss - track record to strong to argue
    Auburn - win - I think itll be a hot mess on the plains
    Georgia - loss - loaded team again but itll be closer than it wouldve been in 2021
    East Tenn - win - nuff said
    Old Piss - win - Kiffin barely won when he had Correl and we now have the qb advantage

Wins = 6
    Losses = 2
    Toss up = 4

vCash
    I'm not saying we should win 10 but as a developmental program- the only time that is going to happen is when we have alot of Jr's and Sr's.

That is the case in 2022.

We seem to be on this 4 year trend. Our best teams in recent history have been in 2010, 2014, 2018, and now 2022.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I'm not saying we should win 10 but as a developmental program- the only time that is going to happen is when we have alot of Jr's and Sr's.

That is the case in 2022.

We seem to be on this 4 year trend. Our best teams in recent history have been in 2010, 2014, 2018, and now 2022.
    boom. Well said

vCash
    9 regular season wins and a bowl win - is a great season.

We can get there. He will have to win the games he is supposed to and not lose to the teams he shouldn't.

vCash
    LSU - toss - it is in Baton Rouge but we will see if they have had time to gel or not. Lots of transfers and such with a new staff. could get that first year new coach bump, could be a hot mess.
    TAMU - toss - we beat them at their house last year we should not expect to lose - there prime croots are freshmen
    Arky - toss - home game helps but they have the advantage in the trenches on offense
    Georgia - loss - loaded team again but itll be closer than it wouldve been in 2021
    Old Piss - win - Kiffin barely won when he had Correl and we now have the qb advantage

Wins = 6
    Losses = 2
    Toss up = 4
    Good post. I think 8-4 with a bowl win would be a good year, especially given that sec slate.

Arkansas game was blatantly stolen last year as was the Memphis game. I hope we lay it on the pigs after that BS last year.

vCash
    BG and E. Tenn are the only sure wins. Memphis and Arizona should be. The rest are iffy at best.

vCash

Wins = 6
    Losses = 2
    Toss up = 4
    Good post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Good post. I think 8-4 with a bowl win would be a good year, especially given that sec slate.

Arkansas game was blatantly stolen last year as was the Memphis game. I hope we lay it on the pigs after that BS last year.
    I would love to lay it on Arkansas. You tell me we are able to run away with that game, and I get to dreaming real quick. Means our trenches are nasty if we could run away with that one

vCash
    thats some Croom era expectations. Its ok friend - we are not that team anymore. We aint where we wanna be but we damn sure aint where we were

vCash
    I would love to lay it on Arkansas. You tell me we are able to run away with that game, and I get to dreaming real quick. Means our trenches are nasty if we could run away with that one
    I think the defense especially d line is going to be pretty salty. Receivers should be better, o line is the big question mark IMO. We should be able to run it pretty well, pass protection is a concern. I’m anxious to see Hargrove.