Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 554

Thread: Baseball Tranfers

  1. #521
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    9,206
    vCash
    966500
    One thing to keep in mind with all these transfers, and I mean this towards myself because I'll be the first to freak out, is that they aren't going to come in immediately and set the world on fire. Some might, but SEC pitching takes a little while to get used to. Most of these dudes haven't seen 96 with movement with a wipeout slider. Not all of them will be an RJ Yeager. Some will be a Scotty Dubrule.

    But hopefully by the time we hit postseason play, we'll be rolling, and that's all that matters.

  2. #522
    Senior Member StarkVegasSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    3,004
    vCash
    98074
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    One thing to keep in mind with all these transfers, and I mean this towards myself because I'll be the first to freak out, is that they aren't going to come in immediately and set the world on fire. Some might, but SEC pitching takes a little while to get used to. Most of these dudes haven't seen 96 with movement with a wipeout slider. Not all of them will be an RJ Yeager. Some will be a Scotty Dubrule.

    But hopefully by the time we hit postseason play, we'll be rolling, and that's all that matters.
    Even RJ took time. Hell for about a month he was BAD. Got benched a couple of times during that stretch. But when he turned it around, he lit on the world on fire for 2 months.

  3. #523
    Senior Member StarkVegasSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    3,004
    vCash
    98074
    Quote Originally Posted by No BS Dawg View Post
    What are you hearing?! Please share details!
    If we survive the visit to Arkansas, we will be extremely confident.

  4. #524
    Senior Member WSOPdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,437
    vCash
    81875000
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    If we survive the visit to Arkansas, we will be extremely confident.
    When is his visit to Arkansas?

  5. #525
    Senior Member No BS Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    310
    vCash
    3287
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    If we survive the visit to Arkansas, we will be extremely confident.
    Gotcha. With him still taking visits, I?d better reign in my excitement. I was hoping maybe you had word he was ready or close to making the call to the us. Dang, we really need him. Hope he realizes that. Guess everybody needs him too, though.

  6. #526
    Senior Member Hambone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    NW MS
    Posts
    1,602
    vCash
    96009
    Sounds like we are getting an announcement today or tomorrow on someone

  7. #527
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,201
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    If we survive the visit to Arkansas, we will be extremely confident.
    I’ll point out to him that Arkansas is likely to make the CWS, only to have Van Horn save him until after they are put out.

  8. #528
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,787
    vCash
    3200
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Maybe so. But remember you have to have priorities. We had glaring holes in the outfield at second and on the mound. Only so much scholarship money and nil money to go around. Also he's a draft risk.
    Very true!

  9. #529
    Our 500th Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    443
    vCash
    3200
    We just got Will Hoyle, a 2B from Duke. Not sure where he fits in. His stats aren't good at all from that I've seen so far 🤷

  10. #530
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    9,206
    vCash
    966500
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    We just got Will Hoyle, a 2B from Duke. Not sure where he fits in. His stats aren't good at all from that I've seen so far 🤷
    Probably gonna be a bench bat, defensive replacement, and pinch runner.

  11. #531
    Our 500th Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    443
    vCash
    3200
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Probably gonna be a bench bat, defensive replacement, and pinch runner.
    Just saw that he has experience at SS too. Interesting.

  12. #532
    Senior Member No BS Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    310
    vCash
    3287
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    We just got Will Hoyle, a 2B from Duke. Not sure where he fits in. His stats aren't good at all from that I've seen so far 🤷
    Yeah, not sure on this one unless it?s added depth. Also had 12 stolen bases, so may be a top tier pinch runner when needed. I hope this wasn?t the pick-up Robbie Faulk was referring to today. My hopes were in other positions.
    Last edited by No BS Dawg; 07-02-2022 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Correct number of stolen bases

  13. #533
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,779
    vCash
    3700
    Just a guy battling for a spot... no different than a lot of others. Somebody has to be part of the 8 not on aid. May the best man win.

  14. #534
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    19,534
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Just a guy battling for a spot... no different than a lot of others. Somebody has to be part of the 8 not on aid. May the best man win.
    You are correct, sir!

  15. #535
    Senior Member WSOPdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,437
    vCash
    81875000
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    We just got Will Hoyle, a 2B from Duke. Not sure where he fits in. His stats aren't good at all from that I've seen so far ��
    So with Larry incoming at 2nd base, and now with Hoyle, what about Nate Chester - one of our first transfers a few weeks ago? Maybe all of these guys can provide necessary MI depth.

  16. #536
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    19,534
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    So with Larry incoming at 2nd base, and now with Hoyle, what about Nate Chester - one of our first transfers a few weeks ago? Maybe all of these guys can provide necessary MI depth.
    Hoyle can play ss or 3B too, provided he wins a roster spot. Lot of competition for spots this fall and that's a good thing.

  17. #537
    Senior Member TNDawg35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,243
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Hoyle can play ss or 3B too, provided he wins a roster spot. Lot of competition for spots this fall and that's a good thing.
    I think Lemonis has pretty much told everyone you don’t have a spot. Everything up for grabs and I don’t care if you have been here 5 years, your fighting for a spot. Which is what he should have done.

  18. #538
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,779
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I think Lemonis has pretty much told everyone you don’t have a spot. Everything up for grabs and I don’t care if you have been here 5 years, your fighting for a spot. Which is what he should have done.
    There will be 27 people w a spot and they know it. The 27 on scholarship. It's the rest that aren't safe. Those will all be up for grabs.

  19. #539
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    19,534
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    There will be 27 people w a spot and they know it. The 27 on scholarship. It's the rest that aren't safe. Those will all be up for grabs.
    Yep.

  20. #540
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,218
    vCash
    3100
    As good as om bats were, it was alpha pitching that won it for them at the show in omaha.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.