Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Tranfers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    I bet LSU wants to win more NC?s. My concern is Cohen and Keenum are satisfied with the 1 on that fence and will not do what needs to be done! I perceive a Coach who likes to coach from their seat? like Our former women?s basketball coach and Lemonis, are just not going to go all in to get the players it takes in the new market. I don?t believe Leach will either. I think he is counting on his reputation to bring in skill players and the type of staff to fight like hell to Winn recruiting battles!
    Damn, you couldn't be more wrong

vCash
    Well actually I could be more wrong. But I guarantee you they ain?t committed yet. I hate to keep repeating it but if you ain?t cheating BETTER than the other cheaters these days, you ain?t trying to WIN!

vCash
    It’s also mind blowing to me the amount of melt across all boards after one damn bad year.

We will not be this bad again for a while. My reasoning? We never have been.

We are getting really good players and will be adding more real soon. We haven’t forgotten how to win here.

vCash
    Well actually I could be more wrong. But I guarantee you they ain?t committed yet. I hate to keep repeating it but if you ain?t cheating BETTER than the other cheaters these days, you ain?t trying to WIN!
    Cheating is still a thing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    It’s also mind blowing to me the amount of melt across all boards after one damn bad year.

We are getting really good players and will be adding more real soon. We haven’t forgotten how to win here.
    This. The melt has been almost comical to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post

This season wouldn't have been like this had our pitching staff not literally imploded with injuries. No question in my mind about that.

So we must do two things:

1. Figure out why we had so many injuries and correct that.

2. Focus more on higher end talent pitchers who can come in and contribute quickly and less on projects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Not saying we didn't have a shot I'm just saying that his deal was pretty much done before his season was even over. I heard day after supers he was headed to uf and nothing happens that quick without prior communication. And then lsu got involved. Couple kids on usm I coached and/or know pretty well.
    I'm just asking to see if there is a reason we wouldn't have gotten him to come here. Maybe late to the party?

vCash
    I bet LSU wants to win more NC?s. My concern is Cohen and Keenum are satisfied with the 1 on that fence and will not do what needs to be done! I perceive a Coach who likes to coach from their seat? like Our former women?s basketball coach and Lemonis, are just not going to go all in to get the players it takes in the new market. I don?t believe Leach will either. I think he is counting on his reputation to bring in skill players and the type of staff to fight like hell to Winn recruiting battles!
    Jesus. Christ.

vCash
    Are we not in it with Tate Parker from PRcC? He was named nation Juco player of the year and is an outfielder. Hell we need another one. I see he is committed to USM. If we have other teams contacting our guys that are not even in the portal, why are we not trying to flip some of these other guys?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Are we not in it with Tate Parker from PRcC? He was named nation Juco player of the year and is an outfielder. Hell we need another one. I see he is committed to USM. If we have other teams contacting our guys that are not even in the portal, why are we not trying to flip some of these other guys?
    Tate has to stay close to home for certain reasons and thats why he's going to usm. Some things aren't as cut and dried as just offering a player money,etc.. Sometimes family matters come into play.

I've known Tate and his family since the coach pitch days. We go back a long way.

vCash
    it ain't cheating no more is the problem. We simply don't have the NIL deals. You want better players then you and 10,000 or your friends need to get in 6 figure range to get them. We don't have Billionaires in our mist like Miami.

vCash
    Delucia is reaching out to shark fans today for an NIL deal to come back next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    This. The melt has been almost comical to watch.
    Sorry, nothing at all comical about dropping from National Champ all the way to last in the West and not even making Hoover. Hope our rebuild is very successful for 2023. Hail State!

vCash
    Like where we sit with a couple of pitchers right now. Should be getting some positive news in the next 3-5 days.

Things remain the same with Skenes and it is basically down to Knight and Groff for the last outfield spot, may be a who commits first type of thing.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Like where we sit with a couple of pitchers right now. Should be getting some positive news in the next 3-5 days.

Things remain the same with Skenes and it is basically down to Knight and Groff for the last outfield spot, may be a who commits first type of thing.
    Who is Knight?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post

Fingers crossed but we should come out of this in pretty good shape. The next week should be pretty good.

vCash
    Aaron Nixon just committed.

vCash
    Really nice pickup for the bullpen.

vCash
    This is the kind of pickup I've been waiting on. Solid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    The commute from Wiggins to Hattiesburg everyday is doable. The commute from Wiggins to Starkville is not.