Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
Butch capitalizing on his current season on the recruiting trail...wish our guy had done that last year around this time, and maybe we wouldn't be in the situation we are now.

No days off in recruiting in the SEC in any sport...I don't understand why State can't seem to hire people that understand this. Recruiting has to be a passion of the coach in this league...and frankly, the money is so good that it should be demanded and expected. Lemonis clearly let his foot off the gas last year and got lazy. He can fix it, but it's a damn shame that it got to this point so quickly, and on the heels of a Natty. That just can't happen. I know I'm beating a dead horse, it just kills me when we fail to build off of good seasons in any sport. Happens too much here.

The baseball portal updates on guy like Groff, are starting to sound a lot like the Moseley situation in hoops...a lot of noise and nothing to show for it. Really need to start closing these guys. We are no longer the shiniest object in the room, and as Omaha progresses, we will only look less appealing.
Unfortunately, recency bias is a thing. People tend to remember the most recent events, and we recently looked like poo. Should have capitalized more when we were in Omaha. Of course, we can still get some players, but it's funny how fast the shine gets knocked off that natty when you look as bad as we did this year. Add to that your in state and SEC rivals still playing, and it's hard to swallow.