Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
I’ve been out of the loop. Who is Nixon? And what are the prospects with Thatcher Hurd?
Nixon is the closer from Texas who beat us the game before the Tanner Leggett walk off game. Hurd is likely a LSU lean at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
What happened with the Tulane outfielder?
Ethan Groff seems to be possibly an either/or with Knight. The one we don't get may end up at Ole Miss.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
Maybe so. He has to get better at getting those hits with runners on base.
I think part of the problem was Kam isn't a two hole hitter IMO. He's much better in the 3-6 hole like we had him in 2021. Also part of the problem was lineup construction to a degree. We didn't really have a consistent leadoff hitter for awhile and when Yeager took over he started hitting all those home runs! Poor Kam.

Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
I believe it's better than 50/50 he comes back and don't be surprised if he's in the outfield(probably cf).
I would kind of be surprised as we are targeting CF in the portal, expect Kellum Clark to be back, and have already added Ledbetter and I haven't heard of any third basemen that we're after. From what I have heard there really isn't a concensus on where he fits. You talk to one scout and he'll say that Kam is an OF. Talk to another and he may say that he is a second baseman. Another may think he's a third baseman. Definitely some moving parts here but the only way I see Kam in the outfield is if he comes back to school which I agree with the 50/50 assessment and honestly it may be more like 60/40 that he comes back. Then the other part is we're going to have to miss on Knight and Groff and I don't think that will happen.