Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Tranfers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Guess this season soured me on Foxhall developing anyone. Only pitcher that improved from last season to this season was Cade Smith.
    Preston was pretty good also.

vCash
    Its really all about what kind of quality pitching we bring in. Another position player or two would be nice but we have enough already on the team to piece together a solid lineup and defense. If we don't get some more arms though its not going to matter just like it didn't matter this yaar.
    Some of those arms need to be SEC quality from the left side, asap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck3124 View Post
    Has anybody heard anything else on Jacob Gonzales?
    Why in the world would a player playing in the World Series for Ole Miss want to transfer to our questionable rebuild in 2023? I'll wait.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Preston was pretty good also.
    ERA went to 5.47 this year from 3.82 last year. I know he pitched more innings as a starter this year but I would still say he regressed.

vCash
    He's a dinger machine that's for sure......

vCash
    ERA went to 5.47 this year from 3.82 last year. I know he pitched more innings as a starter this year but I would still say he regressed.
    He would be much better as a reliever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    He would be much better as a reliever.
    Yeah PJ is middle inning reliever. He pitched well this year but we had to extend him many times past the point where he was effective(see the Tennessee game), because our pen was so bad. If we had any kind of pen his era would be much lower. Anyone that could hold that Tennessee team to one run into the 8th inning is a pretty dang good pitcher.

vCash
    Guess this season soured me on Foxhall developing anyone. Only pitcher that improved from last season to this season was Cade Smith.
    Preston Johnson says hi

vCash
    As I've said before he's on the clock. If he develops Fristoe, Hunt, and Pico and Holcombe contributes some that will be a step in the right direction.

vCash
    I wonder what he will attempt to change with Pico to improve control. He has similar stuff to Elliott of the sharks but can't be consistent near the zone. The "throw it by em" approach doesn't work in this case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    I wonder what he will attempt to change with Pico to improve control. He has similar stuff to Elliott of the sharks but can't be consistent near the zone. The "throw it by em" approach doesn't work in this case.
    He and Elliot are similar only that they are left handed. One is a Fb/ elite change w a decent cb. The other is Fb curve w a very marginal change. Velo is advantage Elliot by a tad. Neither will pitch in the big leagues but both can be good/ very good college pitchers

vCash
    Tommy White and Christian Little to LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VandelayIndustries View Post
    Well LSU ain't ****in' around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VandelayIndustries View Post
    Apparently we are. Oh well, we had a good run.

vCash
    We will see who we end up with, and I’m not going to judge it until it’s all over, but you can’t help but feel uneasy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    We will see who we end up with, and I?m not going to judge it until it?s all over, but you can?t help but feel uneasy.
    There is no way this ends well at this point imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    LSU is loosing a ton to the portal and draft. Jay Johnson has been very candid that they would be active in the portal and not wait on the draft. He has said they would figure it out after the draft. Which to me is what you should do. Not wait til after the draft to start hitting the portal.

Now I actually feel better about what we have after looking at everything. We will be better next year and really good the following year. Remember, this is Lemonis lowest rated class he has.

Oh and if Little was that good, he would have pitched this year for Vandy. We tore his ass up in Omaha and then he hasn’t really been good since. He is a head case and thinks he should be a lot more than what he actually is. That’s the game you play when you get 1st rounders to school, they want the moon and back and cry when they don’t get it.

Now Tommy White in that stadium scares me. He gonna be hitting baseballs over the intimidator in right field. But he is one guy. One guy can’t beat you in baseball.

vCash
    One guy can?t beat you in baseball.

Unless it's a pitcher.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    You might be surprised. Let it play out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    LSU is loosing a ton to the portal and draft. Jay Johnson has been very candid that they would be active in the portal and not wait on the draft. He has said they would figure it out after the draft. Which to me is what you should do. Not wait til after the draft to start hitting the portal.

Now I actually feel better about what we have after looking at everything. We will be better next year and really good the following year. Remember, this is Lemonis lowest rated class he has.

Oh and if Little was that good, he would have pitched this year for Vandy. We tore his ass up in Omaha and then he hasn?t really been good since. He is a head case and thinks he should be a lot more than what he actually is. That?s the game you play when you get 1st rounders to school, they want the moon and back and cry when they don?t get it.

Now Tommy White in that stadium scares me. He gonna be hitting baseballs over the intimidator in right field. But he is one guy. One guy can?t beat you in baseball.
    Yea agree Little doesn?t scare me but getting White makes that lineup even more scarier