Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Tranfers

vCash
    Josh Day from Mizzou is in the portal. He's from Natchez and went to Co-Lin. Played SS and hit .340 with 7 HRs for the tigers this year.

He's a draft risk but you absolutely have to make a run at him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Josh Day from Mizzou is in the portal. He's from Natchez and went to Co-Lin. Played SS and hit .340 with 7 HRs for the tigers this year.

He's a draft risk but you absolutely have to make a run at him.
    He was the one that went yard to win game 3 against us this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    He was the one that went yard to win game 3 against us this year.
    Correct. He's your lead off guy next if you get him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    1) Arm issues are going to happen especially considering how many games these kids play even before arriving on campus. Could some of it be Foxhall of course but he wasn?t an issue till this year.

2) Mechanics has very little to do with control and more to do with velo. Focus has more to do with control. See Fristoe. Great one inning horrible the next.

3) Lemo makes the final decisions so wouldn?t this be on him?

4) Maybe or maybe not. When you have limited pitchers and pitchers who struggle at times you are going to become predictable. You are always going to try to get ahead in the count and if you don?t have pitchers who are comfortable with anything other than one pitch at that time you are going to call it.

5) That?s on Lemo as much as it is Foxhall again
    1. Maybe our staff and players didn't condition themselves as well as they should have coming off of a National Championship? I can understand 2-3 injuries. Six is excessive. And that needs to be looked at and addressed by the MSU staff.

2. If your mechanics are off it absolutely can affect command and control. And if your pitching coach focuses mostly on velo in recruiting they better be elite at teaching command because throwing 97 to the backstop is just as worthless as 65 to the backstop. Even in MLB today there are pitchers who are some of the best that absolutely live at 92.

3. It is on Lemonis. That doesn't mean that Lemonis is the the root cause. Just that he is responsible for making sure it gets fixed.

4. That's 100% in the pitching coach with our coaching set up. And even with your rebuttal that goes back to issue number one. So it's still the fault of the staff.

5. That is on Lemonis at least partially. Part of the input comes from the pitching coach on that though. "Tullar is going to be really good next year coach and Walling is going to be elite. We'll be fine coach."

vCash
    Last year was some of the best pitching management I've ever seen. Not sure I understand the hate for Foxhall after one bad year. If our pitching sucks again next year, I'll be in the bashing crowd also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It is on Lemonis. That doesn't mean that Lemonis is the the root cause. Just that he is responsible for making sure it gets fixed.
    It is time for Lemonis to enter Ricky Bobby mode and wake up every morning and "piss excellence".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Last year was some of the best pitching management I've ever seen. Not sure I understand the hate for Foxhall after one bad year. If our pitching sucks again next year, I'll be in the bashing crowd also.
    In what way?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I'm guessing we're not getting McCants anymore?
    I asked that yesterday. Also is he bringing Gonzalez?****** Got crickets for a reply who stated this rumor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I asked that yesterday. Also is he bringing Gonzalez?****** Got crickets for a reply who stated this rumor.
    That was speculation back when Ole Miss was ready to fire Bianco from over a month ago. I do not believe that will happen at this time.

vCash
    That was speculation back when Ole Miss was ready to fire Bianco from over a month ago. I do not believe that will happen at this time.
    No kidding.

vCash
    In what way?
    The way we saved arms all season long like our fanbase was bitching every weekend because Sims couldn't throw more that 1-2 innings a weekend. Then when we needed him to win a Natty he was strong. He could go 3-4 innings. Bednar was brought along nicely as well and moved from Saturday to our ace for the World Series. Those are just two things that jump out at me right now. I remember thinking that Foxhall did great last year.

vCash
    The way we saved arms all season long like our fanbase was bitching every weekend because Sims couldn't throw more that 1-2 innings a weekend. Then when we needed him to win a Natty he was strong. He could go 3-4 innings. Bednar was brought along nicely as well and moved from Saturday to our ace for the World Series. Those are just two things that jump out at me right now. I remember thinking that Foxhall did great last year.
    I?m not bashing Foxhall, but remember last year was different for everyone because of roster numbers. This year is more indicative of what Foxhall will have to work with. Any idiot could manage a 2021 pitching staff, because everyone had tons of bodies. Pitching wise, we need to recruit better, identify talent better, and coach better. The injuries this year were hopefully just bad luck.

vCash
    If we arent after the Mizzou kid then I will be concerned

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    If we arent after the Mizzou kid then I will be concerned
    We are after him, draft is big concern with him right now.

vCash
    I thought you were talking about this year. LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    I?m not bashing Foxhall, but remember last year was different for everyone because of roster numbers. This year is more indicative of what Foxhall will have to work with. Any idiot could manage a 2021 pitching staff, because everyone had tons of bodies. Pitching wise, we need to recruit better, identify talent better, and coach better. The injuries this year were hopefully just bad luck.
    Again, that is where you also have to look at a guys long term track record. When Fox came here he was considered one of the best in the game and his staffs have historically produced. Fox has been here 4 seasons and had one bad season. Set aside people carping about "I wouldn't call that pitch" or "i would have yanked him an inning earlier" and look at our overall. 2019 - 4th in ERA in the SEC, 1st in K's, 4th in walks allowed, 5th in BA against and set school record for K's; 2020 - our staff was real legit, but it hard to gauge stats since there was no SEC play - but a 2.85 ERA, 12-4 record, only 4 HR allowed, a .187 BA against, carried us early that season because our offense was scuffling and last in the league in Runs Scored. 2021 speaks for itself.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Vandy SS Carter Young headed to LSU also? Jay Johnson on a roll?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Vandy SS Carter Young headed to LSU also? Jay Johnson on a roll?
    Yeah the Tigers aren't playing around. They're working with the urgency I wish we were working with. Things hopefully will pick up here soon.

vCash
    When you have 10?s of millions to throw around this is what you can expect.

Unfortunately we don?t even have ones of millions to throw around

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    When you have 10?s of millions to throw around this is what you can expect.

Unfortunately we don?t even have ones of millions to throw around
    https://lsusports.net/news/2021/07/0...the-real-deal/

Could be cool marketing to get players but it seems LSU baseball Nil deals are big enough that baseball recipients do not need a scholarship afterwards.

Unofficial number is that Dylan Crews gets 20/50K in NIL deals. That's not pennies but also not Millions. My other uneducated guess is that the payouts are logarithmic in scale. For every 50K player, there are 1,000 with 1K deals.

Watching the "NILSU" video, it's football and basketball at LSU than can become monsters. Shaquille O'Neal is a gregarious billionaire and media figure. Quite the asset. Payton Manning and Shaquille are about the best sports alumni you can have.