Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Tranfers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Look if Lemonis can?t sell our program after we just won the Natty and keep recruiting at an elite level then it won?t last long here after multiple losing seasons
    Lemonis inherited alphas that won. He is not an elite recruiter and he is not an elite coach. Happy we won the National championship last year but we zero momentum and couldn't build on that. As long as Lemonis is here we won't win anything else.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    It's a concern but player development or lack thereof and poor player evaluation are just as concerning if not more....
    We are no longer in the player development time of college athletics with the transfer portal. You either produce or move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Lemonis inherited alphas that won. He is not an elite recruiter and he is not an elite coach. Happy we won the National championship last year but we zero momentum and couldn't build on that. As long as Lemonis is here we won't win anything else.
    This may be the dumbest shit I have ever read on here and that’s saying something…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    We are no longer in the player development time of college athletics with the transfer portal. You either produce or move on.
    Not true. You'll never have a full team of transfers unless you have a coaching change. The people that keep saying this are wrong. TN and AU took transfers that were nothing special last year and turned them into top SEC players at their positions. There's always going to be development. We aren't going to stop recruiting HS players either. But now it'll include some polishing more than full development. I'd say Yeager developed/polished up his skills this year.
    People comparing us to LSU are comparing apples to oranges too. They've got more available spots than us and can toss out more offers. And we weren't taking White when we've already got a big hitting 1B. White had demands to play and not just hit.
    I'm not completely happy with things, but it's not like we're sucking at recruiting.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 06-25-2022 at 08:40 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Not true. You'll never have a full team of transfers unless you have a coaching change. The people that keep saying this are wrong. TN and AU took transfers that were nothing special last year and turned them into top SEC players at their positions. There's always going to be development. We aren't going to stop recruiting HS players either. But now it'll include some polishing more than full development. I'd say Yeager developed/polished up his skills this year.
    People comparing us to LSU are comparing apples to oranges too. They've got more available spots than us and can toss out more offers. And we weren't taking White when we've already got a big hitting 1B. White had demands to play and not just hit.
    I'm not completely happy with things, but it's not like we're sucking at recruiting.
    To add- and lsu has WAY more nil money than we do. And it's not close. What they spent on Tommy is way out of our league. Not saying we would have gotten him, but it was a non starter. Also your point about development is important. Everyone wants to bash us for not taking Sonny D last year. We shouldn't have. He was a 271 hitter w one year left. We already had a first baseman that had put up similar numbers to him. He just blew up. Good for him.

vCash
    I love how you base that off of one season. One, in which, we lost the best pitcher in the country and 4 more arms. But you have the right to make that assumption...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I love how you base that off of one season. One, in which, we lost the best pitcher in the country and 4 more arms. But you have the right to make that assumption...
    What bothers me was the issues and high eras of the pitching staff that weren't injured. One save in the SEC, I read?

vCash
    To add- and lsu has WAY more nil money than we do. And it's not close. What they spent on Tommy is way out of our league. Not saying we would have gotten him, but it was a non starter. Also your point about development is important. Everyone wants to bash us for not taking Sonny D last year. We shouldn't have. He was a 271 hitter w one year left. We already had a first baseman that had put up similar numbers to him. He just blew up. Good for him.
    Yep. And LSU has always had more money. It's not like that's really new. Just like Vandy has. A kid with a good ACT score can go to LSU and get $75K JUST in scholarship money. Then they simply toss in the NIL money and they're up there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    What bothers me was the issues and high eras of the pitching staff that weren't injured. One save in the SEC, I read?
    While I can't argue with it some, most even, didn't make strides. Course we were having to put the same guys out there game after game one injury caused a major domino.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Well, relievers had to start and a couple kids haven't developed. We lost one guy that could close and the other moved to the rotation. Everybody knows I'm no Foxhall fan, but it's not 100% on him either. We literally ran out of arms.
    Look how many games we lost late. We just didn't have the arms. That's what has to be addressed this time in the portal.
    We've got somethings lined up but the draft has to fall our way or I'm afraid we're going to have issues again.

vCash
    Well, relievers had to start and a couple kids haven't developed. We lost one guy that could close and the other moved to the rotation. Everybody knows I'm no Foxhall fan, but it's not 100% on him either. We literally ran out of arms.
    Look how many games we lost late. We just didn't have the arms. That's what has to be addressed this time in the portal.
    We've got somethings lined up but the draft has to fall our way or I'm afraid we're going to have issues again.
    Pretty spot on.

vCash
    Since you know, how much did LSU pay for him and how much NIL money do we have?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Since you know, how much did LSU pay for him and how much NIL money do we have?
    200 is the word and they have a mil for baseball alone. .... the latter question I don't know the exact answer of what our nil baseball budget is, but it's not 200k for one position player.

vCash
    200 is the word and they have a mil for baseball alone. .... the latter question I don't know the exact answer of what our nil baseball budget is, but it's not 200k for one position player.
    Thanks. Hoping Charlie Winfield's plan can at least close the baseball gap. There's no use even trying in football or basketball in my opinion. We will never be an NIL drop in the bucket in those two sports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Thanks. Hoping Charlie Winfield's plan can at least close the baseball gap. There's no use even trying in football or basketball in my opinion. We will never be an NIL drop in the bucket in those two sports.
    Charlie is doing a great job and doing all he can....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Lemonis?s classes in the 23-25 classes are really solid. That 25 class already has 2 top 10 guys. He can recruit. I just don?t see why we haven?t reeled in some bigger fish, but I will be patient.
    Does that mean we can count on them to make it to Dudy Noble or that they are extremely high draft risks with virtually no shot of stepping foot on campus? If it's the latter, that's poor planning so I'm hoping for the first option.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Does that mean we can count on them to make it to Dudy Noble or that they are extremely high draft risks with virtually no shot of stepping foot on campus? If it's the latter, that's poor planning so I'm hoping for the first option.
    We are going after more big fish way more and committing more. Some we will lose. Some we will keep. Can't get them if you can get them to sign w you in the first place.

vCash
    I base it off lack of development, lack of urgency, lack in game adjustment, and what seems like complacency.
    Now if you refute those statements I'll be glad to hear those out

vCash
    Nailed it.

vCash
    I base it off lack of development, lack of urgency, lack in game adjustment, and what seems like complacency.
    Now if you refute those statements I'll be glad to hear those out
    How can you tell about urgency or complacency??? As for development, pretty much every hitter got better. Maybe not the amount fans or coaches wanted but they all improved to a degree.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 06-25-2022 at 11:57 AM.