Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Tranfers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawdawg View Post
    We flew to Colorado Springs today and have offered the pitcher from ucla that entered yesterday everything under the sun.
    Bam!

Let's get this this done - these pitchers are potential game changers for next season.

vCash
    Our luck we'll get him and he'll keep having nagging injuries with that neck issue and then require surgery.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Our luck we'll get him and he'll keep having nagging injuries with that neck issue and then require surgery.
    Our baseball luck is good my man. This is not basketball or women's volleyball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    At what point does Gotro start getting calls from people like FSU and Clemson?l?
    I can?t see Fla State making a moveunless they felt like Jarrett at ND would take their job. It?s his alma mater. They will pay his ass.

Maybe Clemson would take a chance on a hitting coach with no HC?ing experience. Maybe they won?t. I still think GoTro to take a smaller head job before a bigger school pulls the trigger on him
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Yeah, until I see Foxhall develop one, I'll be a little skeptical
    Yes, we need pitchers from the portal that are plug and play. Foxhall is not likely going to 'fix' anyone no matter what raw talent they might possess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I can?t see Fla State making a moveunless they felt like Jarrett at ND would take their job. It?s his alma mater. They will pay his ass.

Maybe Clemson would take a chance on a hitting coach with no HC?ing experience. Maybe they won?t. I still think GoTro to take a smaller head job before a bigger school pulls the trigger on him

I get Jarrett taking FSU job, but wonder what if.....he makes it to CWS and wins it with ND.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    This is who I was talking about earlier this week.
    Who knows, he could come in and end up being a 1st rounder but I'd rather have guys that have had proven success. This sounds more like we're "settling". Course, he was just a frosh too so who knows.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Who knows, he could come in and end up being a 1st rounder but I'd rather have guys that have had proven success. This sounds more like we're "settling". Course, he was just a frosh too so who knows.
    Any freshman that averages over a strikeout per inning is worth a look

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    A look I agree with. As for bringing him on, well we don't need anymore projects. We need proven guys that are SEC ready. Looks like the type of guy you slow play then circle back too if necessary, especially now that bigger names are starting to come to the forefront.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Stinnett averages more than a K per inning, Tullar too, KC Hint also

If hitters are batting 270 against at Ball State, SEC won't be lower. A 5.71 ERA at BSU, i bet Jack Walker would be all conference up there.

If you are bringing in 30 guys and letting them try out in the Fall, that's cool. But I am looking for Guys that were stars at smaller colleges like Yeager at Mercer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Our baseball luck is good my man. This is not basketball or women's volleyball.
    Landon Simms and Simmons say hi 👋
    Last edited by mparkerfd20; 06-11-2022 at 09:55 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Landon Simms and Simmons say hi ��
    National Championship in 2021 say Hi

Dozens of 1st round picks and dozens of All Americans say Hi

13 trips to Omaha say Hi

vCash

If hitters are batting 270 against at Ball State, SEC won't be lower. A 5.71 ERA at BSU, i bet Jack Walker would be all conference up there.

If you are bringing in 30 guys and letting them try out in the Fall, that's cool. But I am looking for Guys that were stars at smaller colleges like Yeager at Mercer.
    I said "is worth a look" not "is worth a scolly"

vCash
    I said "is worth a look" not "is worth a scolly"
    Yes, agreed. Could be the kid made a 5 mph leap from HS to College and MSU is on him first.

Unrelated to this prospect in particular, one thing I miss about Butch's pitching staffs is getting people out with something other than Ks. Would love to have a Chuck Holly or Kendall Gravemen in the mix

vCash

Stinnett, Tullar, & Hunt weren't FR this year. Dohm had a 13 K game this year. Was used as a starter, closer, and middle relief. We've been on him a long time, so we like him. I'll take him and if he doesn't improve next season he's in the portal. We've got a lot of money and spots open. Kids are going to bounce around with the portal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'll take him and if he doesn't improve next season he's in the portal. We've got a lot of money and spots open. Kids are going to bounce around with the portal.
    They may bounce around, but they only get the 1 transfer immediate playing rule.

vCash
    Link Jarrett would be an A+ hire for any team. I would hire him over Vitello.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Link Jarrett would be an A+ hire for any team. I would hire him over Vitello.
    Same here!

vCash
    Yes, agreed. Could be the kid made a 5 mph leap from HS to College and MSU is on him first.

Unrelated to this prospect in particular, one thing I miss about Butch's pitching staffs is getting people out with something other than Ks. Would love to have a Chuck Holly or Kendall Gravemen in the mix
    Agree on this. We need some guys that can eat up innings without running up their pitch counts

vCash

He's at 97-99 and his stats were much better when he started games. He also has two more years of eligibility. I imagine a deeper look into his stats would reveal some answers.

He has the ingredients to be a "where did this guy come from"? Type player that does really well with us.