Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Tranfers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Isaiah Thomas OF from Vanderbilt to the Portal

The best hitter on their team from 2021. The national runner-up team, they would have been champs but ran into a Hot Buzzsaw team.

303 hitter with 13 hr in 2021. I guess was injured last year.

Maybe best friends with Christian Little, we should offer both ASAP.

https://vucommodores.com/roster/isaiah-thomas/
    A big fat no on Thomas. He quit. He wasn't on the team this year.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    This is who I was talking about earlier this week.
    Do you like this pick up?

vCash
    Creightons ace just entered the portal along with Dylan Young from Vandy. GO GET THE PITCHER NOW!! Dude had some dang good numbers last year and could walk in and be a legit ace for us or a #2 behind Cade.

We really REALLY need that frontline guy.

Kinda odd Young entered. Dude was legit year before last then really struggled last year. Maybe a change of scenery would do him good and help him hit his stride. Not really as worried about position players as much as pitching, but take and process later…

vCash
    Would be massive to sign Little. Have Dakota Hudson visit his parents in St Louis.

If he's fit and Ready, he's Friday in Starkville. With Cade as a tandem, MSU has premier starting firepower

We don't need a Mendoza catcher
    Right now, he'd be better than anyone we have, short of Luke coming back which may or may not happen. Don't need to wait too late and be left holding the bag.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Creightons ace just entered the portal along with Dylan Young from Vandy. GO GET THE PITCHER NOW!! Dude had some dang good numbers last year and could walk in and be a legit ace for us or a #2 behind Cade.

We really REALLY need that frontline guy.

Kinda odd Young entered. Dude was legit year before last then really struggled last year. Maybe a change of scenery would do him good and help him hit his stride. Not really as worried about position players as much as pitching, but take and process later…
    Just FIFY it is "Carter" Young from Vandy.

Seems like Vandy is shedding players, big time.

That's why I still like Isaiah Thomas. He does not seem like a lone Landon Jordan, it's is many marquee players leaving.

vCash
    This reliever from Nebraska is portalling out. Great stats, so he does not need Foxhall to "fix" him or "get it figured out".

https://huskers.com/sports/baseball/...on-bragg/43506

vCash
    Not 100% sure why we must be vague about guys we may get. Is seeing their name on EliteDawgs going to make them choose someone else? Oh well, I'm enjoying this...hope we can land a ton of talent

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    This type of statement concerns me a bit. We had 4 of those types of guys on our team this year and none of them put it together. We also had Cerrantola who never put it together.
    Man, if we end up smoked in the Portal game by Vitello, Bianco, Schloss, and Van Horne, I am going to ? kick a lot of rocks.

There are many Rocks to kick out here in the mountains of Colorado.

I survived Polk II and the early 2010's. I can wait out another disaster.

I also digitally recorded the entire 2021 post season, I can manage for a while.

vCash
    Just FIFY it is "Carter" Young from Vandy.

Seems like Vandy is shedding players, big time.

That's why I still like Isaiah Thomas. He does not seem like a lone Landon Jordan, it's is many marquee players leaving.
    I don’t know where the hell I got Dylan from… thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Not 100% sure why we must be vague about guys we may get. Is seeing their name on EliteDawgs going to make them choose someone else? Oh well, I'm enjoying this...hope we can land a ton of talent
    Exactly!! Make a damn list about who we are on and who we are not. Who gives a shit. It’s the damn web…

vCash
    FSU just fired MM Jr - look for some of those guys to jump in now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Not sure why they canned him. He's doing exactly what his Dad did for 100 years there....underachieving.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Tommy Tanks come on down!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    So are waiting for the draft or what? I saw where USCw best pitcher is going to A&M per Rogers. I mean there are 2 Tulane players we were rumored for and both seasons are over. Plus they promoted their assistant coach to head coach. So what are we waiting on!!?? I mean hell we need a whole pitching staff and we have gotten what 1 or 2 so far?
    Something going on at Vandy.......
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/vanderbil...173728576.html
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Well for one thing, he had an awful year with a .207 batting average. He got benched because he wasn't producing, kid needs a change. Portal and NIL has kicked college sports in the n*ts! Just wait like I said in another thread when Mr Alumni buys a player and he gets benched for whatever reason, does the Coach have leverage over Mr Alumni?

vCash
    At what point does Gotro start getting calls from people like FSU and Clemson? I mean he is an elite coach at an elite school like State. At what point does a team reach out to him instead of going the lower head coach rank?

To me, either of those could take whoever they wanted, but with football being the main sport at each school, how
    Much money are they willing to invest in baseball?

vCash
    We flew to Colorado Springs today and have offered the pitcher from ucla that entered yesterday everything under the sun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    Do you like this pick up?
    I think so. It's been in the works, so we wanted him.
    We're still on some good pitchers and players. We need a lot on the pitching side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawdawg View Post
    We flew to Colorado Springs today and have offered the pitcher from ucla that entered yesterday everything under the sun.
    I like this post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawdawg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I like this post
    Agree, Cadaver. I just hope it's legit. B/c we unfortunately need more than 2-3 more SEC-quality arms.