Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Tranfers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Hurston Waldrep (so) from USM is now in the portal. Striker out 140 and only walked 33. Gotta think we are on him…. Hopefully….
    D1 baseball is saying LSU looks like his landing spot. Said rumors of his interest in LSU prior to his portal announcement. We shall see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by No BS Dawg View Post
    D1 baseball is saying LSU looks like his landing spot. Said rumors of his interest in LSU prior to his portal announcement. We shall see.
    LSU is not ****ing around.

vCash
    Yep, buying the best college baseball team money can buy!! We better start crapping or getting off the pot. We all keep waiting for just one blockbuster portal pick-up while LSU seems to be getting one every day. I?m exercising patience, but give us something!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Waldrup at USM just hit the portal. Wow!
    Hall is leaving too. Hear he's headed to uf

vCash
    Everybody talks about NIL, but it's tampering we've got to learn how to work.
    No honor amongst thieves. LSU is grabbing up every top player. We're hitting up Mercer, UNO, and Samford.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 06-29-2022 at 05:51 PM.

vCash
    Yeah I've wondered about what kind of tampering rules are in place but obviously there's none. This kids are being contacted before their seasons are even finished

vCash
    Everybody talks about NIL, but it's tampering we've got to learnI how to work.
    No honor amongst thieves. LSU is grabbing up every top player. We're hitting up Mercer, UNO, and Samford.
    I think NCAA rules are out the window at this point so who cares about tampering? I mean NIL was started as something that would be done by businesses who would pay to use a player's name, image or likeness if the player had name value. Now that's all devolved to where the fans and boosters are being asked to pool money into a collective (basically a slush fund) to buy players out of the portal or HS just to get them to come to your school before they even have any name recognition with most folks just to be able to stay competitive. What a sh!tshow college athletics is becoming.

vCash
    I get what you're saying. We have had a lot of success with transfers over the last few years. Our last transfer from Mercer worked out pretty good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I get what you're saying. We have had a lot of success with transfers over the last few years. Our last transfer from Mercer worked out pretty good.
    Yeah, but all those others we took last year didn't pan out and that hurt us this year. Give me a top pitcher off a super regional team over a guy with a 5 ERA on a little team not doing much. Obviously there are some takes there too, especially guys with high draft potential.

vCash
    Yeah, but all those others we took last year didn't pan out and that hurt us this year. Give me a top pitcher off a super regional team over a guy with a 5 ERA on a little team not doing much. Obviously there are some takes there too, especially guys with high draft potential.
    I'm with ya in wanting top talent too. Lsu apparently is outbidding everyone on players. I happen to have a little inside info on Waldrup. He was supposedly headed to uf after supers but looks lsu snaked them.

vCash
    I'm with ya in wanting top talent too. Lsu apparently is outbidding everyone on players. I happen to have a little inside info on Waldrup. He was supposedly headed to uf after supers but looks lsu snaked them.
    Why wouldn't we have a shot? Money?

vCash
    Davis was a reach but pretty much everyone thought walling was gonna help.

vCash
    I remember the days when baseball players went to college for the love of the game and to be developed, before all the money changed things. Seems like just a few years ago***

I'm glad I have other hobbies...

vCash
    Davis was a reach but pretty much everyone thought walling was gonna help.
    I remember us having a pretty heated argument on hear about Davis and so many of us didn't understand the take.

vCash
    I'm with ya in wanting top talent too. Lsu apparently is outbidding everyone on players..
    LSU wants to win another NC in baseball. They are working hard to do it
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Why wouldn't we have a shot? Money?
    Not saying we didn't have a shot I'm just saying that his deal was pretty much done before his season was even over. I heard day after supers he was headed to uf and nothing happens that quick without prior communication. And then lsu got involved. Couple kids on usm I coached and/or know pretty well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    LSU wants to win another NC in baseball. They are working hard to do it
    Ain't no doubt about it.

vCash
    I bet LSU wants to win more NC?s. My concern is Cohen and Keenum are satisfied with the 1 on that fence and will not do what needs to be done! I perceive a Coach who likes to coach from their seat? like Our former women?s basketball coach and Lemonis, are just not going to go all in to get the players it takes in the new market. I don?t believe Leach will either. I think he is counting on his reputation to bring in skill players and the type of staff to fight like hell to Winn recruiting battles!

vCash
    Having gone to the games ..I want to sweep LSU more than any other school. They dismiss us like an automatic wells bend over and enjoy it win. I would love to bury their program and all of their hopes into the ground and make them respect us. That said, they are beating us win every aspect of recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    I bet LSU wants to win more NC?s. My concern is Cohen and Keenum are satisfied with the 1 on that fence and will not do what needs to be done! I perceive a Coach who likes to coach from their seat? like Our former women?s basketball coach and Lemonis, are just not going to go all in to get the players it takes in the new market. I don?t believe Leach will either. I think he is counting on his reputation to bring in skill players and the type of staff to fight like hell to Winn recruiting battles!
    Is 100% a definite and legitimate concern.