Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Tranfers

vCash
    Apparently LSU isn't done with bringing in big name portal players. They are expecting 4 or 5 more top names.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksondawg View Post
    Apparently LSU isn't done with bringing in big name portal players. They are expecting 4 or 5 more top names.
    They need/have to! They have about half a roster at this point

vCash
    We're taking the same approach as last year, except we're a last place team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We're taking the same approach as last year, except we're a last place team.
    Is that a good thing or bad thing?

vCash
    Bert you are a 17ing idiot.

tommy White to LSWHO https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...262872868.html

vCash
    Our coaches are being FAR too cautious right now. We need to step it up. We are on a lot of guys but we need to start pushing for commitments. There are 2-3 that would commit right now if we pushed them.

vCash
    LSU going out and buying multiple top guys.

I'm telling you, NIL = State baseball is OVER. We will never compete with the $ big names put into the sport, even if we pool our money and they throw scaps at the sport after Football and Basketball. The scale of how poor we are relative to them is massive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    LSU going out and buying multiple top guys.

I'm telling you, NIL = State baseball is OVER. We will never compete with the $ big names put into the sport, even if we pool our money and they throw scaps at the sport after Football and Basketball. The scale of how poor we are relative to them is massive
    Good thing about baseball is the most talented teams don’t always win. Look at UT. I would rather have a bunch of gritty hard nosed players who want to be here instead of a bunch of hired guns. They get Little for one year and Tommy White for 2 (don’t know if he is eligible next year). State baseball isn’t over. Good lord. Chill the **** out. Some of y’all do nothing but sit there and find something else to bitch about. Y’all think buying players is something new? How do y’all think OM got that #1 recruiting class the one year with like 3 first rounders? They bought it…

Baseball has a way of making a player look like an all American one year and then a douche the next.

I’m telling y’all, LSU had to go get some players. They lost/will loose a TON… They we’re Fixen to be bad.

vCash
    The problem is other teams are adding talented proven players and we are lagging behind. We are seeing in real time other schools add top talent while we are still hoping to get some mid-major players. I can handle losing guys in football and basketball due to cost in millions those sports require. Baseball simply needs 1-1.5 million to get what you need.

We can handle that especially with our history, support, and facilities
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Good thing about baseball is the most talented teams don’t always win. Look at UT. I would rather have a bunch of gritty hard nosed players who want to be here instead of a bunch of hired guns. They get Little for one year and Tommy White for 2 (don’t know if he is eligible next year). State baseball isn’t over. Good lord. Chill the **** out. Some of y’all do nothing but sit there and find something else to bitch about. Y’all think buying players is something new? How do y’all think OM got that #1 recruiting class the one year with like 3 first rounders? They bought it…

Baseball has a way of making a player look like an all American one year and then a douche the next.

I’m telling y’all, LSU had to go get some players. They lost/will loose a TON… They we’re Fixen to be bad.
    The most talented team doesnt always win- but the most talented team beat the absolute **** out of us in Sville this season including the worst loss in State history. I personally dont want that to happen again.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post

Ahh yes, the "talent doesn't matter, we'll win with grit!" Narative. It's not like the top teams in the country every year in every sport have really good recruiting or anything, cause talent doesn't matter.

LSU lost a ton? Yeah. And they're REPLACING IT WITH THE TOP TRANSFER IN THE COUNTRY! We need a complete roster makeover and we're hoping mid major guys pick us, as we miss on some targets.

Talent matters. Money buys talent. We don't have money. Do the math.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    The most talented team doesnt always win- but the most talented team beat the absolute **** out of us in Sville this season including the worst loss in State history. I personally dont want that to happen again.
    Yeah nobody is winning wo talent. Yes ole miss is hot but going into the year, everyone thought they'd have a very good offense. It's picked up and Delucia and Elliot have really picked up the pace and become quality guys.

vCash
    Look if Lemonis can?t sell our program after we just won the Natty and keep recruiting at an elite level then it won?t last long here after multiple losing seasons

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Look if Lemonis can?t sell our program after we just won the Natty and keep recruiting at an elite level then it won?t last long here after multiple losing seasons
    I am not sold that he can recruit in the new age of college athletics. Cannizzaro could, Lemonis I am not so sure on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I am not sold that he can recruit in the new age of college athletics. Cannizzaro could, Lemonis I am not so sure on.
    If we don't have a new and better pitching staff enrolling in August, then Lemonis is heading to something really bad. Polk II scale.

If you can't recruit as a National Champion, you probably don't recruit as last place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You might be surprised. Let it play out.
    Don't you tease Man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    They need/have to! They have about half a roster at this point
    So they're just like us......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Lemonis’s classes in the 23-25 classes are really solid. That 25 class already has 2 top 10 guys. He can recruit. I just don’t see why we haven’t reeled in some bigger fish, but I will be patient.

vCash
    When is the deadline for portal guys to announce their destinations?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    It's a concern but player development or lack thereof and poor player evaluation are just as concerning if not more....
    Last edited by Saltydog; 06-25-2022 at 07:54 AM.