Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Tranfers

vCash
    I find it funny too that our fans rip on a FR pitcher we bring in who has numbers not much worse than Dollander last year when they brought him in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Thats a copout. We played a week longer than Tenn did. We recruit constantly in season.
    Yep. If you can't multitask with the other elite recruiters then find something else to do.

Especially at 1.2 mil a year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    A big fat no on Thomas. He quit. He wasn't on the team this year.
    Hmm, Just read about him, sounds like the modern mental kids companies have in HR nowadays. Hard Pass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Yep. If you can't multitask with the other elite recruiters then find something else to do.

I’d rather my coach put all his focus on winning a national championship, when given the opportunity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Go look when TN got transfers. Hell, we brought in some ourselves. One a damn all American that put up similar numbers to our best player last year. Now Foxhall, his ass is worthless IMO. But I said that last year while everybody defended him. This year, we've flipped the roster and cut loose recruits to better fill needs. Hard to complain about that.
    All the time I hear about Lenonis and Gautreau recruiting but never about Foxhall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    All the time I hear about Lenonis and Gautreau recruiting but never about Foxhall.
    They all go on the road. Even cheese from time to time....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Thats a copout. We played a week longer than Tenn did. We recruit constantly in season.
    How much money did you lose betting Tennessee would win at all?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post

I love hearing our fans talk trash to the coach who finally won us a national title within 12 months of him doing that

vCash
    This and from what I understand Cheese is pretty popular with recruits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This and from what I understand Cheese is pretty popular with recruits.
    There is absolutely no way a coach named cheese is not popular with recruits?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I love hearing our fans talk trash to the coach who finally won us a national title within 12 months of him doing that
    Yeah. We've had some extremely talented teams in the past, but have never had a coach who could win a Natty. It was fun watching that team get better as the season progressed. Lemonis has coached 3 full seasons. 2 CWS appearances with a National Championship. Not bad. He has to rebound from this year pretty quick though.

vCash
    That's what I hoped (figured) was happening. But it's weird that I only hear about people seeing Lemonis and Gautreau.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Yeah. We've had some extremely talented teams in the past, but have never had a coach who could win a Natty. It was fun watching that team get better as the season progressed. Lemonis has coached 3 full seasons. 2 CWS appearances with a National Championship. Not bad. He has to rebound from this year pretty quick though.
    Lemonis is still new to MSU to a degree and I think he has to figure out our "forumula" for winning. Which is pitching, defense, and power blended with speed from aggressive hard working players who get on base. That's our identity. Last year we were a pull heavy 3 run home run team with a depleted by injury pitching staff.

People used to criticize Cohen as a coach but he knew what worked here. He brought back the toughness first and then once we started to have success we started to get the blue chips guys and ultimately had the best run in school history.

vCash
    Only at State could a team win a National Championship and require a complete program rebuild a year later. SMH. Our athletics program is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Only at State could a team win a National Championship and require a complete program rebuild a year later. SMH. Our athletics program is a joke.
    Our baseball program needs to learn how to be champions. By that I mean learn how to win where we are built for long term annual success and not one special year. Hopefully we've done that.

At least we aren't USM talking about how special it was to host a Super Regional.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    How much money did you lose betting Tennessee would win at all?
    Not as much as I spent on those Royal Reds Saturday night
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Well we did make the CWS three times in a row so it was certainly not unexpected to take a step back. Just tough thing to keep at that level every year. But we all recognize that it was unacceptable to drop back to an overall losing record. Injuries were a significant factor but the biggest thing is that our pitching staff, even with the guys that stayed healthy, just underperformed and were obviously underdeveloped. Cade Smith may be the only guy on the staff that you can say was better than the year before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Well we did make the CWS three times in a row so it was certainly not unexpected to take a step back. Just tough thing to keep at that level every year. But we all recognize that it was unacceptable to drop back to an overall losing record. Injuries were a significant factor but the biggest thing is that our pitching staff, even with the guys that stayed healthy, just underperformed and were obviously underdeveloped. Cade Smith may be the only guy on the staff that you can say was better than the year before.
    We didn’t just step back. We tripped and fell of a cliff.

vCash
    So anyone heard anything? I know about the Samford kid and the one pitcher we picked up from ball state

anything else coming? Hell A&M and and TN were still playing and getting kids…

What about the kids from Tulane? The AF guy? The Vandy guy? I mean what is everyone hearing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    So anyone heard anything? I know about the Samford kid and the one pitcher we picked up from ball state

anything else coming? Hell A&M and and TN were still playing and getting kids…

What about the kids from Tulane? The AF guy? The Vandy guy? I mean what is everyone hearing!
    Trying to get Skeene to visit. A lot of the other like Groff we're fine but he's evaluating how things look in the draft.

I think we will see a flurry of commits around draft time in about a month.