Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Tranfers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Vandy SS Carter Young headed to LSU also? Jay Johnson on a roll?
    The guy was awful all year. Got benched. Has regressed every year. They can have him. Had we taken him everyone would be complaining. And so would I.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Vandy SS Carter Young headed to LSU also? Jay Johnson on a roll?
    Carter Young regressed badly this past year. He hit .207 with .380 slugging pct, 66 K's and .327 obp. LSU is getting him mostly to shore up their defense as it was pretty bad this past year. He may hit a few hrs but he's not gonna help much at the plate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I thought you were talking about this year. LOL.
    OMG noooo!!!! Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Carter Young regressed badly this past year. He hit .207 with .380 slugging pct, 66 K's and .327 obp. LSU is getting him mostly to shore up their defense as it was pretty bad this past year. He may hit a few hrs but he's not gonna help much at the plate.
    He wasn't much help in the field either at Omaha in 2021.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    He wasn't much help in the field either at Omaha in 2021.
    Truth!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    The guy was awful all year. Got benched. Has regressed every year. They can have him. Had we taken him everyone would be complaining. And so would I.
    Yeah. Our fans would be like "why did we take a guy that is worse that Forsythe defensively and has a lower batting average?"

He goes to Vandy "We're getting killed in the portal!"

vCash
    ��

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    https://lsusports.net/news/2021/07/0...the-real-deal/

Could be cool marketing to get players but it seems LSU baseball Nil deals are big enough that baseball recipients do not need a scholarship afterwards.

Unofficial number is that Dylan Crews gets 20/50K in NIL deals. That's not pennies but also not Millions. My other uneducated guess is that the payouts are logarithmic in scale. For every 50K player, there are 1,000 with 1K deals.

Watching the "NILSU" video, it's football and basketball at LSU than can become monsters. Shaquille O'Neal is a gregarious billionaire and media figure. Quite the asset. Payton Manning and Shaquille are about the best sports alumni you can have.
    When you mentioned Shaq it reminded me that we are about to have several of our former players get called up to MLB soon- and some of them will be getting a big payday in a few years. Instead of having them build a building like Palmeiro we need to start asking them to contribute to NIL. Get a couple of them to contribute or earmark a million to NIL and then we're talking about a whole different level of player we can attract. The rest of us can fund Houston Harding.

vCash
    Amani Larry is transferring in. He played 2nd base at University of New Orleans last year. He played at East Central CC his freshman season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlytheW3 View Post
    Amani Larry is transferring in. He played 2nd base at University of New Orleans last year. He played at East Central CC his freshman season.
    Burry the led there - a .370 hitter, 16 SB, 56 RBI, 9 HR - SOLID Get
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Really nice, under the radar pick up. This guy is a dirtbag, one of the highest compliments a baseball player can get IMO. He could be be our Dubrule/Yeager next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by No BS Dawg View Post
    Really nice, under the radar pick up. This guy is a dirtbag, one of the highest compliments a baseball player can get IMO. He could be be our Dubrule/Yeager next year.
    Like I posted a while back, "There are lots of sleepers". Quit panicking as we are a Baseball School, always have been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Quit panicking as we are a Baseball School, always have been.
    I think that is the reason for the "panic", we are a baseball school that is not good at baseball.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    I watched this kid play at ECCC. This is a very good pickup! Line drive hitter with pop and can really run.

vCash
    ����
    Not the last one we're getting this week.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 06-28-2022 at 04:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Burry the led there - a .370 hitter, 16 SB, 56 RBI, 9 HR - SOLID Get
    Pretty impressive. Good get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    ����
    This. Been trying to encourage folks to be patient.

vCash
    This. Been trying to encourage folks to be patient.
    It's impossible. I've tried too.

I watched this kid play at ECCC. This is a very good pickup! Line drive hitter with pop and can really run.
    His Dad played in the Yankees system so he comes from a good baseball family.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    ����
    I would love it if Skenes and Nixon picked us tomorrow during Ole Miss's victory party.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's impossible. I've tried too.

His Dad played in the Yankees system so he comes from a good baseball family.
    Yeah this is not like ordering off the menu at McDonald's 😂! Lot of variables in this thing.